Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I have DVR so im going to start recording all the games. My dad takes up all the space though recording his damn redskin games
Booooooo redskins! : P

Honestly as a coach, I will say this. Recording the games, and then watching them over, and studying them will teach you alot about the game, and what's really going on. It will seperate you from normal football fans.

It also reveals how normal football fans on MB argue. As someone in the industry, everything is Xs and Os, and it's interesting to see how fans argue about "better" players. They don't take into consideration any scheme or systems, and just use stats.

Football fans love stats. It's funny to see people argue, because all they do is shoot stats back and forth, but and hope one person buys into the point being debated.

The best is to tape or dvr the game, and watch it and see what's actually going on.

On another good note I am finally done breaking this game down! Took me a week, and I have 12 pages of play by play, including formations used by both teams, and running and passing plays broke down by both teams. So hopefully tomorrow i can get them all logged and then post it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I really have to get a DVR before next season.
Me 2 those things are way helpful and you can watch footall year round
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Booooooo redskins! : P

Honestly as a coach, I will say this. Recording the games, and then watching them over, and studying them will teach you alot about the game, and what's really going on. It will seperate you from normal football fans.

It also reveals how normal football fans on MB argue. As someone in the industry, everything is Xs and Os, and it's interesting to see how fans argue about "better" players. They don't take into consideration any scheme or systems, and just use stats.

Football fans love stats. It's funny to see people argue, because all they do is shoot stats back and forth, but and hope one person buys into the point being debated.

The best is to tape or dvr the game, and watch it and see what's actually going on.

On another good note I am finally done breaking this game down! Took me a week, and I have 12 pages of play by play, including formations used by both teams, and running and passing plays broke down by both teams. So hopefully tomorrow i can get them all logged and then post it.

Im going to try and record some of the repeats NFLN is showing this summer to get used to it. I wanna be a coach one day so this is very useful.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im going to try and record some of the repeats NFLN is showing this summer to get used to it. I wanna be a coach one day so this is very useful.
I love the DVR for football. In particular with the one I have from Cox cable, I hit one button and it backs up 8 seconds, which usually puts me around the start of the play. Then you can watch in slow motion, or pause and advance frame by frame. Watching the guys on the O-line is the best application I've seen for this. You can really see who is out there giving the cut-blocks and who isn't winning the battles up front.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the best way to learn. Most people watch their team play once and thats all. Some record it to watch it again, but the trick is to take 5-10 minutes for each play and see, what, both teams are doing. What formation is the offense in? do they run to the motion side or not? Stuff like that.

I feel like I have a very good grasp of our offense, but ask me about our D and I don't know. Since I am an offensive coach, I just fast forward through our defensive stuff.

But for this GB game I watched everything because I had to document your plays in the passing and running game.

I use old school VHS the best, and I know it's reliable, and this way if the game is a classic, I label it and archive it.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the best way to learn. Most people watch their team play once and thats all. Some record it to watch it again, but the trick is to take 5-10 minutes for each play and see, what, both teams are doing. What formation is the offense in? do they run to the motion side or not? Stuff like that.

I feel like I have a very good grasp of our offense, but ask me about our D and I don't know. Since I am an offensive coach, I just fast forward through our defensive stuff.

But for this GB game I watched everything because I had to document your plays in the passing and running game.

I use old school VHS the best, and I know it's reliable, and this way if the game is a classic, I label it and archive it.
I agree that re-watching games is really the best way to break down a game but I just wish there was some place where a top down view of the play's was available. It would be so much easier to break down coverages, routes and schemes. I hope, eventually, that the NFL makes something like this available on there website. Even if you had to pay a small fee I would consider it.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers on Rome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOxC5Mn5cJo

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Rodger's attitude and confidence really make me feel good going into this year. He seems to have a very good outlook and perspective on his role and situation going into this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
THUMPER31

Thumbs up #1 Green Bay Packer Screen Name - AVAILABLE

Wouldnt you know it, this guy has finally decided to release the #1 Packers Fan screen name on ebay, and now I dont have the money to buy it. Go to ebay and type in Green Bay Packers Screen Name and you'll see it. Good Luck.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER31 View Post
Wouldnt you know it, this guy has finally decided to release the #1 Packers Fan screen name on ebay, and now I dont have the money to buy it. Go to ebay and type in Green Bay Packers Screen Name and you'll see it. Good Luck.
Dear god this is the 3rd time you have posted this in 3 different threads... Stop spamming!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Dear god this is the 3rd time you have posted this in 3 different threads... Stop spamming!
It's getting taken care of, he shouldn't be around much longer.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

What's the status of the draft pick's contracts? Have we signed any, where can I get that info at?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
What's the status of the draft pick's contracts? Have we signed any, where can I get that info at?
We haven't signed anybody yet. Reason being is that since there is no NFL Europe anymore teams don't get the roster exemption for the players they send over there. Instead they changed the number of players that teams can have at the OTA's to something like 86 players I believe. Draft picks don't count against that number until they sign their contract. So once we sign a draft pick, we have to release a player. We want as many bodies as possible to take snaps from the vets to keep them healthy. Now that the OTA's and minicamps are done I'd expect the signings top pick up early next month.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of recording games, i need to get back to doing that normally. The thing is it can get tiresome after awhile. I remember at one point last season i started getting tired of breaking down plays as they happened. Sometimes you just wanna watch a game and enjoy it.

Nowadays, I don't have to record em anymore. I can just watch it and notice the basics immediately. If i really want to go into extreme analysis ill watch it again.

I tend to do this only for Giants games though. Ill just casually study the formations and plays of other teams as i watch their games, not OD like i do with the Giants.

I also have a bad habit of seeming to focus more on the defenses. Its in my eyes, much harder to study the offensives bc you don't have the playbook in front of you and you don't know for sure what an option route was, or if the WR ran his route properly etc without having the playbook in front of you.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea if you want to get basic you can get the DVR setup with your cable company and if it has memory record all the games and store them, that's what I did with the Cowboys games...Still doesn't get me an overhead view which is alot better, but instead of just watching the ball you can watch the trenches and see how those guys are playing, on busted players you can see whose mistake it was, its really useful and for huge fans as we are that's the way it should be...I'm trying to upgrade this season to the DVR that has a DVD recorder in it to transfer all the games, and like you said NFLN replays alot of other games which would be nice to check out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I had considered getting a DVR in the past and after all this talk I bought the www.woot.com item of the day.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DVRs are like a $5/month charge from Time Warner, I don't know why you wouldn't do it if you watch any TV.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I agree that re-watching games is really the best way to break down a game but I just wish there was some place where a top down view of the play's was available. It would be so much easier to break down coverages, routes and schemes. I hope, eventually, that the NFL makes something like this available on there website. Even if you had to pay a small fee I would consider it.
Yeah the wide shot and tight shot is really what closes me down, and makes breaking down games a pain process. That's why I pick which games to breakdown.

The NFL controls all tape exchange from what I heard from one of the coaches. So they are the middle man when it comes to film and stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL had a great IT system, where coaches can log on and get all the film and angles they need. HS teams can do it, and a billion dollar company like the NFL should have a pretty impressive one.

But having it available for people would make things different. For instance any fan who is a coach at some level can breadown games and send it to the pro coaches. And so it would be like coaches coming to their aide of their favorite team. It would almost be like outsourcing game breakdowns that coaches do, to fans who happen to be coaches as well. You know what I mean? So it would be weird if the NFL did that. I can see issues arising. But that would help me big time if I had all their angles.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Speaking of recording games, i need to get back to doing that normally. The thing is it can get tiresome after awhile. I remember at one point last season i started getting tired of breaking down plays as they happened. Sometimes you just wanna watch a game and enjoy it.

Nowadays, I don't have to record em anymore. I can just watch it and notice the basics immediately. If i really want to go into extreme analysis ill watch it again.

I tend to do this only for Giants games though. Ill just casually study the formations and plays of other teams as i watch their games, not OD like i do with the Giants.

I also have a bad habit of seeming to focus more on the defenses. Its in my eyes, much harder to study the offensives bc you don't have the playbook in front of you and you don't know for sure what an option route was, or if the WR ran his route properly etc without having the playbook in front of you.

That's one of the most popular fan talk none sense you always hear. This player runs bad routes. Unless the fan has the WR manuel and has it in front of them, it's impossible to know how long the stem of the route should be, if the release should have been outside or inside, or even the WR alignment. So many factors play into it, and I always catch fans saying, so and so is a good or bad wr because... and they say something about the routes. Fact is it's hard to tell without the playbook.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
That's one of the most popular fan talk none sense you always hear. This player runs bad routes. Unless the fan has the WR manuel and has it in front of them, it's impossible to know how long the stem of the route should be, if the release should have been outside or inside, or even the WR alignment. So many factors play into it, and I always catch fans saying, so and so is a good or bad wr because... and they say something about the routes. Fact is it's hard to tell without the playbook.
You can tell several ways...
-Media reports, specifically from reporters who cover the team you are analyzing only. These guys watch this team day in and day out in practice and generally have a good read on players.
-In games, if a QB is constantly missing the same receiver because of timing, spacing, etc. it's either the QB or the WR. Obviously you can't always tell which but when every other WR is doing fine consistently it's usually a good bet it's the WRs fault.
-Watch the confidence and crispness of the route. Some guys run the proper routes, but they don't do it confidently and it shows because they're not hard in and out of their cuts, preferring to round corners.

Those are a few ways I do analysis.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
You can tell several ways...
-Media reports, specifically from reporters who cover the team you are analyzing only. These guys watch this team day in and day out in practice and generally have a good read on players.
-In games, if a QB is constantly missing the same receiver because of timing, spacing, etc. it's either the QB or the WR. Obviously you can't always tell which but when every other WR is doing fine consistently it's usually a good bet it's the WRs fault.
-Watch the confidence and crispness of the route. Some guys run the proper routes, but they don't do it confidently and it shows because they're not hard in and out of their cuts, preferring to round corners.

Those are a few ways I do analysis.
Yeah if the media has inside info, that's one way. But if they are making fan like inferences, than I would question that,

Well if the QB is missing that WR that much all the time, then I highly doubt the coaching staff puts him in the game if a PRO wr is screwing up that much. I have yet to see a pro team play someone that bad.

That has nothing to do with confidence that's just sloppy running. Other times the routes can call for that. That's in the skill players playbook my friend. Everything you said will be detailed there. It's not a hard process you compare the routes in the book with what the guy is running.

That's how I graded my TEs game in and game out at 8am on sundays. That's how you fill out their grading sheets. Technique, effort, and assignment.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know if you ever watched those draftguysTV videos but they really broke things down and showed which WR's ran routes well and which ones didnt. Putting it into slow motion really helped. But they were also running basic routes and you knew what they were running.

Quote:
Yeah the wide shot and tight shot is really what closes me down, and makes breaking down games a pain process. That's why I pick which games to breakdown.

The NFL controls all tape exchange from what I heard from one of the coaches. So they are the middle man when it comes to film and stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL had a great IT system, where coaches can log on and get all the film and angles they need. HS teams can do it, and a billion dollar company like the NFL should have a pretty impressive one.

But having it available for people would make things different. For instance any fan who is a coach at some level can breadown games and send it to the pro coaches. And so it would be like coaches coming to their aide of their favorite team. It would almost be like outsourcing game breakdowns that coaches do, to fans who happen to be coaches as well. You know what I mean? So it would be weird if the NFL did that. I can see issues arising. But that would help me big time if I had all their angles.
Thatd be pretty incredible. I'd love to have all those videos available to me.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont know if you ever watched those draftguysTV videos but they really broke things down and showed which WR's ran routes well and which ones didnt. Putting it into slow motion really helped. But they were also running basic routes and you knew what they were running.

Thatd be pretty incredible. I'd love to have all those videos available to me.

In my opinion you can gauge effort, which I used to grade my players on during the game. One thing is noticable is on running plays. If your supposed to clear out, and your jogging and less intense, teams scout that. That tips run/or pass. So I put that in the effort category.

And yeah even using basic tv angles I can tell the route, but in terms of if it's a good route or not, no fan can tell that. I can't tell it as well, because I don't have the Outside WR, Inside WR, and TE manuels. Each of these playbooks is different, and has a different passing tree and then breaks it down by how long the stem should be, and then gives opens vs different coverages.

That part is hard for anyone to gauge, unless you are a REAL pro scout, and get access to their position coaches. Then you find stuff out about the player, and routes, and precision of the routes, and can question the OC about the stem and #s. Also asking the WR coach helps alot. Perhaps even watch their practice videos, which are taped as well, to see how he practices vs plays in the real game.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see this as a problem. If an NFL coach wants to take the opinion of a guy who isn't an NFL coach on a film breakdown and model the gameplan after this, the NFL should just let them.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I don't see this as a problem. If an NFL coach wants to take the opinion of a guy who isn't an NFL coach on a film breakdown and model the gameplan after this, the NFL should just let them.
Ha, I highly doubt coaches have the time to look through some random guy's video that he submitted to the team.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote