Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I think Als one of those guys thats gonna be pritty good till the day he retires ill giv him 2 more years maybe 3.
I sure hope im wrong and your right

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think the defense finally reaches its potential this year. Harrell should do solid this year (I hope), Hawk and Barnett will be great as usual, hopefully either Chillar or Poppinga will play above average, and one of those 3 safeties should breakout. Right now I would only be worried about the CB's

This is probably Al Harris' last good year
I also think that this years d is gonna be real good and could be one of the NFL's best
Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree, I think I saw some age last year (Harris).

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I disagree, I think I saw some age last year (Harris).
Yeah, he looked old and really bad in the NFC Champ game vs. Plax, however the fact that the pack didn't blitz at all and gave Eli all day to throw didn't help him either. I would say that whoever the pack brings in through the draft should be ready to play extensively after this season.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Harris was solid throughout the year, but the last game was awful. I'm not sure if it was Father Time or just that Plaxico was the better man constantly that night. I don't think it's fair to completely say Harris is washed up after just one bad game.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Harris was solid throughout the year, but the last game was awful. I'm not sure if it was Father Time or just that Plaxico was the better man constantly that night. I don't think it's fair to completely say Harris is washed up after just one bad game.
It was some of both. We need a solution besides leaving him on an island against receivers who are 6'5" with 4.4 speed.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#4 will be retired during the opener. I was hoping that would be the decission.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Cole has officially signed his second round tender. He'll make 1.417 million this year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

If Allen goes to Minnesota I'll be scared of their defense. As it is they are still exploitable by a spread offense like ours, but with the DTs they have Allen could really give them a pass rush.

I was hoping we would sign him as a UFA this year or next, but seeing the numbers that are being tossed around for him is completely out of the question...I've seen 2 firsts or a 1st 2nd and 3rd, and 8 years 71 mil for the contract come up as rumored offers.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

what is allen going for????
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Allen goes to Minnesota I'll be scared of their defense. As it is they are still exploitable by a spread offense like ours, but with the DTs they have Allen could really give them a pass rush.

I was hoping we would sign him as a UFA this year or next, but seeing the numbers that are being tossed around for him is completely out of the question...I've seen 2 firsts or a 1st 2nd and 3rd, and 8 years 71 mil for the contract come up as rumored offers.
Is Allen really trying to get that much money? Thats crazy i hope we don't even consider bringing him in for that price.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was some of both. We need a solution besides leaving him on an island against receivers who are 6'5" with 4.4 speed.
The first time he against Plax he played well. Its hard to stop a guy that big when your that skinny, but Al did a good enough job for us to win comfortably. Really the only WR's that played well against Al were TO and Plax and sort of Brandon Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Colin Cole has officially signed his second round tender. He'll make 1.417 million this year.
Good for him

Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

8yrs 71 Million hes going to get more then that

i think he maybe asking that price to the Chiefs cause he knows how bad they need him
also usally when a team has a bad season people ask for more money
i think if he came to the packers we could get him for maybe 7yrs 63 Million
like Charles Grant Contract but DE are big money and i think with the retirement of favre
we got a lil more money to spend and i wouldnt mind going after Allen for the right picks
Tommy Kelly just got 7yrs 50 Million i think Allen is goign to want more

Dwight Freeney - 6yrs 72 Million (12) - Sacks Avg Last 2 Season = 4.5
Aaron Schobel - 7yrs 50 Million (7) - Sacks Avg Last 2 Season = 10
Charles Grant - 7yrs 63 Million (9) - Sacks Avg Last 2 Season = 4
Mario Williams - 6yrs 54 Million (9) - Sacks Avg Last 2 Season = 9.5
my guess would be somewhere around 9-10 million
7yrs 70 Million or 7yrs 63 Million

Jared Allen Sacks Avg Last 2 Season = 11.5 more then the top paid,
has and 11 sack avg in his career thats more then Freeney its more then Jason Taylor
more then any active player with atleast 4years under there belt he should get paid

Last edited by The Legend : 04-17-2008 at 06:19 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

notice how kampman gets paid way less than those guys and plays way better (Except maybe Mario and Freeney when healthy)

Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Kampman will get a big contract after another great year
4yrs 20 Million is a bit low, if he has 10+ sack this year i could see him getting 50+ mill

Last edited by The Legend : 04-17-2008 at 09:30 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kampman diffidently deserves a big contract. He is someone who I wouldnt mind giving a big contract to. He wont get settled in once he gets paid big time like others do.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im all for giving kampman a big contract, atleast we know he will produce year in and year out.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a new deal before the season starts.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Kampman will get a big contract after another great year
4yrs 20 Million is a bit low, if he has 10+ sack this year i could see him getting 50+ mill
I'd like to see all our veteran players get a roster bonus. Being at 35 million and not bringing in an FA means that TT can pay the guys this year that have done well. The o-line, Lee, Kampman, Jennings, Pickett, Bigby and Grant.

I'd be happy giving up a 1st and second for Jared Allen, and then paying him $20 million up front so he wouldn't kill the cap. Jared Allen + Aaron Kampman + KGB = Utter Havoc on opposing offenses. TT won't do it, but I'd still like to see it. I'd also like to see TT bring in Lito Sheppard for a second round pick.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i would not be ok with dealing a first and a second for Allen. We need to build throught the draft more, and cgain more pieces. I just think it is too high of a price to pay for a DE
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way would I give a first and second for Allen.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that'd be a smart move for us. I don't want the Vikings to get hiim though.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
No way would I give a first and second for Allen.
Who would you take with those picks that would positively impact the team more than Jared Allen? A nickel back and a 2nd TE or backup safety or an OG? R U serious?

I am not sure what the obsession with picks over players is. The draft means you MIGHT get the next Barry Sanders, or you MIGHT get the next Tony Mandarich.

Allen is a proven commodity, and think about him next to Pickett or Jolly or Harrell and opposite Kampman. It would be like trading Corey Williams and the first rounder to KC. We're not talking about pick#5 like Hawk's. We're talking pick #30. For an All-Pro DE. Kampman + Allen = 30 sacks next year. That's not worth a first and second this year?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Who would you take with those picks that would positively impact the team more than Jared Allen? A nickel back and a 2nd TE or backup safety or an OG? R U serious?

I am not sure what the obsession with picks over players is. The draft means you MIGHT get the next Barry Sanders, or you MIGHT get the next Tony Mandarich.

Allen is a proven commodity, and think about him next to Pickett or Jolly or Harrell and opposite Kampman. It would be like trading Corey Williams and the first rounder to KC. We're not talking about pick#5 like Hawk's. We're talking pick #30. For an All-Pro DE. Kampman + Allen = 30 sacks next year. That's not worth a first and second this year?
That'd be pretty damn awesome, and had Favre stayed I would have said go for it but I'm not sure that'd be the best move now. We do have a lot of cap space, but we'd be pretty drained soon if we got Allen. To start Allen want's $70-$80 million. We'd then have to give Kampman at least as much. DEs are very important and those are two of the best in the game but $160 million tied up to one position is a big deal.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

good thing we have a ton of free cap, but still thats a ton of money, but also a ton of sacks. Plus Minnesota might get him so if we get him and Minny doesnt than thats an added bonus