Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barbe over Colledge would be a large upgrade for the running game and probably a downgrade for passing protection, IMO

Any mention if he's being looked at for the left or right side?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They are actually supposed to split reps. Colledge was with the first team yesterday and Barbre was with the first team today. They were on the left side.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...plit-reps.aspx

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think will end up as the starting guards?

I'd probably go for Colledge and Coston atm but the competition seems to be wide open.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Jason Spitz is unheralded and I think he's our Best Interior Linemen, He's not flashy but he gets the job done, blows very few assignments and just has that offensive linemen mindset, got a bit of mean streak in em too.

I think it'll be Colledge and Spitz again to start the year.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

I'd probably go for Colledge and Coston atm but the competition seems to be wide open.
Coston is getting more looks at center. I think Spitz is in there for sure, and it's either Barbe or Colledge, and Barbe starts 10 games to Colledge's 6.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

I think Barbre is gonna work his way into a spot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Coston is getting more looks at center. I think Spitz is in there for sure, and it's either Barbe or Colledge, and Barbe starts 10 games to Colledge's 6.
That's just because the coaches want all the lineman to be versital. Wells will be our center for a long time. Coston's still fighting for a starting spot at guard, this is just something happening on the side. I'd say that Spitz has a firm hold on one of the spots, I'd be surprised if he doesn't start opening day. The other one is a toss up right now. I don't think anyone would be confident in naming a clear cut leader on the left. Colledge, Coston, and Barbre will get a shot and it'll be something to keep an eye on in the preseason.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers

Rodgers & DD

B-Jack

Chillar

JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZ OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kregg Lumpkin

Jermey Thompson

Jermichael Finley

Korey Hall

JJ

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDONALD "DUKE IN THE" DRIVER

OMGZ JORDYZZZZZZZZ AGAIN

SUPERBOWL!

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/ph...me/2008-05-21/

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice pictures

Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers on being called injury prone.

You seem to take real offense when people call you injury prone...

Quote:
I think it does kind of bother me to say that. To me, when somebody says injury prone, it has a negative connotation to it and a lot of times people can say you're soft because of it. I mean, I had a broken foot and a torn hamstring. And the other thing is when people who have never played by position or even laced them up before are calling me injury prone. I have a little bit of a problem with that. For anybody to call anybody in the NFL injury-prone is not a great idea unless you've played that position or the game for a long time because otherwise you don't really know what it's like to be an NFL player.

I mean, yeah, you're following somebody that had 250-straight starts plus. Obviously that's the standard. If it's an injury because of something you haven't done in the off-season, some work that you can't done on your body, that's one thing. But the kind of work that I've put in, the kind of injuries I've had have kind of been fluke injuries. I'd say I'm one of the most flexible guys on the team. For me to pull a hamstring on the last play of practice is pretty ridiculous. I broke my foot and finished the game. Obviously I want to play all 16 games but things happen out there that you can't control. I just need to be smart as far as my decisions outside the pocket. The biggest problem I had was you calling me injury prone and I finished the game with a broken foot. How do you respond to that?

You had a torn hamstring? We weren't told that...
It was pretty bad. I begged coach to play in that Detroit game. I told him I was probably 85 percent.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Finley wearing a defensive jersey?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
that's a good question, good catch GB

Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has 88, but I want to see him in 81.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Punt return maybe?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Punt return maybe?
That is a punt team. You can see the LS directly to his right. Plus he is in a punt pro stance.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Punt return maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That is a punt team. You can see the LS directly to his right. Plus he is in a punt pro stance.
Yeah, that still doesn't explain the jersey though.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that still doesn't explain the jersey though.
Hmm, I thought all the guys in the picture were in green. Then I have no idea.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rodgers is sporting a pretty sweet mullet.
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold up, thats not Finely....First off, Finely has lighter skin, and here a video of his wearing a white jersey.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dT_UE57e0Do
Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I dont know, its not a mistake by me because you can click on the link I provided at the bottom....It will take you to Packers.com and the picture says Finley.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers signed TE/WR Evan Moore. He originally signed with New Orleans as an UDFA but was cut last week.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...-te-moore.aspx

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellas, I've never expressed my condolances on your loss of Lord Farve..One of the greatest to ever play and my personal favorite...Before my city finally got another team the Packer's were my team and are now my number two and I am saddened I'll never see number 4 line up behind center again...unless he was really serious that he might come back if anything happens to Rodgers...Would be amazing...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Moore's signing gives the Packers 79 players against the 80-man roster. That number does not include the nine draft picks and RB Ryan Grant (unsigned tender).
Sounds like we are planning for a Grant contract

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Sounds like we are planning for a Grant contract
Not really. I have read that we are working on it, but that quote has nothing to do with it. We could easily cut someone to make room for him like we will do when we sign the draft picks.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Not really. I have read that we are working on it, but that quote has nothing to do with it. We could easily cut someone to make room for him like we will do when we sign the draft picks.
They are meeting today, so anything could happen sometime this weekend.