Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
It's official, St. Louis Rams to Mequon, WI for training camp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750468
Yeah, I saw that earlier this week. I might check that out one of the days if it's open to the public. Green Bay is too far to go for training camp, but Mequon is very close to me.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay so I have been reading some draft reviews, and they all have the vikings rated high, and it has something to do with Jared Allen. My question is how come none of the reviews on the packers have anything with Ryan Grant in them. I mean we used our 6th round pick on Grant...I dont know it just makes me mad because I hate the vikings more than any other team in the NFL.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Okay so I have been reading some draft reviews, and they all have the vikings rated high, and it has something to do with Jared Allen. My question is how come none of the reviews on the packers have anything with Ryan Grant in them. I mean we used our 6th round pick on Grant...I dont know it just makes me mad because I hate the vikings more than any other team in the NFL.
you make a great, and valid point.
i also hate the vikings the most..... because i lived there thru the whole 80's and 90's and saw the Viqueens beat the Packers all 5 times i went there in the dome, and even one time in green bay in 1998 on monday night when moss torched us!
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

did you guys hear Patick Lee changed his name to Pat Lee i wonder why? pat? sounds un-normal
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
did you guys hear Patick Lee changed his name to Pat Lee i wonder why? pat? sounds un-normal
I had seen it written as Pat lately but not that he chose to announce it or something...... I like Patrick better so I'll keep calling him Patrick.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The name Pat always makes me think of SNL

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Lee sounds alot better then Pat Lee I think. Anyways I dont really care about his name I just sure hope he is better then Carroll which shouldnt be to hard and that he turns out to be amazing and take over for Wood or Hair someday.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Patrick Lee sounds alot better then Pat Lee I think. Anyways I dont really care about his name I just sure hope he is better then Carroll which shouldnt be to hard and that he turns out to be amazing and take over for Wood or Hair someday.
Patrick Dendy was an improvement over Amahd Carroll :P I'm shooting for something along the lines of Starting Caliber Corner at some point :).
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Tom Pelissero column: Favre’s absence means fewer wins to Vegas

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...004/1058/PKR01
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OTA's started today. A couple injuries to report.

Justin Harrell(Back), Johnny Jolly(Shoulder), and Will Blackmon(Foot) have been ruled out for all OTA's but should be ready for training camp.

The first OTA open to the public is tomorrow so there should be a lot to talk about tomorrow.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those injuries are leftovers from last year correct?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Those injuries are leftovers from last year correct?
Harrell's back injury is new

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

so whats the word on Ryan Grant contract
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so whats the word on Ryan Grant contract
He is screwed and really has no leverage. We can make him play for minimum for the next 2 seasons or sit. I dont think TT will screw this up. He will likely give Grant a better deal but not so huge in case he doesn't perform like he did last year. Im not worried and really like Grant something will get worked out and after he proves himself more next season then he could be seeing a nice big contract.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
He is screwed and really has no leverage. We can make him play for minimum for the next 2 seasons or sit. I dont think TT will screw this up. He will likely give Grant a better deal but not so huge in case he doesn't perform like he did last year. Im not worried and really like Grant something will get worked out and after he proves himself more next season then he could be seeing a nice big contract.
how much of a double standard will it be now. A couple years ago he wouldn't give Walker a contract now he gives Grant one only after a season of production?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
how much of a double standard will it be now. A couple years ago he wouldn't give Walker a contract now he gives Grant one only after a season of production?
Walker had a 1 great probowl season and wanted big $$$. Grant had almost 1000 yards in half a season and really turned our running game around whether it was all Grant or improved o-line play who knows. Grant deserves or then minimum at this point. Give him a mil and some incentives/bonus and then if he has the same production again for an entire year I think you give him big $$$. But you decide piss off Grant or keep him with us.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant also is not asking for top-5 of his position money like Walker was. (How stupid is Al Davis for giving him that money this year?) Grant is obviously better than the #50 RB in the league and should be getting what an NFL starting RB gets. Top 25 money would be around three times his current salary.
He also is coming to camp and is not making a big fuss publicly about it. In addition, he doesn't have a current contract like Walker did. He's stuck with current rules and offers, but he's not breaking a contract like Walker.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like we need to write letters to TT!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Grant also is not asking for top-5 of his position money like Walker was. (How stupid is Al Davis for giving him that money this year?) Grant is obviously better than the #50 RB in the league and should be getting what an NFL starting RB gets. Top 25 money would be around three times his current salary.
He also is coming to camp and is not making a big fuss publicly about it. In addition, he doesn't have a current contract like Walker did. He's stuck with current rules and offers, but he's not breaking a contract like Walker.
I'm sorry but did Grant say he did not want to be paid top 5 for his position? He is asking for a raise, but as I see it, if he isn't asking for a lot then he would have been signed already.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Sorta big news guys, Barbre has inserted into the Starting Competition at guard.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...plit-reps.aspx

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him. the more competition the better.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Harrell's back injury was caused by weight lifting. He had minor surgery and should be ready for training camp. Rodgers had his second straight good practice and Jordy made his second great catch in as many practices.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

lol, did anyone see Rodgers comment towards Tauscher? I lol'ed.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Hahaha thats a good one.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that same interview, A-Rod talked about how he enjoyed hanging out with Kyle Boller and David Carr at the golf tournament... scared the crap out of me.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote