Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From all reports it seems that Poppinga and Williams almost have SLB and nickel CB locked down, though that could change. I would agree that WR3 and TE2 are wide open, but those will likely change or be a rotation during the season and won't see that much PT anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
From all reports it seems that Poppinga and Williams almost have SLB and nickel CB locked down, though that could change. I would agree that WR3 and TE2 are wide open, but those will likely change or be a rotation during the season and won't see that much PT anyway.
lol, nothing is settled yet. Remember when Ben Taylor was thought to be the winner over Poppinga a few years ago?

The only spot that may be locked down is with Trammon Williams. But I'd be willing to bet that Pat Lee and Will Blackmon could throw a monkey wrench into that in no time.

WR3 won't see much playing time? LOL
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I'm saying is JSOnline and sources have mentioned LG and FS as being up for grabs multiple times and said SLB and nickel CB are going to Poppinga and Williams. I didn't even express an opinion, it's just what's being reported thus far.

And like I said, WR3 will probably change and be a rotation during the season, and won't see much PT when you compare it to a starter like LG or FS.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

The only, ONLY, thing I care about during these things is INJURY.
I hold my breath that none of our guys tear their ACLs, or break legs like Tory Humphrey last year.

That stuff can happen on any play in those things.........
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You probably all know already but anyway, Ryan Grant was at minicamp but won't practice until his contract is sorted.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3449590

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Big plays put on chores list

Collins, Hawk seeking impact
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=763314
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Collins
"I'll put it this way: This is my fourth year and what they've seen is what they're going to get from Nick Collins," he said. "Maybe more (big) plays this year, but what you've seen is what you're going to get. I don't see no other safety doing what I do in the scheme that we play.

"The scheme that we play is so unique and I don't see any other safety that can do the things that I do: play the run, play the pass, do whatever the team needs me to do. I don't see no other safety doing that. My goal this year is just to make more plays."
Bring on Rouse! Collins seems like he has a big head for someone on shaky ground. Doesn't seem like he's trying too hard to improve. Also couldn't help noticing how horrible his grammar is sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hawk
"As a defensive guy, if my tackles went down this year, I'd be happy, to tell you the truth, because that means our defense is playing better and we're on the field less," Hawk said. "You can never put too much attention on numbers. I just want to be consistent week in and week out and that's the hardest thing to do in the league."

"That'd be great; that's the goal for any defensive player is make some big plays and turnovers and stuff," Hawk said. "But I'm not going to press and do anything different. I'll take what comes to me and do my job and try to be a solid part of this defense."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOnline
Hawk is trying to improve his awareness so he knows which pass routes he can jump for an interception. He's also working on being a better blitzer by learning pass-rushing moves.
That's more what I'd like to hear. Be reliable in pass coverage, maybe learn to take better advantage of interception opportunities and blitz him once in awhile.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 06-18-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Through 14 games Adrian Peterson averaged 96 yards a game rushing

Ryan Grant, if you include the 2 playoff games, started 12 games and averaged 98 yards a game.

Im just saying

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Through 14 games Adrian Peterson averaged 96 yards a game rushing

Ryan Grant, if you include the 2 playoff games, started 12 games and averaged 98 yards a game.

Im just saying
Ryan Grant wasn't a top 10 pick, he can't be no good dawg!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Nick Collins understand the role general role of a safety? That's basically what they're supposed to do, play both the run and pass well. I hope Rouse beats him out this year.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Does Nick Collins understand the role general role of a safety? That's basically what they're supposed to do, play both the run and pass well. I hope Rouse beats him out this year.
Same here. Collins is descent but inconsistant. He clearly isn't ever going to be the player that we thought he could be when we drafted him so its time to move on and see what Rouse can do. I wouldn't even be suprised if Peprah won the job either.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
After what ive seen from Rouse last year, hes my starter for this season. 2 picks in the 3 games he started as a rookie, Collins could only dream to do that. His instincts are also incredible and seems to see the play develop before it actually happens. With Collins its basically see and then react which explains the lack of big plays. Collins is still a solid player but Rouse has so much more potential.

Last edited by Favre4ever : 06-18-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Packers rushing game crushes this year, Grant will get his props. I'm also excited to see Brandon get the carries and show what he can do. MM has said that Jackson has had one of the best off-seasons.

Collins was great for a rookie, but I haven't seen him progress to be even all-division yet. Rouse has such a great football physique that if he has the capacity to be football aware, he'll have the capacity to dominate. Also given that his instincts brought the turnovers. If Collins is able to maintain, great. Maybe Rouse can take some reps from Bigby or just push those guys to be more assignment sure.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Packers recently made an exploratory inquiry with the Miami Dolphins, who are trying to decide what to do with the disgruntled Taylor
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80618150/1058

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

I would be hesitant about giving up a 2nd, but if we could get him for a 3rd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I still might even make the trade for the second rounder depending on how KGB progresses in the next few weeks. It sure would be nice to steal some of the Vikes thunder and get a Pro Bowl DE of our own in a trade.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't give up a 3rd.

With that said TT wouldn't give up that for Randy Moss.Why would he give that up for a 33 year old DE they packers don't really need?

Oh yeah, We already have a pro bowl DE of our own.

On an unrelated note... there's chatter than the receivers are claiming Rodgers has a bigger cannon than Favre did recently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3450317

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-19-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I wouldn't give up a 3rd.

With that said TT wouldn't give up that for Randy Moss.Why would he give that up for a 33 year old DE they packers don't really need?

Oh yeah, We already have a pro bowl DE of our own.

On an unrelated note... there's chatter than the receivers are claiming Rodgers has a bigger cannon than Favre did recently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3450317
He may have a better long ball, but I doubt he can throw the ball harder than Favre did.

Hitman D

Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He may have a better long ball, but I doubt he can throw the ball harder than Favre did.
I'd say perhaps he can when compared to a 38 year old Favre, if they were the same age, no way.

they get smoked.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd say perhaps he can when compared to a 38 year old Favre, if they were the same age, no way.
I know, I figured saying recently would be redundant...

Hitman D

Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else just straight up love James Jones? He seems pretty damn lovable..I could go for a couple less drops from him this year though.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Packers recently made an exploratory inquiry with the Miami Dolphins, who are trying to decide what to do with the disgruntled Taylor

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80618150/1058
That's a shocker. I doubt they would give up more than a 4th at this point. Notice the adjective exploratory, meaning that the two teams could be seeing the situation very differently. We aren't the team to give up picks for old players, and given our past draft patterns it seems the first three rounds are expected to be starters.

Edit: JSOnline suggests a 2nd, I doubt it since at age 34 we would only get 2 years out of him at a past his prime playing level. I think we would be confident that we could get somewhere close to that production out of a 2nd rounder and still have a young player under contract.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 06-19-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strange how its now Collins under pressure from Rouse and not Bigby, even around draft day people weren't totally confident in Bigby. Is he looking better than Collins in practice?

And I don't think a Jason Taylor trade would be worth it now, especially not a 2nd.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Strange how its now Collins under pressure from Rouse and not Bigby, even around draft day people weren't totally confident in Bigby. Is he looking better than Collins in practice?

And I don't think a Jason Taylor trade would be worth it now, especially not a 2nd.
Bigby improved in December and in the playoffs. This was also his 1st year as a starter so I'm willing to give him another year to show what he can do.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Journal Sentinel has a story as well http://www.jsonline.com/story/index....3848&no_cj_c=1

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd feel mixed about a trade for Taylor for a 2nd round pick. For a 3rd I would be totally on board.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote