Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer_Backer View Post
Is that all UFA? or are some of them RFA?
They will all be UFA.... Thats a longs ways away and you can guarantee that young superstars like Jennings will be seeing alot of money thrown his way if he produces before he gets close to hitting the market . Guys like Clifton will in all likely hood knowing TT will be let go in favor of younger players.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good thing we'll have a lot a cap room because it is going to be expensive off season next year.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Unlike the Sherman Tank, Teddy has done a great job leaving plenty of cap space. Hopefully the Labor Agreement doesn't end the salary cap though.....

Here's an interesting click back in time a few years, for any Brian Brohm fans.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.11.html
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I doubt we'll have a problem resigning the players we want, TT has done a good job of that so far.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think that Clifton or KGB will be back but thats almost obvious in the TT era. I really want both the DTs back but thats gonna depend on Harrell's developement I guess.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Alot of big name free agents in 2010 for the Packers

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR * 26
Chad Clifton OT * 33
Ryan Pickett DT * 30
Aaron Kampman DE * 30
Nick Collins FS* 26
Johnny Jolly DT * 27
Daryn Colledge OG ** 28
Junius Coston OG ** 26
Jason Spitz OG ** 27
Brady Poppinga LB ** 30
Abdul Hodge LB 27
Tracy White LB 29
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE 32
Will Blackmon CB 25

Alot of money will be throw from the offseason to the start of next season
I added in ages that they will be in 2010
Age (according to Packers.com) + 2

Jennings, Kampman, Pickett, Colledge, Spitz, Jolly all have very good chances of staying past the contract. Pickett's still pretty young and we love stacking the DL. Same with Kampman.

I think we keep 3 out of Harrell, Pickett, Jolly, Cole. I guess that translates to 2 out of Pickett, Jolly, Cole.

Blackmon, Collins, Coston have to develop to remain on the roster.

The rest are probably too old or just backup players that will probably float to another team. We'll opt for young special teamers over old ones.

Didn't realize how old Poppinga was and young Blackmon was. Makes me optimistic for Blackmon.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 05-06-2008 at 08:10 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt realize Poppinga was 30, thats a real eye opener. Im 50/50 on whether or not Collins will be back. Hes gonna be looking for a decent contract if he produces and with our staff optimistic that Rouse will turn out, I dont see TT forking up the money for such average production when we already have a guy capable of it on our squad.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Unlike the Sherman Tank, Teddy has done a great job leaving plenty of cap space. Hopefully the Labor Agreement doesn't end the salary cap though.....

Here's an interesting click back in time a few years, for any Brian Brohm fans.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.11.html
The fact that Alan Branch was in there humored me a bit, I never thought he was any good.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I didnt realize Poppinga was 30, thats a real eye opener. Im 50/50 on whether or not Collins will be back. Hes gonna be looking for a decent contract if he produces and with our staff optimistic that Rouse will turn out, I dont see TT forking up the money for such average production when we already have a guy capable of it on our squad.
Will be 30, those are 2010 ages

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poppinga was old coming into the league, he was 25 I believe. Its because he had to go on a mission trip because of his religious beliefs. Patrick Lee is also an old rookie, he is 24.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone, the packers signed your boy Condrew Allen from Portland state.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Frank Okam should have left last year i think someone would have reach for him
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

JOHNNY JOLLY

How good can this guy be?
I love the big fella because of his high energy.

He reminds me of a John Randle/Warren Sapp type of guy.

I hope he stays healthy and starts dominating.....
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
JOHNNY JOLLY

How good can this guy be?
I love the big fella because of his high energy.

He reminds me of a John Randle/Warren Sapp type of guy.

I hope he stays healthy and starts dominating.....
Jolly played extremely well when he was healthy last year and if he shows that promise in camp again then I find it hard to believe that anyone can beat him out

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Article on Brett Swain and the 'Wes Welker' comparison.
http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.co.../80503040/1989

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Article on Brett Swain and the 'Wes Welker' comparison.
http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.co.../80503040/1989

Sorry if it's already been posted.
He's actually Ricky Proehl Part II, not Wes Welker. Proehl had a heckuva long career.
But Swain faces super duper long odds on our team......

Quote:
“They’re going to like him, especially working out of the slot,” said San Diego State coach Chuck Long, a former NFL quarterback for the Detroit Lions and Los Angeles Rams. “There are guys out there that are very fast but don’t know a lot about running routes. Brett separates himself by knowing the art of route running.”

Swain’s receivers coach in college, LeCharles McDaniel, likened Swain to a player he coached for one season with the Arizona Cardinals, Ricky Proehl. Proehl (6-0, 190), a third-round draft pick in 1990 who played a remarkable 17 seasons in the NFL, was built similarly to Swain and ran the 40 in 4.49 seconds.

“He really reminds me of Ricky a lot,” McDaniel said. “He has good feet, can create with his feet, not a 4.3 guy but he runs 4.4.”
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the heck do you guys get your tickets from usually? I've been looking for tickets to the Vikings game everywhere and can't find anything remotely cheap. Any ideas?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Where the heck do you guys get your tickets from usually? I've been looking for tickets to the Vikings game everywhere and can't find anything remotely cheap. Any ideas?
i get my tickets from ebay
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Swain: Like Wes Welker only 3 inches taller, worse at playing football and faster in the 40. Really, do we need to compare white guys to other white guys for the **** of it? I bet Jordy has some Wes in him as well.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
i get my tickets from ebay
They're like a thousand Dollars for two tickets on there. I can't swing that right now.

they get smoked.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

have you tried selling your body???? i hear fat woman pay rather well.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Fat women don't need to pay me for sex, they just wait until I'm drunk. It only takes me one drink to get drunk too. Trouble is, I can never remember if it's the 14th or 15th.

they get smoked.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

eBay is a sellers market for tickets....sell there, don't buy there.

Good call on the caucasion-comps at WR, but I hear Swain is similar to Ricky Proehl, not Wes Welker.

And "they" compare Jordy Nelson to a faster version of Dwight Clark.
DC is a little before most y'all's time, but he and Joe Montana were a formidable combo back in the early 80's.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I really want to get my hands on a pair of tickets to that Monday Night opener as well.

Im really excited about our recivers this year.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way you'll get tickets unless you're willing to fork over a fourtune. 1. It's the season opener. 2. It's a Monday Night game. 3. It's against the Vikings. 4. It's Brett Favre's retirement ceremony.

It's hard to find tickets for any Packer game, but this one you might as well not even try.