Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
here is something from CNNSI:

If there is an ideal team for trading up Saturday in the first round of the NFL draft to grab an impact player, the Packers would be it. With one of the youngest teams in the league coming off a berth in the NFC Championship Game, the Packers have depth and few, if any, needs to fill. They certainly have some ammunition with eight overall picks in the seven-round draft, including six in the first 135 selections. And plenty of salary-cap space to take on the most daring of contracts.
Funny how we go from having holes all over the place, to having almost none...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That is funny....... we had no running game heading into November.... now we have no holes?

While partly true, it is true enough that it allows Ted Thompson the luxury of drafting the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER on his board.
29 players are picked and then we're up. There might be a guy still available that Ted has ranked #9 overall, and whatever the position is, Ted can grab the talent, and it will pay off sooner, or later. As long as Ted's evaluation was correct.

And he's proven to be one of the best evaluators of collegiate talent out there.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

all you need to remember is "in ted we trust"
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Vikings win JARED ALLEN sweepstakes.
Now we have to contend with him and the 2 Williams at DT.....
Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

what did they give up?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

A first round and two third rounders.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

dang that means KC now has a ton of picks. good for them, should be interesting to see what they do
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Not as funny as how old-ass-washed-up Brett Favre went from being what was holding this team back from "developing" for the future to being the lost piece to a Super Bowl birth this season.

Quote:
Vikings win JARED ALLEN sweepstakes.
Now we have to contend with him and the 2 Williams at DT.....
I'm not too worried about Allen vs the Packers necessarily, Allen sure didn't help too much from GB dropping 33 on KC last season ( granted with Brett) GBs tackles will do just fine against Allen... I am worried about him helping them out in the rest of their games though. Then, I remember they still have Jackson.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Yeah but I'm not worried at all about KC.
We played them last year.

We play Minnesota this year twice, including Rodgers opening game.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm not too worried about Allen vs the Packers necessarily, Allen sure didn't help too much from GB dropping 33 on KC last season ( granted with Brett) GBs tackles will do just fine against Allen... I am worried about him helping them out in the rest of their games though. Then, I remember they still have Jackson.
It's not just Allen. It's that now it's Allen, and Kevin Williams, and Pat Williams. In Kansas City it was only Allen we had to worry about and were able to handle him rather easily. When you have him and two massive DTs it's going to be a lot harder of a task. Last year we were able to have success running the ball against them by avoiding the DTs and taking it to the outside where they had crappy DEs. Allen is good against the run which will shut that down, then they can shift a LB to the other side and shut down the edges as well. It's going to be damn near impossible to run on them this year. I think even with Rodgers we'll be able to exploit their pass defense. I'm not worried about Allen as much there since our line and particularly our tackles are great pass protectors.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Allen play on Cliftons or Tauschers side I do not remember.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Does Allen play on Cliftons or Tauschers side I do not remember.
Clifton. Either way I don't think it matters much though. Both are great at going one on one with pass rushers. Tauscher shut down Kearny in the playoffs.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well not gonna lie this makes me a little nervous. I always said the Vikings contending for the NFCN wasn't as big of an issue for us as others made it out to be. My reasoning was they had no pass rush and a poor secondary. Now my logic is only half true.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think KC got the better end of the bargain, I think now KC could draft Vernon Gohlston to replace Allen with the fifth pick, and still pick up their OT that they need with the 17th. I am not to worried about Allen on the Vikings, as people have said before the DTackles are the ones to be worried about, and with Aaron Rodgers mobility, I think the packers will be fine against the pass rush. My question is, do the Vikings think they are going to be Super Bowl contenders, because they gave up high draft picks, that could have helped build their team. They must have a ton of faith in Tavaris Jackson. Well hopefully it doesnt work out for them.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
My question is, do the Vikings think they are going to be Super Bowl contenders, because they gave up high draft picks, that could have helped build their team. They must have a ton of faith in Tavaris Jackson. Well hopefully it doesnt work out for them.
I m really quite worried about the Vikes now but as you say all the pressure is on Jackson to perform. If he does they could easily win the division. That being said if Rodgers plays well then we should win. It'll be a great test of character for him to play the Vikes in the first game.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Well not gonna lie this makes me a little nervous. I always said the Vikings contending for the NFCN wasn't as big of an issue for us as others made it out to be. My reasoning was they had no pass rush and a poor secondary. Now my logic is only half true.
Hate to post in here because I am a Vikings fan and this is a Packers board but I disagree with your last point. I really believe that the reason we have been so poor at stopping the pass is that we rarely if ever pressure the QB. That allows plenty of time for WR's to get open and regardless of how good your secondary is no secondary can cover forever.

I think a lot of the poor play in the secondary also had to do with the fact that we had two slow S's waiting deep. Sharper is all about making plays and taking risks and now that we have Madieu Williams back there I think we will benifit from having a much faster S then Smith and one who can allow Sharper to do what he does best.

I don't think our corners have ever really been a problem. They were solid last year and with the youth of most of them they are sure to get better.

I also think we suffered with our pass stopping stats because our run stop was so good and teams were much more inclined to pass. I really do think the addition of Allen will make our defense downright scary. He provides the pass rush we so despretly need and is a damn good run stopper.

Really everything is going to hinge on our QB play. Jackson could very well suck again or he could live up to the flashes of good QB play I saw from him last year and become a very solid QB. If Jackson plays like crap I still think our defense if great enough to give you a run for your money but if he starts to learn how to manage a game and not lose us anything this will be a damn fun division to watch. Either way I think the addition of Allen should worry Packer fans everywhere. I think right now it is a two horse race for the division and if Rodgers can step in a play well right away it will be a lot of fun to watch.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate to say it ladies and gentlemen but The Queens have a team.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay on paper the Vikings have a pretty good team, whether that translates to the field, we wont know till the season starts. So lets not make assumptions already.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Okay on paper the Vikings have a pretty good team, whether that translates to the field, we wont know till the season starts. So lets not make assumptions already.
The thing is, Jared Allen HAS translated that onto the field. He led the NFL in sacks last season missing 2 games.
It's totally different than drafting a rookie DL guy and guessing how it will translate into the NFL. Like Justin Harrell, or Jarvis Moss, or Erasmus James, or David Pollack...... all they traded was a mediocre 1st rounder (we took Harrell #16, they traded the #17 pick), and two picks in the 90 range. I'd say that's pretty fair considering what they are getting. Plus Allen is not old. He's in his prime........

This is their Reggie White, but they don't have Favre thank God.

They do have Sidney Rice and added speed in Bernard Berrian..... they have Adrian Peterson and a great OL..... now they have a pass rush plus the great DTs...... they pose a serious risk to us week one for sure.
Dangit.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we're in the same boat with Rodgers though. Great trade by the queens getting a proven all-pro. Their D could be really, really good but the keys to a championship are still great line play on both sides and good QB play and neither the queens or us for that matter have that as a guarantee at QB. Like said before, we wont know til the season starts, that's what makes the NFL so great.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first game of the season on MNF is going to be so awesome

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its all hype. Allen is great but without a push from the middle of thier d-line, Rodgers can step up and throw the ball. They still need someone in the middle. Btw, KC had another threat on that d-line, their LE. And we also faced the Giants in the playoffs were we shutdown both Osi and Strahan.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

We have 2 good OT's in Clifton and Tauscher, and we have 2 good CB's in Woodson and Harris.

But all are past their prime and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Do we have their replacements now on the roster?
Will Blackmon or Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush? Maybes.......
Allen Barbre or Daryn Colledge? Maybes........

I really wonder what Ted & Mike think about our backups at those positions.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I think its all hype. Allen is great but without a push from the middle of thier d-line, Rodgers can step up and throw the ball. They still need someone in the middle.
Erm the Vikes have two of the best DTs in the league. Even if they don't rack up sacks, they will take up blockers and give Allen space. It's undoubtedly a good move for them and it will make our task of winning the division a lot harder than last year. Atm I would expect both us and the Vikings to make the playoffs.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Yeah, we seem to have a few naive, Packer fans here who are in denial as to how good Jared Allen is, and how good Kevin and Pat Williams are at DT.

That's the best D-Line in football now, no matter who the other DE is.

Luckily for us, they still have Tarvarris Jackson at QB.