Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Talks heat up with running back Grant

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Ryan Grant's contract talks hit a substantive stage late last week and left Grant's agent optimistic he and the Green Bay Packers can grind out a deal in the coming weeks.

Grant, the Packers' starting halfback, is in an unusual position in seeking a long-term deal, because though he's been out of college for three years, he's played only one season in the NFL and can't become an unrestricted free agent until 2011, when he'll be 28. But after almost single-handedly supplying the Packers with a respectable rushing game the second half of last season, Grant is looking for some financial security while in his prime.

His agent, Alan Herman, has said Grant won't sign the $370,000 minimum tender for a second-year pro. However, after a 1-hour conversation with Packers negotiator Russ Ball late last week, Herman said the team is open to a long-term deal, though it will require major compromises by both sides.

"The important issue is the club has indicated they're not big players in the free-agent market and they like to take care of their own," Herman said. "Ryan had truly an extraordinary year and it wasn't like he was a flash in the pan. He played 12 games, that's a lot of games, at the highest level. Clearly, they know what they have and that's why the opportunity to get something done and keep him there for a long time is kind of apparent."
Link

Hopefully get it done soon

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

3 Years 15 Million
7 Years 35 Million
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope they get it done soon.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
3 Years 15 Million
7 Years 35 Million
I wouldn't give him any of that.

I would go 3 years at 10 million and 3-4 million grantee.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
3 Years 15 Million
7 Years 35 Million
Thats what you think Grant will get? I highly doubt that because although he had played 12 games and did pretty good thats alot of change for a player that may be a 1 year wonder like Samkon Gado.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to thank Grant for not being an ass about this. Too often guys go to the media and complain about contracts. I dont many people outside the Green Bay world know about this

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al HArris has a myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/232759452

Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Al HArris has a myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/232759452
damn I didn't know that Harris played 168 straight games.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Al is the man
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Blackmon is on Al's friend list for myspace but Blackmon's is private so I think he would need to add you as a friend. Anyways Will logged on yesterday!!!!!! OMGZZZZZZ

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Will Blackmon is on Al's friend list for myspace but Blackmon's is private so I think he would need to add you as a friend. Anyways Will logged on yesterday!!!!!! OMGZZZZZZ
He was probably counting his comments, for each comment he gets he will get a TD on a KR or PR

Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's a little slow right now news wise so I thought this my bring about discussion
http://sports.ign.com/articles/877/877251p1.html
Ign ranks one player from each team who they think will rise and fall in Madden 09. It looks good mostly, though I strongly disagree who they chose for the Pack. I think Jennings should be the big riser for us.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They overrated a lot of players on the list. Also what makes them think Orton and Kitna will improve so much? I'm not taking shots at our NFC-N rivals I'm just saying those aren't the players I would have picked at all.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
They overrated a lot of players on the list. Also what makes them think Orton and Kitna will improve so much? I'm not taking shots at our NFC-N rivals I'm just saying those aren't the players I would have picked at all.
Ya I noticed that too. I was trying to think what Orton actually did last year to boost him up? I came up with nothing.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

I just noticed Boller to. Really Kyle Boller improved so much they drafted another 1rd QB?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty awful list.
Antonio Cromartie to a 95 is way to far, along with Patrick Willis to a 97, Wes Welker to a 95, and Jon Beason to a 91 just to name a few. On the lower side the only major ones I see are that Shockey won't drop to sub-90 and I don't think Rudi Johnson will fall quite that much.

As for the Packers choices, simply put they are horrible. How they think Daryn Colledge will get an 88 is beyond me. He might not even be the starter. He didn't progress much at all, he should stay the same or maybe up one would be acceptable. I also don't like KGB as the negative choice. He is at the same level that he was playing at last year if not better. A decrease is inevitable because he is no longer the starter, but 6 is harsh.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

That list is pretty bad in my opinion. They used the rosters that you got when you bought madden not the most recently updated ones. So they say A. Peterson 85to96 well he has already been updated and is 93 but I can still see him rise a little more. Alot of the players they say will rise already have been given a raise in the most recent rosters. Alot of players will still rise and fall though. They gave alot of the players way to drastic of changes like +15 and -13 that might happen with very few players like Lorenzo Neal he was 99 but if he doesn't find a team and because of him age he will get hit hard. What was stupid with Madden is Aaron Rodgers was rated 80 when 1st drafted he didnt get to play and the season after he was 79, its only a point but he dropped because he was behind Favre?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is Ryan Grant
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=325 75090

It's asks for his last name when you try to add him as a friend, i put Grant and it worked.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Jonathon Vilma 82 lol thats just funny, and why would KGB go down
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Story bout Rodgers

Also, a comment by some guy on IGN about Kampman:

I'm a Packers fan but I know Kampman is not the best D-Lineman in the league. He's the best D-lineman on the team no doubt but he's not exactly a stud against the run, he's still great but not on par with Haynesworth. Our DT's are also great at penetrating against the pass which allows Kampman to get a one on one matchup against the tackle almost all the time and obviously a player of his calibur is going to get some sacks with that matchup but an elite pass rusher would have about 5-8 more in that d-line. While Kampman is a great overall talent he's just not elite in either the pass or run which really prevents him from being the best.

I always figured his first job was stopping the run until 06

Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

The Packers have taken down Favre's nameplate on his locker and replaced it with just a regular packers.......saw it on Packers.com pretty cool no one else should ever get it and now they wont.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Thats what you think Grant will get? I highly doubt that because although he had played 12 games and did pretty good thats alot of change for a player that may be a 1 year wonder like Samkon Gado.
I cant believe some people still afraid that Grant is a one year wonder. Samekon Gado was nothing special and we all knew it while Grant totally brought this team to another level. Grant will be a solid back in this league for years. I like him better than Dorsey Levens.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Story bout Rodgers

Also, a comment by some guy on IGN about Kampman:

I'm a Packers fan but I know Kampman is not the best D-Lineman in the league. He's the best D-lineman on the team no doubt but he's not exactly a stud against the run, he's still great but not on par with Haynesworth. Our DT's are also great at penetrating against the pass which allows Kampman to get a one on one matchup against the tackle almost all the time and obviously a player of his calibur is going to get some sacks with that matchup but an elite pass rusher would have about 5-8 more in that d-line. While Kampman is a great overall talent he's just not elite in either the pass or run which really prevents him from being the best.

I always figured his first job was stopping the run until 06
Hmm, some random poster on a video game forum. Yeah, I don't care what he has to say.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
yeah good call on Denver.
they're overrated every season.

they have weak WRs other than brandon marshall and shanahan is totally overrated and i think still hasn't won more than one playoff game without elway there (and i think it was over New England in the one time i wagered on NE)
Denver has some nice pieces like Marshall and Cutler may be vastly improved given he has his diabetes under control, but I don't know that they've gotten all that better, whereas KC had a nice draft (though losing J. Allen a huge losss) and Al Davis went nuts spending on FAs. Toss in San Diego and it will be an interesting year in that division.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Hmm, some random poster on a video game forum. Yeah, I don't care what he has to say.
Thats what i thought, i just get pissed off to easily