Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I came across an interesting stat... Bernard Berrian's contract is larger than the Packers five WR's.
Tells you how stupid the GM that signed him is. Rather than have a competent scouting staff, they go give a mediocre WR crazy money. Dragging stiff after stiff in from the cold to make Tavaris Jackson look like more than the absolutely terrible pick that he is. I found it laughable that people were so high on JDB and implying that he'll be the starter this upcoming year that will lead the Vikes to playoffs.

We'll see how all our receivers hold up with not having Favre throwing to them, but I am pretty excited about carrying the six guys I hope we carry.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For the sake of not making a new thread, can a few Packers fans give me some insight on Koren Robinson? I'm wondering if he is a slot WR, or #3 at best, or if he has potenial to be a #2 guy on the outside, how are his hands, things like that...I watched him earlier in his career but I didn't get to see much of him at all last year after he was brought in, I'm not sure if he would be a good fit in Dallas or not, we really don't need another slot so if thats all Koren is Horn would probably be a better quick fix.
His hands are very good, his instincts are even better. Sadly, his knee is bone-on-bone arthritic and will require treatment all year long if he plays football. He isn't able to fully get into game shape due to the knee. He was an amazing return man when he was healthy and he had grown into a superior WR, and if he didn't have the knee problem, he'd still be a Packer.

He's a high character guy, with his fatal flaw being he's a recovering alcoholic. He is taking his antabuse and 12 stepping it, so his drinking is not the issue. It's his performance and that is directly tied to his health.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy1717 View Post
I wish I could go to a game. I live in California so it would be really hard for me to go anywhere to watch a Packers game. If they come to San Diego then I am for sure going but considering they faced them last year it will be a while before they play them again. Hopefully it is here next time.
Well I'm in the UK so I'm just waiting until its the Packers turn to play in London :D

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Well I'm in the UK so I'm just waiting until its the Packers turn to play in London :D
Let me know if you come across any tickets to Wimbledon !

Cheers mate, God Bless the Queen
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Let me know if you come across any tickets to Wimbledon !

Cheers mate, God Bless the Queen
Randomly my dad works at Wimbledon, so I get to go pretty much every year! :D

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know where to put this but I find it interesting. Do you guys believe it?

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/news...an25052400.asp

Ahman Green claimed he had a 4.18 40 time.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't know where to put this but I find it interesting. Do you guys believe it?

Yeah, so did I.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The time in the 4.3's is probably accurate.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

who do u guys think will be the starting strong side LB this year Brandon Chillar or Brady Poppinga? I like poppinga i think hes got a pritty good motor but he does struggle in the pass game.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this is Poppinga's breakout year, but its probably gonna be Chillar's job

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
who do u guys think will be the starting strong side LB this year Brandon Chillar or Brady Poppinga? I like poppinga i think hes got a pritty good motor but he does struggle in the pass game.
It'll be an interesting contest in camp, but I don't know if Poppinga's pass covering skills will be improved enough to get the nod

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, I don't find Chillar coverage skills much of an improvement. We still need to find a better option at the SAM.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I like Chillar for coverage and B-Pop for rushing. In the Giants game, Brady was hitting the gaps and molesting NY O-line. When he is back-pedaling, NOT the guy you want doing that. Chillar OK as rusher, as well, but this scheme doesn't rush the backers. A pity, as the top four LBs all have some talent getting after the QB if the scheme will open up to let them get to it.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
IMO, I don't find Chillar coverage skills much of an improvement. We still need to find a better option at the SAM.
To be honest, even though I have had the NFL Sunday Ticket for 13 years straight, I have to admit I have never watched/studied/focused on Brandon Chillar in his career with the Rams and in college.

Maybe you have up in Toronto?

I can't accurately comment on his coverage abilities other than heresay from other people. But I do know Poppinga is a bit below average as a cover LB. Not horrible anymore, but not quite up to par. But not for lack of effort, and he's improving.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

actually the thing i like about Chillar is that it lets Poppinga move back to DE like in collage
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Randomly my dad works at Wimbledon, so I get to go pretty much every year! :D
You lucky, bloody fella!
Wimbledon is one of the 3 shrines in the world.
Lambeau and Augusta National for the Masters are the other two.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think we could do a 43/34 hybrid now?
We've discussed this before, i know

Old 05-17-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Could we? Yes
Should we? No
Old 05-17-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

I doubt we could do it. We still would need a LE and someone in the middle to replace Barnett who wouldn't be able to get away from blockers once blocked. He would struggle like Vilma did.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I doubt we could do it. We still would need a LE and someone in the middle to replace Barnett who wouldn't be able to get away from blockers once blocked. He would struggle like Vilma did.
yeah thats what id be afraid of, he is fairly similar to him in size

Old 05-18-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
We have the horses to play the 3-4. Kampman-Harrell (or Pickett)-Jenkins up front (in addition to Hunter, KGB, JJ, Cole, MM and Muir) with Chillar-Hawk-Barnett-Poppinga as the LBs. Toss in Abdul Hodge and Desmond Bishop and there's the players to switch it up at the defense's discretion.

Were I the DC, I'd practice it in closed sessions and break it out initially in a situation where the opponent is having some success against the 4-3, switch it up to the 3-4 and see if you have more success against the opponent. After that, you could move to it situationally when you want to enhance coverage and still maintain a strong front seven.

I'm not sure it is compatible with the Bates 4-3, as there are some fundamental differences, like pressure from the LBs, but we have the players that could switch it up.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
We have the horses to play the 3-4. Kampman-Harrell (or Pickett)-Jenkins up front (in addition to Hunter, KGB, JJ, Cole, MM and Muir) with Chillar-Hawk-Barnett-Poppinga as the LBs. Toss in Abdul Hodge and Desmond Bishop and there's the players to switch it up at the defense's discretion.

Were I the DC, I'd practice it in closed sessions and break it out initially in a situation where the opponent is having some success against the 4-3, switch it up to the 3-4 and see if you have more success against the opponent. After that, you could move to it situationally when you want to enhance coverage and still maintain a strong front seven.

I'm not sure it is compatible with the Bates 4-3, as there are some fundamental differences, like pressure from the LBs, but we have the players that could switch it up.
Kampman would be a terrible 3-4 DE. He isn't big enough to hold off blockers.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Why fix something that isn't broken? If we're gonna change anything about our defence then I would like to see some more blitzing from the linebackers etc, I don't think our players fit the 3-4 very well.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

I'd like to see more variety from our coverage instead of the vanilla man-to-man all the time.
Plaxic/Eli torched us..... anytime Plax got the inside on Harris, Eli knew who would be where from the DB......

we need to throw some confusion at the Qbs
Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

It's official, St. Louis Rams to Mequon, WI for training camp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750468

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote