Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Favre had Ty Detmer and Mark Brunell as his back-ups. Now, they didn't see the field, but no one knew back then that Favre was going to start 250 games in a row. I'd rathe rhave a young, talented back-up come in than some mediocre has-been QB with no future and just hoping to make it through another season. Pretty much that describes all the other QBs in the NFC North... ;D
Old 05-02-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Good point, you mean UNLIKE Joe Flacco, who was beaten out by the stiff Tyler Palko at Pitt? Now he fooled the Ravens into thinking he's a big time NFL QB......

What's not to like about Flynn as a #3? Nothing really, except we need a guy to go in when Rodgers gets hurt, that HAS SOME NFL EXPERIENCE, unless you want our season to go down the drain like what happens to all those other teams when their starting QB goes down.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question
I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.
What the ****? Who is Greg Jennings?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember theres a reason these guys fell. Though we thought they would go higher NFL teams must have flagged the guys you mentioned for some reason.
And when it comes to the 7th round your picking players that you think would be hard to sign after the draft (obviously Swain would want to sign on a team where he had a chance to make the 53 man roster). TT obviously knew he wouldnt come here (no chance) but liked his potential enough to give him a shot and maybe stick on the practice squad.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are making way to much out of our 7th round. If any 7th rounder makes the team it's a good to great pick.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Condrew Allen, a buddy of mine and one of our corners, is getting a tryout with GB.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rookie orientation camp pics

Brohm and Flynn- Can you say HOF

Jordy Nelson
- Can you say HOF

Justin Beaver
- Can you say HOF

Brett Swain- We needed another dude named Brett

Ken DeBauche- Crazy *** punter

Jermichael Finley- Can you say HOF

Patrick Lee- Can you say HOF

Ted Thompson- Our new QB!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken DeBauche with the solid tackle. haha

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ken DeBauche with the solid tackle. haha
He's a strong kid; he'd probably kick Ryan's ass in a street fight

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I don't know. That run Ryan made makes him god-like!
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He's a strong kid; he'd probably kick Ryan's ass in a street fight
If he could catch him. There'd be some ziggig, some zagging, some cutting back and four yards layer Ken would be sucking wind trying to catch Ryan the elusive.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent they shown Jon Ryan's pipes during a couple games. Im pretty sure they have and it was him. They were wowed that a sissy NFL punter was ripped.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why do most white receivers get compared to Wes Welker?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80503040/1058

On another note, I think Swain has a slight chance to make the team but I still dont know.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy1717 View Post
Why do most white receivers get compared to Wes Welker?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80503040/1058

On another note, I think Swain has a slight chance to make the team but I still dont know.
Yeah thats kind of annoying, but he did say he looked up to him.

Just like how fast black QB's are all run first guys. Josh Johnson isnt a run first QB, but they like to make it seem that way

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah thats kind of annoying, but he did say he looked up to him.

Just like how fast black QB's are all run first guys. Josh Johnson isnt a run first QB, but they like to make it seem that way
Just asking so I don't get suspended, but are we allowed to use the words?
Black and White?

Any veterans here care to enlighten me on the rules here about that?

By the way, why is Brohm #11 and Flynn #10?
Did we retire Lynn Dickey's number 12 or has Rodgers switched to it?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Rodgers is #12. He has had that number since he was drafted.

Goal Line Blitz
Old 05-04-2008, 05:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Just asking so I don't get suspended, but are we allowed to use the words?
Black and White?

Any veterans here care to enlighten me on the rules here about that?

By the way, why is Brohm #11 and Flynn #10?
Did we retire Lynn Dickey's number 12 or has Rodgers switched to it?
Don't say blatantly racist **** and you'll be fine. Using black or white as a descriptor isn't against the rules.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Rodgers is #12. He has had that number since he was drafted.
I followed Rodgers career at Cal, and Brohm at Louisville for 3 years, and it sucks that neither will be wearing the same # that they had so much success with in college.

AROD was #8
BROHM was #12
Old 05-04-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
I followed Rodgers career at Cal, and Brohm at Louisville for 3 years, and it sucks that neither will be wearing the same # that they had so much success with in college.

AROD was #8
BROHM was #12
Oh no, they're both doomed now!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

I sounds like Justin Beaver is going to make the team.

Goal Line Blitz
Old 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I sounds like Justin Beaver is going to make the team.
Atleast wait untill we get to training camp before you start making predictions.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

think he might have meant he's gonna get signed after the rookie workout he had.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
think he might have meant he's gonna get signed after the rookie workout he had.
Exactly. Didn't say it right. My mistake.

Goal Line Blitz