Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whilst we're on the subject, would you rather have:
Jared Allen and Lito Shepherd?
Or Antoine Cason, John Carlson and Oniel Cousins? (Scott's latest mock)

Surely we'd have to make the trades if possible, that would make our defense incredible.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rather take the young guys, Shepherd wants to get paid and we shouldn't be involved in over paying a nickel CB, Allen hasn't proven anything, I would like to see how many times he can play at that level, and if he can stay away from drinking his career away.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

Surely we'd have to make the trades if possible, that would make our defense incredible.

Well sure you could say that. But the fact is how much money would that cost us vs. the other option. I know we have plenty of caproom but look how much Allen and Sheppard want, its a riddicilious amount.

And we already have two starting CB's and DE's why would we go break the bank for both of those guys when they really don't have any spots to fill.

I think building through the draft is smarter because its not as big of a cost.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

well, I'll take Allen and Lito but only over those guys because I'm iffy on Cason, dont like Carlson, and like Cousins but am not in love with him.

I would rather have the 3 draft picks knowing what TT will do with them than trading for those guys. (nothing against Scott's mock or anything, TT is always all over the place so I'm looking more so at the picks we have than the guys we're projected to take)
Old 04-21-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
rather take the young guys, Shepherd wants to get paid and we shouldn't be involved in over paying a nickel CB, Allen hasn't proven anything, I would like to see how many times he can play at that level, and if he can stay away from drinking his career away.
Allen hasnt proven anything?

Sack totals: 9, 11, 7.5, 15.5. The guy has put pressure on the QB since day 1.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ yeah, off the field issues aside, Allen has been one of the best DEs in the league.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Allen hasnt proven anything?

Sack totals: 9, 11, 7.5, 15.5. The guy has put pressure on the QB since day 1.
No schit..... If Allen hasn't proven anything, then nobody has.
Allen hasn't had KGB on the opposite corner providing pass rush, and has drawn almost-constant double teams.
Yet missing the first 2 games last year, he still led the NFL in sacks.

He's almost an Aaron Kampman clone. What more could you want? Two Kampmans!
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Six-time Vikings Pro Bowl center Matt Birk, who is in the final year of his Vikings contract and without an extension, was spotted in Green Bay, Wis., this weekend.
Hmm....? http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci...nclick_check=1

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That's wierd

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well here is to hoping cause Birk would be a huge pick up for us. the guy is a stud, even though he is old
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Link doesn't work for me. Anyway he's not a free agent which means the Vikings would have to trade him which they would never trade him to us. We have Scott Wells anyway.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Allen is a very good player but IMO I'd rather have Lito if TT were gonna do either of those deals. I'd rather put that money into a new deal for Kampman, a similar player who is a model citzen off the field.

In terms of scotts mock, I'm really not in love with it. He has the Giants taking Phillips right after us, I'd rather have Phillips even though it's not a pressing need then Cason.

The closer we get to draft day I really think that TT might trade out of the 1st round. I think there will be some teams that wanna trade back in for one of the QB's like Brohm or Flacco. TT could get a 2nd and 4th to trade down I think he might do that, and if that happens then I would give a 2nd to Miami for Jason Taylor.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I've explained this before, but there's one big problem with trading for Lito Sheppard. We'd have 3 probowl level corners. Sounds great until you remember only 2 can start. As a former all pro he's not going to want to go to a place where he'd be stuck in the nickel role.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think I've explained this before, but there's one big problem with trading for Lito Sheppard. We'd have 3 probowl level corners. Sounds great until you remember only 2 can start. As a former all pro he's not going to want to go to a place where he'd be stuck in the nickel role.
Which is why it won't happen. It seems like there is more than one pro bowl corner on the market every single year so I'm completely against forcing a pick at that position this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

here is something from CNNSI:

If there is an ideal team for trading up Saturday in the first round of the NFL draft to grab an impact player, the Packers would be it. With one of the youngest teams in the league coming off a berth in the NFC Championship Game, the Packers have depth and few, if any, needs to fill. They certainly have some ammunition with eight overall picks in the seven-round draft, including six in the first 135 selections. And plenty of salary-cap space to take on the most daring of contracts.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
here is something from CNNSI:

If there is an ideal team for trading up Saturday in the first round of the NFL draft to grab an impact player, the Packers would be it. With one of the youngest teams in the league coming off a berth in the NFC Championship Game, the Packers have depth and few, if any, needs to fill. They certainly have some ammunition with eight overall picks in the seven-round draft, including six in the first 135 selections. And plenty of salary-cap space to take on the most daring of contracts.
if we do trade up i would hope that we acquire mike jenkins

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i would be ok with jenkins or DRC. either of those guys i would have no problem dealing for.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think its safe to say every packer fan would be happy with Mike Jenkins. I really wouldn't mind if we traded up for him, he is a perfect fit and I think he is really talented.

But I wouldn't want to give up anything more than a second rounder to go up and get him.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i like jenkins, but for me DRC is a wet dream, I think DRC might be one of the best players in the draft. but i could live with either of them
Old 04-22-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.wisn.com/sports/15954375/...mil&psp=sports

IDK how to feel about this, I mean I guess I could see TT trading up (Like CNNSI suggested) but I really don't feel in my gut that he will.

On the other hand I really don't think he would take Brohm at 30 but I didn't think he would take a DT last year. This is probably just a smoke screen to drum up interest to teams who wanna QB and wanna trade back into the first round but most of the time teams can see through that and wait around for their guy. In this case I feel like teams would worry that if Brohm is there at 30 the pack might take him with no sure thing at QB even though Aaron played well when given the chance last year.

Now that he has built this roster back up, I don't think we are gonna see 10 or 11 draft picks. With that 2nd second round pick maybe that opens things up at 30, to take a Brohm even though it's not a "need".

There are no pressing needs that need to get filled for this team to win alot of games next season. I wonldn't exactly jump with joy if Brohm was the pick but at the same time, some have him rated above Matt Ryan (sporting news) so maybe he would would be a good value at 30.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was not at all impressed with Cousins his junior year. I am not at UTEP anymore, so I didn't see him this year. But my trainer from back in EP(who I must say has been spot on with most of his evaluations) thinks he will be a steal in the late 2nd round.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I was not at all impressed with Cousins his junior year. I am not at UTEP anymore, so I didn't see him this year. But my trainer from back in EP(who I must say has been spot on with most of his evaluations) thinks he will be a steal in the late 2nd round.
I thought that Cousins looked really good at the senior bowl and would be happy if we drafted him
Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time believing that Cousins can play tackle at 6'3.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I have a hard time believing that Cousins can play tackle at 6'3.
Mark Tauscher does it pretty well.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Thank you for that. we shouldve asked you when we saw him being given to us in mocks.

portland st doing the run n shoot right?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote