Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complete Packers schedule:
Week 1: Monday 8/9 v Minnesota Vikings 7pm
Week 2: Sunday 14/9 @ Detroit Lions 1pm
Week 3: Sunday 21/9 v Dallas Cowboys 8.15pm
Week 4: Sunday 28/9 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1pm
Week 5: Sunday 5/10 v Atlanta Falcons 1pm
Week 6: Sunday 12/10 @ Seattle Seahawks 4.15pm
Week 7: Sunday 19/10 v Indianapolis Colts 4.15pm
Week 8: Bye Week
Week 9: Sunday 2/11 @ Tennessee Titans 1pm
Week 10: Sunday 9/11 @ Minnesota Vikings 1pm
Week 11: Sunday 16/11 v Chicago Bears 1pm
Week 12: Monday 24/11 @ New Orleans Saints 8.30pm
Week 13: Sunday 30/11 v Carolina Panthers 1pm
Week 14: Sunday 7/12 v Houston Texans 1pm
Week 15: Sunday 14/12 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1pm
Week 16: Monday 22/12 @ Chicago Bears 8.30pm
Week 17: Sunday 28/12 v Detroit Lions 1pm

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a tough opening half of the schedule. I wish Dallas/Indy would have been during the colder part of the season.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our road schedule. I'm glad that our toughest games are at home.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

But 2 early cupcakes with Atlanta and Detroit, and the Vikings are supposed to be bad, but that's a rivalry and always tough, plus Adrian Peterson.... that defense will be fresh. Sharper roaming looking to catch Rodgers' first passes......

I love the Dallas game on Primetime, NBC.
The Colts should have been too, but CBS wouldn't give that one up to ABC or NBC.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
But 2 early cupcakes with Atlanta and Detroit, and the Vikings are supposed to be bad, but that's a rivalry and always tough, plus Adrian Peterson.... that defense will be fresh. Sharper roaming looking to catch Rodgers' first passes......

I love the Dallas game on Primetime, NBC.
The Colts should have been too, but CBS wouldn't give that one up to ABC or NBC.
How are they supposed to be bad? I think they'll be our top competition this season.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

DAMN! I wanted Green Bay to play the Colts AND/or the Cowboys in December... That is an ultimate bummer
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

two night games in the 1st three week Aaron Rodgers is goin to have everyone watching him
it sucks that we have to wait 11 weeks to vs the Bears thou, but i like the monday night game

Top 5 Hard Games

Sept. 8 (Mon.) Minnesota Vikings 1st NFL start
Sept. 21 Dallas Cowboys Rodgers vs the Cowboys again
Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts who ever our nickle is better step up
Dec 14 at Jacksonville Jaguars thats going to be a pretty hard game
Dec. 22 (Mon.) at Chicago Bears this game may be a big part towards the playoffs

everyteam on our schedule other then the Falcons went 7/9 WOW

Last edited by The Legend : 04-15-2008 at 03:09 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot hinges on Rodgers if he is good/decent playoffs if he sucks were going to struggle. I have faith tho after watching the Dallas game and every preseason he has grown. Ya injuries are big to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will certainly be a difficult schedule and Aaron will have alot on his shoulders...I'm looking at a 10-6 record

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Interesting schedule, I'm not worried about the second half of the season other then that Jacksonville game, that will be a smash mouth game and maybe the Saints if they end up being the 06 Saints.

The first half is gonna tough but at least the good teams are spaced out with bad teams like Detroit and Atlanta. Even Minnesota is bad but with it being Aaron's first start I see that being difficult, if we lose that game it's because Aaron loses it, Minnesota is bad.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
everyteam on our schedule other then the Falcons went 7/9 WOW
Fortunately, only 5 teams on the schedule did better than 9-7. Very middle-of-the-road schedule.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Week 1: Monday 8/9 v Minnesota Vikings 7pm- W
Week 2: Sunday 14/9 @ Detroit Lions 1pm- W
Week 3: Sunday 21/9 v Dallas Cowboys 8.15pm -L
Week 4: Sunday 28/9 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1pm W
Week 5: Sunday 5/10 v Atlanta Falcons 1pm- W
Week 6: Sunday 12/10 @ Seattle Seahawks 4.15pm -W
Week 7: Sunday 19/10 v Indianapolis Colts 4.15pm -L
Week 9: Sunday 2/11 @ Tennessee Titans 1pm- W
Week 10: Sunday 9/11 @ Minnesota Vikings 1pm -W
Week 11: Sunday 16/11 v Chicago Bears 1pm-W
Week 12: Monday 24/11 @ New Orleans Saints 8.30pm -W
Week 13: Sunday 30/11 v Carolina Panthers 1pm-W
Week 14: Sunday 7/12 v Houston Texans 1pm-W
Week 15: Sunday 14/12 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1pm-L
Week 16: Monday 22/12 @ Chicago Bears 8.30pm-L
Week 17: Sunday 28/12 v Detroit Lions 1pm-W

I hav us goin 12-4
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i see 11-5. i see us losing to tampa for some reason
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i see 11-5. i see us losing to tampa for some reason
I hope not im goin to that game
Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 10-5 give or take a game
Old 04-16-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was thinking 9-7/10-6 last year too and look what happened. Dont be shocked if it happens again. We may not have Favre now but the supporting cast has been rapidly improving. Bigby came on strong in the playoffs and could have a big year. I think this could be the season that Jennings becomes a Top WR in the league. James Jones was a little inconsistant last year but he could put together a good year. I could go on for a while naming young players who could have a good year. Dont be shocked. I wont be.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think the schedule looks tough at all. Looks average. Best of all there's no outrageous times like the Sunday-Thursday-Thursday we had last year.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I think 10-5 give or take a game
Well you're going to have to give or take one, because that'd only be 15 games.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought avatars were for queers............................................ ....................?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reckon we'll end up around 10-6 but I didn't think we'd do any better than .500 last year, so hopefully I get proved wrong again.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im counting 10 victories
Old 04-16-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

10/6 then again i said 9/7 last year and we went 13/3
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 1: Monday 8/9 v Minnesota Vikings 7pm -W
Week 2: Sunday 14/9 @ Detroit Lions 1pm -W
Week 3: Sunday 21/9 v Dallas Cowboys 8.15pm -W
Week 4: Sunday 28/9 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1pm -L
Week 5: Sunday 5/10 v Atlanta Falcons 1pm -W
Week 6: Sunday 12/10 @ Seattle Seahawks 4.15pm -W
Week 7: Sunday 19/10 v Indianapolis Colts 4.15pm -L
Week 9: Sunday 2/11 @ Tennessee Titans 1pm -W
Week 10: Sunday 9/11 @ Minnesota Vikings 1pm -W
Week 11: Sunday 16/11 v Chicago Bears 1pm -W
Week 12: Monday 24/11 @ New Orleans Saints 8.30pm -L
Week 13: Sunday 30/11 v Carolina Panthers 1pm -W
Week 14: Sunday 7/12 v Houston Texans 1pm -W
Week 15: Sunday 14/12 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1pm -L
Week 16: Monday 22/12 @ Chicago Bears 8.30pm -L
Week 17: Sunday 28/12 v Detroit Lions 1pm -W

11-5 here. I have 7-1 at home and 4-4 on the road, which would be a solid year and contender for the Division. The Packers did really well on the road last year, so we'll see if that was Favre's influence or whether the team has that road warrior mentality. Could be a better year if so, as TB and NO are winable away games. If they're not as tough on the road, then they might have trouble with Minnesota.

I was also tempted to have us beating the Colts, but I think the Packers will lose at least one home game so they were the choice.

I have the Packers beating Dallas. Rodgers almost had them last year at their place and likely would have beat them if he'd started the whole game. Basing a season prediction on that one game is tough, but Rodgers looked better than most of th QBs he'll be facing this year ($60 million for Garard? Are you kidding me?) and he has what I believe will be a top-5 defense to help him along the way. Toss in the young play-makers in Jennings and Grant, along with an offensive line now going into their third year of the Gibbs chop-block-o-rama ZBS and the offense has the potential to be more efficient and clock-absorbing than last year, though I think with Brett gone there will actually be more field goal attempts and fewer points.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the defense finally reaches its potential this year. Harrell should do solid this year (I hope), Hawk and Barnett will be great as usual, hopefully either Chillar or Poppinga will play above average, and one of those 3 safeties should breakout. Right now I would only be worried about the CB's

This is probably Al Harris' last good year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think the defense finally reaches its potential this year. Harrell should do solid this year (I hope), Hawk and Barnett will be great as usual, hopefully either Chillar or Poppinga will play above average, and one of those 3 safeties should breakout. Right now I would only be worried about the CB's

This is probably Al Harris' last good year
I think Als one of those guys thats gonna be pritty good till the day he retires ill giv him 2 more years maybe 3.