Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Yeah, we seem to have a few naive, Packer fans here who are in denial as to how good Jared Allen is, and how good Kevin and Pat Williams are at DT.

That's the best D-Line in football now, no matter who the other DE is.

Luckily for us, they still have Tarvarris Jackson at QB.
Yeah, I just came into realization of how good that defensive line will be if everything works out. Holy ****.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we really are going to have to watch out for the Vikes this year unfortunately. IMO their weak spot last year was getting pressure on the QB to help out their secondary and this move significantly improves that. They still have very little at WR at this point, but I think they have to be looked at as a contender this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I know Allen is a player, I mean he was suspended for the first 2 games of the season, and still had 15+ sacks. Yes, on paper, the vikings have a great d-line, but their secondary is still pretty shaky and the linebackers are average. As far as the offense goes, AP of course it great but Tavaris jackson is awful and was really bad last year. He would have to make huge leaps and bounds to worry me this season. At WR Berrian is way overrated, I watched him have a awful season last year, and not to mention all he does is run vertical routes.

Overall, the vikings got better, no question about it, but many questions are still present, mainly at QB and WR.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I know Allen is a player, I mean he was suspended for the first 2 games of the season, and still had 15+ sacks. Yes, on paper, the vikings have a great d-line, but their secondary is still pretty shaky and the linebackers are average. As far as the offense goes, AP of course it great but Tavaris jackson is awful and was really bad last year. He would have to make huge leaps and bounds to worry me this season. At WR Berrian is way overrated, I watched him have a awful season last year, and not to mention all he does is run vertical routes.

Overall, the vikings got better, no question about it, but many questions are still present, mainly at QB and WR.
Part of the Vikings problems in the secondary came from a non-existent pass rush and Allen brings that. Madieu Williams, although he may not be a Pro Bowl caliber player, brings speed to the safety position which Sharper and Dwight Smith did not provide last year. I think you're also underrating their LBs. EJ Henderson has really emerged as a solid middle linebacker and continues to improve year in and year out. Chad Greenway was pretty much in his rookie season last year and he is going to improve as well. Ben Leber is not spectacular but he gets the job done and with an improved defensive line it'll help the LBs as well. The defense of Minnesota will be very tough to go against and like you mentioned there are questions remaining on the offensive side of the ball for them.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Free agent Daunte Culpepper is visiting with the Packers on Wednesday.
He's being looked at as a backup for Aaron Rodgers. Culpepper might not be guaranteed the No. 2 job, as Green Bay seems likely to draft a signal caller.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80423104/1058

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Part of the Vikings problems in the secondary came from a non-existent pass rush and Allen brings that. Madieu Williams, although he may not be a Pro Bowl caliber player, brings speed to the safety position which Sharper and Dwight Smith did not provide last year. I think you're also underrating their LBs. EJ Henderson has really emerged as a solid middle linebacker and continues to improve year in and year out. Chad Greenway was pretty much in his rookie season last year and he is going to improve as well. Ben Leber is not spectacular but he gets the job done and with an improved defensive line it'll help the LBs as well. The defense of Minnesota will be very tough to go against and like you mentioned there are questions remaining on the offensive side of the ball for them.
Well-said, correctly analyzed.
It sounds like a helluva tough game for Aaron Rodgers' first game ever!
Taking over for Favre.... first game, primetime TV, vs the rival Vikings..... who have a great defense with Sharper lurking back there waiting to pick off any pass he can.

This game will be like last year's opener against Philly, in which our offense was HORRIBLE minus Jennings, but our defense and special teams saved us.

Luckily Jackson isn't as good as McNabb was, but that was McNabb's first game back from the ACL so that was a break....
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
He's being looked at as a backup for Aaron Rodgers. Culpepper might not be guaranteed the No. 2 job, as Green Bay seems likely to draft a signal caller.

I would like him as a back-up for one season, he is not a good full time starter in NFL anymore but he has shown that he can be a good QB for one or two games.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post

No no no no no no no a thousand times over NO.

I will be furious if this happens, ******* furious.

Just imagine...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-23-2008 at 05:21 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No no no no no no no a thousand times over NO.

I will be furious if this happens, ******* furious.

Just imagine...
Agreed, I don't want Culpepper at all. I couldn't stand him as a Viking.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know why the Packers don't just resign Craig Nall??

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Does anyone know why the Packers don't just resign Craig Nall??
Because he's terrible...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

I hated Culpepper from the get go and know he's a cancer. He's also overrated. But now people have him figured out......

By the way, I don't like Dallas getting the premium talented Pac Man. Thugs have thrived for them before, to our expense.
See 1993-1995.

Jones was scheduled for a base salary of $1.74 million in 2008 and had been under contract through 2009 before his suspension.

He was the first defensive player drafted in 2005, sixth overall out of West Virginia, and easily was Tennessee's best defender in 2005 and '06. His four career interceptions came in 2006 as he helped the Titans to an 8-8 record. He also led the NFL in punt-return average in 2006 with 12.9 yards per return and three touchdowns.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Time to get over the Daunte hate fellas.

Time to get BOUT IT BOUT IT

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Anyone know which season and episode of south park episode has Favre in it? I think it's relatively old.

they get smoked.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Agreed, I don't want Culpepper at all. I couldn't stand him as a Viking.
Who the hell cares what happened when he was a member of another team? We all know that TT can scout college talent and sign FA's that will help this team, If Culpepper can still play, TT will bring him in. So if he gets signed I put more stock into that then if some other crap team signs him.

If TT feels he can play, he's gonna provide solid insurance if Aaron gets overwhelmed or gets hurt. I would feel better with Culpepper behind center rather than Nall. I don't think he get's signed if he does at all, until after the draft.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

some food for thought per Rotoworld:

Some believe" that Chad Pennington could still be traded on draft day if the Jets draft Matt Ryan, according to the NY Daily News.

Considering their offseason spending spree, the Jets appear to be looking to win now, so drafting Ryan is seemingly unlikely. But a team like the Packers could be interested in Pennington if he somehow becomes available.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...2=stateChanged

Rates each teams first round draft choices from 2000-2007. Interesting what they say about Barnett.

"He has been one of the most outstanding, consistent, productive defenders in the league over his tenure in the NFL. Given his great durability, he may even be a future Hall of Famer".

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Barnett a hall of famer??? well he needs to get to the Pro Bowl more often before we can talk about that. but otherwise i like what they said
Old 04-24-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
Barnett a hall of famer??? well he needs to get to the Pro Bowl more often before we can talk about that. but otherwise i like what they said
He could easily have been to two or three probowls already. He definitely should have gone this year and there have been past years where he'd be a good option. He just doesn't get all the hype that Lofa Tatupu gets eventhough he's had a higher level of play over a longer period of time.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brett Favre is the madden cover boy.

I hope this doesnt result in some kind of a curse for the team!
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He could easily have been to two or three probowls already. He definitely should have gone this year and there have been past years where he'd be a good option. He just doesn't get all the hype that Lofa Tatupu gets eventhough he's had a higher level of play over a longer period of time.
i completely agree, i think barnett is one of the most under-rated LB's in the NFL
Old 04-24-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Barnett HOF?? Yeah right. I love the guy, and he's a very good player, but no way he'll ever be a HOF MIKE.

Also, where does it say Favre is the madded cover man?

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-24-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Barnett HOF?? Yeah right. I love the guy, and he's a very good player, but no way he'll ever be a HOF MIKE.

Also, where does it say Favre is the madded cover man?
Favre is on Letterman tonight. The news got out after he taped it.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

How?
Quote:
Schedule: The Late Show tapes one show per night Monday through Wednesday at 5:30pm and two shows on Thursday at 4:30 and 7pm.
http://nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=376

they get smoked.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
IDK then to be honest. But there are links:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ds/index.shtml

http://www.pastapadre.com/

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/ne...-nfl-09/?biz=1