Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to agree that Scott's argument for Brohm is downright silly. You have to remember that Scott had a Brady Quinn-esque man crush on Rodgers back in 2004 though, so I'm sure he wants him to get every opportunity to prove him right.

On the other hand, I think the general consensus among non-Packers fans (and some Packers fans alike) is that this was a pretty meh.. draft over all for the Packers. There are probably one or two starters and even if Brohm suceeds, it's still going to be because Rodgers failed (I'm still a big fan of the Brohm pick though).

Overall I don't think it was a bad draft, but it was a draft mostly for depth and will likely never make a big impact on the team, so I thnk it's probably somewhere between the B-C range. It's hard to make much of an immediate impact when you're drafting at the bottom of every round.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd have to agree that Scott's argument for Brohm is downright silly. You have to remember that Scott had a Brady Quinn-esque man crush on Rodgers back in 2004 though, so I'm sure he wants him to get every opportunity to prove him right.

On the other hand, I think the general consensus among non-Packers fans (and some Packers fans alike) is that this was a pretty meh.. draft over all for the Packers. There are probably one or two starters and even if Brohm suceeds, it's still going to be because Rodgers failed (I'm still a big fan of the Brohm pick though).

Overall I don't think it was a bad draft, but it was a draft mostly for depth and will likely never make a big impact on the team, so I thnk it's probably somewhere between the B-C range. It's hard to make much of an immediate impact when you're drafting at the bottom of every round.
I agree with everything you put down here. I'm a big fan of the Day Two picks such as Finley, Thompson, and Breno, but their impacts will be felt down the road and not immediately. This draft can be better assessed three or four years down the road much like any teams draft, but the initial poor grade is not warranted; it wasn't a great draft, but it wasn't as poor as Scott stated

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how the move 'essentially kills any chance Rodgers had of suceeding', it's still his job to lose and why shouldn't we grab the most talented backup quarterback possible rather than settle for a journeyman.

Also although it was a luxury pick, the point is that we covered the majority of our needs and we were never gonna get a rookie starter from this draft. We were in a position to make luxury picks imo.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I don't see how the move 'essentially kills any chance Rodgers had of suceeding', it's still his job to lose and why shouldn't we grab the most talented backup quarterback possible rather than settle for a journeyman.

Also although it was a luxury pick, the point is that we covered the majority of our needs and we were never gonna get a rookie starter from this draft. We were in a position to make luxury picks imo.
Yeah, I didn't really get the "overestimating how good they are" bit. What? We won 13 games. We BARELY lost in overtime in the NFC Championship game to the eventual Superbowl winners. WTF?

We made great value picks except for Sitton, who apparently we saw some potential in. Just a Viking fan..

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8089fb43

Rodgers on NFl network.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully Jeff Brohm pans out for us. Brian will be awfully dissapointed his twin took his spot.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jeff????????

Im really confused, cause jeff is the OC for UofL.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No according to Baldinger we drafted him as a backup. If he is an OC to that is just a bonus.:)
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has never been A fan for drafting best player available. If you read his reports on other teams he always takes about getting other players and not targeting their needs.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noah Herron is a hero.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3424737

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Props Noah and Dennis Kocken is a good man!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now why is it the NFL players that should be carrying guns don't have 'em and are out there stopping crime, while those that shouldn't be carrying guns have 'em and are out there committing crime?

Noah Herron >>> Pacman Jones!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Scott has never been A fan for drafting best player available. If you read his reports on other teams he always takes about getting other players and not targeting their needs.
It makes it much easier for Scott to make predictions for his mock draft web site when teams draft for need. So im guessing that is at least a partial reason for him not to be a fan of teams that pick BPA. Concidering that Scott gains credibility for every pick he gets right I can see why he prefers teams to pick for need even if its not neccesarily the best strategy.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are videos of the Packers practices in the Don Hutson center.

WR's catching and a little sled pushing by the RB's. Taj Smith #6 looked bad, 2 balls thrown to him in the video and he dropped both and the WR's werent covered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gF5aQy3AM8

Other drills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOsBF...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OT1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0qZO...eature=related

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im very excited about this year's Dline

Possibly 4 DE's (If thompson is as good as I hope) in the rotation and 4 DT's in the rotation (Hopefully Harrell steps up and 5 if you count Jenkins). And apparently Muir isnt too bad either!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Today coach McCarthy was asked about the young QBs:

(How are Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn doing to this point?)
Progressing. I'll tell you, Brian Brohm is as sharp a young quarterback that I have been around, and that's a big statement because I have been fortunate enough to coach some very bright quarterbacks in their first and second year in the league. I have been very impressed with the way he picks up the scheme and the way he is able to communicate it.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody know Ruvell's rating this year on madden?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Anybody know Ruvell's rating this year on madden?
Madden's a joke.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I know it is, but im very curious

Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Veteran cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson both were present for the Green Bay Packers' voluntary offseason workout session Wednesday, its good to see that sum of the vets that are normally not at the voluntary offseason workouts are there, it seems to me that Al and Wood are trying to be the leaders on the team now that we lost Favre.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We released Joe Toledo.

With drafting 2 more lineman there was no need what so ever for him so no big deal.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Article detailing some of the current injuries in OTAs.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80604155/1058

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I think we're about to have three starting caliber TE's to match our five good recievers.

Quote:
The scare came on the day Tory Humphrey practiced in front of reporters for the first time since breaking a leg in July. Humphrey opened the first team period alongside starter Donald Lee in a two-tight set with the No. 1 offense
I really didnt expect us to take a TE so early because I thought that Humphrey could be the real deal.
Also we have 6-8 Joey Haynos.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

Great article on Kampman, among others, in helping with the tornado relief in the midwest.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im very excited about this year's Dline

Possibly 4 DE's (If thompson is as good as I hope) in the rotation and 4 DT's in the rotation (Hopefully Harrell steps up and 5 if you count Jenkins). And apparently Muir isnt too bad either!
can I ask what or why you think Thompson is good? I have my fingers crossed, but I don't see him being "special". A Wake Forest DE that didn't put up eye opening #s. I think he will be better than Montgomery and Hunter, but that doesn't take a whole heck of alot. No disrespect to you, just a general wondering...ment.. That pick threw me for a loop.