Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
do preseason games count?
What do you think?

Favre is supposed to appear on foz news tonight.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...s-tonight.aspx

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone heard of any rookies signing? all we hear out of GB is Favre news.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You are wrong on almost every count.

TT holds all the cards. False. Ridiculously false in fact. Favre's presence on the team could destroy the Packers. I said a few days ago prior to this announcement that the best thing that could happen to the Packers is that Favre would either change his mind or die. Anything he does from here on out has a negative effect on the Packers.

So, that being said, they have to get rid of him. They just have to. They know it. Favre knows it. Everyone else in the NFL knows it too.

So what would you give up to rent one year from a 38 year old quarterback that has quit the game of football twice in the last few months, hasn't done anything in the playoffs since 1997, and has a salary of 12 million dollars? Oh, and don't forget that you're likely only bidding against one or two other teams since the Packers won't even talk to the Bears or Vikings.

McNair got a 5th rounder I believe. Like I said, I think a 3rd is very generous. If I were the Packers I would trade Aaron Rodgers and hope that Brohm can be the QB of the future, but that ship sailed a while ago.
Maybe you have inside information that I don't because I'm not sure how you could assume that Favre would only come back for one year. He's so back and forth that I'm not sure what the hell would happen in seasons to come.

McNair was a solid QB at the time of his trade, and is a HOFer in my eyes, however to compair this situation to Steve is crazy. Let's just talk about Mcnair's injury history, if he were in the same position as brett (started every game) then that pick goes up to a solid 3rd maybe even 2nd.

You are right however that the packers will never trade Brett to the vikings or Bears. Plus, you can be sure that if TT chooses to trade him, there will be an agreement that the team he goes to can't turn around and trade him to the Bears or Vikings.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers filed tampering charges agianst the Queens. Ha.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt the Vikes will give up anything. This is different, Favre and the OC are friends, barring an audio recording there is no proof tampering is involved. Even though it probably happened.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett can't be dumb enough to go and play for the Vikings now. That would be beyond unbelievable.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Brett can't be dumb enough to go and play for the Vikings now. That would be beyond unbelievable.
I must say, that after listening to him last night in the interview and reading what he had to say in the unbroadcasted part, I wouldn't be that surprised. The guy has some major sour grapes at this point. And why? Because Ted Thompson didn't bow down and let Brett play GM at certain points? Give me a break.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
You know what? I doesn't matter because it's not his decission. As much as he'd like to think so it's not his choice as to where he's going to play next year, and we're not going to let him go to a division rival.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let him go if that's his choice. He deserves as much if we're truly moving on. Man oh man first game of the season would be a madhouse. One for the ages.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Let him go if that's his choice. He deserves as much if we're truly moving on. Man oh man first game of the season would be a madhouse. One for the ages.
Sorry, he's still under contract with us and the NFL is a business. We're just doing whats best for the franchise. Also, we don't really owe him anything. Yes he changed the face of the franchise and all that but as far as I know, we made him one rich sob.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldnt say we dont owe, your right this is a bussiness and we should send him to the team that is willing to give the best offer and if thats the Vikings i say we do it. If the Vikings are willing to give a 1st round (I dont think so.) then we should do it, its worth it to have a top player and vs Favre 1 or 2 years. The best option for us is to send him to the Ravens, thats far away and we wont have to vs him unless its in the Superbowl.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Sorry, he's still under contract with us and the NFL is a business. We're just doing whats best for the franchise. Also, we don't really owe him anything. Yes he changed the face of the franchise and all that but as far as I know, we made him one rich sob.
It is a business and treating it so this is a PR nightmare and, if Favre were to return to the team, could seriously disrupt the organization.

I think everyone involved, including Favre, realizes this. I'm of the opinion he won't be playing more than 2 years. get what you can for those 2 years, even if it's from the damned Vikings.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
It is a business and treating it so this is a PR nightmare and, if Favre were to return to the team, could seriously disrupt the organization.

I think everyone involved, including Favre, realizes this. I'm of the opinion he won't be playing more than 2 years. get what you can for those 2 years, even if it's from the damned Vikings.
I see where you're coming from, I guess I just value trading between division rivals differently. Plus, thinking of Favre in Minnesota and coming over here for the first game of the year makes me cringe, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I wouldnt say we dont owe, your right this is a bussiness and we should send him to the team that is willing to give the best offer and if thats the Vikings i say we do it. If the Vikings are willing to give a 1st round (I dont think so.) then we should do it, its worth it to have a top player and vs Favre 1 or 2 years. The best option for us is to send him to the Ravens, thats far away and we wont have to vs him unless its in the Superbowl.
Yeah, I think the Ravens are also starting to be a good option.

Overall though I'm starting to think that Favre might not be able to be traded. First of all, we have to find the team that is right for him and won't interfere with our own team this year (like a division rival). Then he has to agree with it and approve of the trade because of the clause in the contract. Finally the team we are trading him to actually has to want to trade for him and we have to get some decent value. Odds are against us, in my opinion.

Last edited by Twiddler : 07-17-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading Favre to the Vikings is one of the dumbest things I've read.

Last edited by Geo : 07-17-2008 at 04:50 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

I'm not usually very big an articles that Don Banks writes but his piece on Favre hit almost every single thought I have on this situation to the tee. Great article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...aps/index.html
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I'm not usually very big an articles that Don Banks writes but his piece on Favre hit almost every single thought I have on this situation to the tee. Great article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...aps/index.html
Agree. An excellent article.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Well according to Bus and Brett, they haven't made definate plans to apply for reinstatment. They keep saying they have until week 6 to do it. My guess is that they weren't counting on the packers to play hardball and now that they have, they really don't have an option.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Well according to Bus and Brett, they haven't made definate plans to apply for reinstatment. They keep saying they have until week 6 to do it. My guess is that they weren't counting on the packers to play hardball and now that they have, they really don't have an option.
Or Favre doesn't want to go to training camp....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Trading Favre to the Vikings is one of the dumbest things I've read.
Trade him for AD and Kevin Williams.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

I know it's old news but the fact that Favre actually wouldn't mind and probably wants to go to play for the vikings really, Really pisses me off.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
I know it's old news but the fact that Favre actually wouldn't mind and probably wants to go to play for the vikings really, Really pisses me off.
That's a common feeling for a player to have when they're upset with their team. The best way to get back at them is to go and play well for a rival.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if you guys heard about it already or not but the 3 things Favre felt Thompson was untruthful/lied about and made him upset.

1. Not trading for Randy Moss

2. Letting Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle go, Rivera sucked after he left Green Bay and Wahle did alright but he is also a couple years younger then Rivera. We got new guards at the time that carried a much lower price tag then these aging vets.

3. Not interviewing Steve Mariucci for the head coaching spot after Sherman was fired. Steve happens to be one of Favres close friends.

Appartently Brett is the GM and its his job to decide who the next head coach should be, who the Packers should bring in yadda, yadda, yadda. The only move he listed that actually made some sense was trading for Moss, but even that didnt make much sense. Sure Moss put up insane numbers but did anyone see it coming? We would have had to push Greg Jennings back to the #3, James Jones back to #4 and Favre would constantly have a woody to throw deep to Moss. Moss is also an aging vet who still has time but we have a bunch of pretty good young looking guys. Who havent comanded the salary that Moss has thus far.

Favre has made it seem like throughout this whole ordeal it is all about what Brett wants. What Brett should do, blah blah blah he never once talked about the team and how close to a SB we were. Never said that we were a great young team and we had a good shot to get back to where we wanted and that he wanted to be apart of that. Mr. Favre has yet to learn there is no I in team.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I dont know if you guys heard about it already or not but the 3 things Favre felt Thompson was untruthful/lied about and made him upset.

1. Not trading for Randy Moss

2. Letting Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle go, Rivera sucked after he left Green Bay and Wahle did alright but he is also a couple years younger then Rivera. We got new guards at the time that carried a much lower price tag then these aging vets.

3. Not interviewing Steve Mariucci for the head coaching spot after Sherman was fired. Steve happens to be one of Favres close friends.

Appartently Brett is the GM and its his job to decide who the next head coach should be, who the Packers should bring in yadda, yadda, yadda. The only move he listed that actually made some sense was trading for Moss, but even that didnt make much sense. Sure Moss put up insane numbers but did anyone see it coming? We would have had to push Greg Jennings back to the #3, James Jones back to #4 and Favre would constantly have a woody to throw deep to Moss. Moss is also an aging vet who still has time but we have a bunch of pretty good young looking guys. Who havent comanded the salary that Moss has thus far.

Favre has made it seem like throughout this whole ordeal it is all about what Brett wants. What Brett should do, blah blah blah he never once talked about the team and how close to a SB we were. Never said that we were a great young team and we had a good shot to get back to where we wanted and that he wanted to be apart of that. Mr. Favre has yet to learn there is no I in team.
But there's a me in team. I think that's what Brett is going after.

And I hope that this is the realization that all Packer fans are coming to soon. It just sucks that whenever people all over the country think of Packer fans they think of drooling Favre worshipers who think their man can do no wrong and will eternally be the QB of the Green Bay Packers. Some of us actually understand some football.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any rookies been signed?

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Patrick Lee
Jermichael Finley
Jeremy Thompson
Josh Sitton
Breno Giacomini
Matt Flynn
Brett Swain

and we still have Ryan Grant to sign.

Just wondering because training camp starts next Monday July 28th and today is July 20th. Last year we had atleast some draft picks signed in June and early July, this year we still have 0. I know probably most will get signed but I just hope we can get everyone in on time because it causes setbacks.

Countdown

Training Camp- 8 days away
1st Preseason game- Aug 11th- 22 days away almost 21 now!
1st Reg season game- Sep 8th- 50 days away

Football season is almost back baby! Training camp is almost here and finally we can get the new scoop on all the Rookies and returning players.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I'm not worried about it. It's not like anyone we drafted would hold out. I mean we didn't even have a first round pick.