Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has the Packers ranked as the #2 losers in the draft... I find that rather amusing.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Scott has the Packers ranked as the #2 losers in the draft... I find that rather amusing.
I'm pretty sure he had us as losers when he did the same thing last year and it turned out pretty well.

I thought the Packers had a great draft, adressing their needs, and making picks with good value but as has already been pointed out Scott's a Viking's fan.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right general question I've seen being asked in other team forums, so let's have the discussion here as well.

What is now the greatest need for the Packers?

I think its a tough one. Amongst the starters its probably OG and S but I think that some guys are likely to step up in those positions and I don't think we're starting anyone who definitely isn't NFL-quality. My one gripe about the roster at the moment is the lack of a solid backup tackle - I would have really liked to draft one early. I'm just not sold on any of the guys we've got, despite their potential. Still that is a very minor concern.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Right general question I've seen being asked in other team forums, so let's have the discussion here as well.

I think its a tough one. Amongst the starters its probably OG and S but I think that some guys are likely to step up in those positions and I don't think we're starting anyone who definitely isn't NFL-quality. My one gripe about the roster at the moment is the lack of a solid backup tackle - I would have really liked to draft one early. I'm just not sold on any of the guys we've got, despite their potential. Still that is a very minor concern.
Right now I think our biggest need is a proven safety. We have two young safety's who are prone to making mistakes and breaking coverage, and IMO it's holding back our defense from being great. The reality is that it's a very tough position to address because there aren't alot of great safety's in the league and when a team does find one they usually hold on to him for an extended period of time. Even when drafting a safety, it's rare that a guy comes in and is a great player.

Our safeties are still improving though and all hope is not lost at the position.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

I think that management needs to determine who is the long term solution at LT. Is it Daryn Colledge? Do we need to draft someone? After that I think we can look at CB again too because Patrick Lee, even though he hasn't stepped on the field, is the only conceivable choice as a starting CB in the future. Woodson will play a few more years than Harris but after them at Lee there is really nothing.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think its our secondary. Bigby took big strides in the playoffs last year. He looked great but im still not sure on Collins. I am going to hold off my judgement of the CB position as a need. I like Blackmon and he could develop this year but we will have to see.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McCarthy said there was four players that he had in mind to sign from the tryouts. The first one is in: Fred Bledsoe, DT, Arkansas.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love seeing the guys that come in for try-outs. It seems they have as good a chance making the squad for the Pack as they do anywhere else in the league, because Ted just doesn't care about name recognition and to a lesser degree, he doesn't care about your "measurables" or stats. He just wants to see if you can play, how hard you play and if you listen to coaches. Good for Fred Bledsoe!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I've heard he's really athletic (can jump a VW beatle) but cocky and kind of stupid. Is he Nick Collins part II?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=746711

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 05-05-2008 at 11:32 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I've heard he's really athletic (can jump a VW beatle) but cocky and kind of stupid. Is he Nick Collins part II?
Like I put in my draft review, I think Patrick Lee will trun out to be alot like the Brandon Jackson pick last year; a player physically that matches what we need at a position of need, but doesn't have a track record of success and will turn out to be our second or third best option, in Lee's case a nickel back.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I find this quite funny that not even two weeks after the draft that people are declaring winners and losers. We didn't exactly take all of the popular picks last year but they all worked out well for us just like they have in past with TT.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

No I don't think he's stupid at all. He may not have aced the Wonderlic test, but hearing him interviewed, you can tell he's no dummy. He's very articulate, and Ted doesn't draft those guys anyway......

I would agree our biggest weaknesses are backup CB, and backup RB. I think our running game SUCKED last year until we turned it over to Ryan Grant. Some of you say BJ looked better late last year than early last year. That's true because he ran blind the first half of the year. But he's not that good. That's all I can say..... I wanted to like him and have faith in him, but the difference between him and Grant is like between a collegiate decent RB and an NFL Pro Bowler.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I'm not sure where you got the "kind of stupid" from. Any particular source to that? He sounded intelligent in his interview.

Cocky, yeah, definitely, but a corner needs to be cocky.. especially in our scheme.

He did well in the SEC once he got a chance to start; a knee injury kept him from getting into that role before this season. I can sorta see the BJ comparison.. although I think Patrick Lee is definitely a much better athlete than BJ was and let's not write BJ off as a bust just yet. He could turn into what Davenport was to Green a few years back, ya never know.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge fan of Patrick Lee. I fully expect him to be a starter for us once Al is done.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm not sure where you got the "kind of stupid" from. Any particular source to that? He sounded intelligent in his interview.
http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/...derlic-scores/

10 on the wonderlic, bested (worsted) only by Manningham's 6 of those listed.

Also for the record I haven't made up my mind about him yet. Just wanted opinions.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
No I don't think he's stupid at all. He may not have aced the Wonderlic test, but hearing him interviewed, you can tell he's no dummy. He's very articulate, and Ted doesn't draft those guys anyway......
Ted Thompson is less articulate than 75 % of his players, so he takes this characteristic very seriously.

For the record, I love Ted Thompson.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he seems like a good kid, and so what if he's cocky? I'd rather have a corner who's cocky than one thats neurotic and insecure

Last edited by the dude : 05-05-2008 at 06:47 PM.
the dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Packers had a good draft but for sure not the best draft
i think out biggest need is Free Safety, lets see how Nick plays
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lee was a great pickup and easily our best pick in the draft, his intelligence doesn't really bother me too much.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the guy that will have the most impact coming out of this draft in about 3-4 years is definitely Jeremy Thompson. The scouts talk very high of his potential of just going after the quarterback. I'm starting to become less and less of a fan of KGB and I think once hes gone, Thompson could make tremendous strides in this scheme.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion our biggest need is probably the safety slot like everyone is saying. I really like Tierre Green though and how high expectations from him if he continues to the minicamps and makes the team. My instinct tells me something good will come from this kid. I liked how Bigby played for the most part when he came in. He plays with such intensity, which is great at times, but he can eaily be fooled by the quarterbacks eyes. I just would like for someone on our team to consistently cover tight ends. We were killed by them last year. The Redskins game shouldnt have even been close if we could just stop Cooley.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
In my opinion our biggest need is probably the safety slot like everyone is saying. I really like Tierre Green though and how high expectations from him if he continues to the minicamps and makes the team. My instinct tells me something good will come from this kid. I liked how Bigby played for the most part when he came in. He plays with such intensity, which is great at times, but he can eaily be fooled by the quarterbacks eyes. I just would like for someone on our team to consistently cover tight ends. We were killed by them last year. The Redskins game shouldnt have even been close if we could just stop Cooley.
Green isnt even on the team yet. He was just brought in as a rookie tryout, not an UDFA. I havent heard anything on how well anyone did or anything, but the only official signing of the rookie camp tryouts so far is Fred Bledsoe.

Also, Beaver wont be signed. Dont waste your time with the article, has nothing in it, but just want to post the factual link.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...on-beaver.aspx
Old 05-05-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Packers had a good draft but for sure not the best draft
i think out biggest need is Free Safety, lets see how Nick plays
I have a feeling that Collins will lose his spot to Rouse. In the few games he started, Rouse made more plays than Collins did all year. 2 picks in two starts, the kid was everywhere. His instincts are up there with Woodson's, IMO. It will clearly be a battle during camp.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Alot of big name free agents in 2010 for the Packers

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR *
Chad Clifton OT *
Ryan Pickett DT *
Aaron Kampman DE *
Nick Collins FS*
Johnny Jolly DT *
Daryn Colledge OG **
Junius Coston OG **
Jason Spitz OG **
Brady Poppinga LB **
Abdul Hodge LB
Tracy White LB
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE
Will Blackmon CB

Alot of money will be throw from the offseason to the start of next season

Last edited by The Legend : 05-05-2008 at 11:18 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Alot of big name free agents in 2010 for the Packers

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR *
Chad Clifton OT *
Ryan Pickett DT *
Aaron Kampman DE *
Nick Collins FS*
Johnny Jolly DT *
Daryn Colledge OG **
Junius Coston OG **
Jason Spitz OG **
Brady Poppinga LB **
Abdul Hodge LB
Tracy White LB
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE
Will Blackmon CB

Alot of money will be throw from the offseason to the start of next season
Is that all UFA? or are some of them RFA?
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote