Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Harrell's upside, I just hope he reaches it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should benefit from the elimination of force outs as much as anyone. We don't run a lot of sideline pass routes and it should help with the physical play of our CBs. We got screwed by that rule a couple times last year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
We should benefit from the elimination of force outs as much as anyone. We don't run a lot of sideline pass routes and it should help with the physical play of our CBs. We got screwed by that rule a couple times last year.
Yes sir... for example our first game against the bears last season
Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Yes sir... for example our first game against the bears last season
Ya and later on in the season i think Bubba caught a TD but thy didnt call it a force out
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I really like Harrell's upside, I just hope he reaches it.
Sure, it'd be great if he reached his "upside". Just like it would have been great for Antuan Edwards to have reached his upside. Until he does, I don't like him more than the DTs that he already have, and in C-Dub's case, had. Johnny Jolly was showing he was a tremendous value for an R6 guy. Nothing wrong with Cole, other than he's a UDFA and doesn't have the pressure to play him that your R1 guy has. Maybe he'll play great this year, now that he's two years removed from injury.

On a side note, Mayock has GB taking Sam Baker in R1. I'd much rather have a CB there, but Baker's skill set looks like a ZBS match, though his 40 time is terrible.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

I'd accept Baker there, but I think one of the better OTs will still be on board.

Our two primary needs, CB and OT, are more for the future and not immediate, because Harris and Woodson, and Tauscher and Clifton are actually 4 of our best players.
But they are all old of course.... but TT is not adverse to being patient.

I think once again, TT will suprise us all, so that's why I am not too excited about making any more mock drafts...... can't guess that guy ever.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I kinda think we get a lineman in R1 and OT makes the most sense, maybe DE, or OG if Albert falls (won't happen).

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Sure, it'd be great if he reached his "upside". Just like it would have been great for Antuan Edwards to have reached his upside. Until he does, I don't like him more than the DTs that he already have, and in C-Dub's case, had. Johnny Jolly was showing he was a tremendous value for an R6 guy. Nothing wrong with Cole, other than he's a UDFA and doesn't have the pressure to play him that your R1 guy has. Maybe he'll play great this year, now that he's two years removed from injury.

On a side note, Mayock has GB taking Sam Baker in R1. I'd much rather have a CB there, but Baker's skill set looks like a ZBS match, though his 40 time is terrible.
I'd be happy with Baker, I don't know why his 40 time matters that much.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

What if DeSean Jackson is still on the board when we're up at pick #30?
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
What if DeSean Jackson is still on the board when we're up at pick #30?
Icky. No way, I don't want that pipsqueak on the Packers. They are basically set at Wideout anyways. However, WR is not out of the question depending on who's available, Driver's replacement could be drafted.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Icky. No way, I don't want that pipsqueak on the Packers. They are basically set at Wideout anyways. However, WR is not out of the question depending on who's available, Driver's replacement could be drafted.

I say if he is there at 30 we take him. Jackson is a playmakers and you have to take players like that in the draft. We are pretty set at wideout but Jackson would make an outstanding slot reciever, who teams would have to account for on every play because of his speed and what he can do with the ball in his hands. Not to mention that he is an outstanding return man, we have some decent returners on our team but no one like Jackson. having a KRer like that can win us games.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really like picking Jackson if he's there. Dont think it'd be the worst thing ever either but we have a ton of depth at WR and although he didnt really show it last year, Koren is still a former pro-bowl kick returner and Blackmon looked good as a PR so Jackson's returning skills arent a huge need either. He'd be a nice playmaker since we like to run short routes and allow receivers to do stuff after the catch. I wouldnt flip out or anything if we took him and it is possible since TT takes BPA, but i'm just hoping the BPA will more immediate help than Jackson since I think he's at least a year or two away as a WR.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If desean Jackson fell to us, I would really hope that we would take him. I mean he has the ability to be at the worst a devin hester type kickoff returner. The packers could also ease him into becoming a receiver as well. The one thing that I am worried about is that are going to be some talented receivers possibly there when we draft like, sweed, manningham, and hardy, and that we will draft one of them, even though we definetly dont need one. As far as I am concerned, as long as we dont draft Brian Brohm in the first round I will be happy.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
I dont really like picking Jackson if he's there. Dont think it'd be the worst thing ever either but we have a ton of depth at WR and although he didnt really show it last year, Koren is still a former pro-bowl kick returner and Blackmon looked good as a PR so Jackson's returning skills arent a huge need either.
I think Blackmon is a very good KR but in his two years with us he has not been able to stay healthy. If he is hurt then he is no help to us, he just takes up a roster spot. I don't even think that Blackmon is a very good CB and since he is hurt all the time it is hard for him to improve. Coaches have a saying "your ethier getting better or your getting worse, no one stays the same." It is also yet to be seen if Robinson will return to his pro bowl form( I hope he does because i've been really pulling for the guy since he came back from his suspention)
Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Green Bay eyes Vikes Birk?

It's inexplicable why the Vikings haven't offered to extend the contract of six-time Pro Bowl center Matt Birk, who is entering the final season of an eight-year deal. No player in the NFL has played eight seasons on one contract without having it restructured or extended at least a couple of years before it expires. The offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers, by the way, is Joe Philbin, who was Birk's offensive line coach at Harvard. Don't think for a moment that Green Bay wouldn't love to have Birk, 31, who intends to play several more years, if he becomes available. -- Pioneer Press

maybe move Scott Wells to LG guard it would improve our offensiveline
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I doubt Wells moves, I doubt we sign an old lineman, I doubt the Vikes let him go (without reason)

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Green Bay eyes Vikes Birk?

It's inexplicable why the Vikings haven't offered to extend the contract of six-time Pro Bowl center Matt Birk, who is entering the final season of an eight-year deal. No player in the NFL has played eight seasons on one contract without having it restructured or extended at least a couple of years before it expires. The offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers, by the way, is Joe Philbin, who was Birk's offensive line coach at Harvard. Don't think for a moment that Green Bay wouldn't love to have Birk, 31, who intends to play several more years, if he becomes available. -- Pioneer Press

maybe move Scott Wells to LG guard it would improve our offensiveline
Birk would be nice but i think that there is alot of time between this time next year and now, so right now it's just sepulation, but that is interesting that the Viking have not signed him yet
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pure speculation from the star tribune. What happens to Wells if they sign Birk? Move him to guard? That would make three centers starting on the interior line for the Packers. He's 31 years old, won't happen.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Desean Jackson is..there is 0% chance he is there at 30. Being the fastest WR in the draft (basically) will get him drafted top 15 easy. It's a Ted Ginn thing..

Anyways you guys/girls check out the article on the front of www.packerchatters.com ? It's about the weights of our players.. Looks like our DL men have bulked up ESPECIALLY Harrel
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well "added weight" which I'm banking on it being muscle ;)
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Actually, I read shortly after the season ended from MM that Harrell wasn't as comfortable at that weight and likes playing at 305ish more. He was about 315-320 the whole season.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Actually, I read shortly after the season ended from MM that Harrell wasn't as comfortable at that weight and likes playing at 305ish more. He was about 315-320 the whole season.
I think he'll be fine at that wieght. That was the wieght that i expceted that he would play at.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/475495.html

If Aaron were to get hurt this year and the Packers asked Brett to come back he would consider it.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also like Tramon Williams as a returner. He had a fine TD himself. I think we have enough guys able to return kicks and punts that we dont need to take one at 30.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to take his words in the strangest context possible. He said it'd be hard to turn down but to take that as anything other than him staying retired no matter what is insane.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote