Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There aren't many things that I have disagreed with Ted Thompson on, but he kind of blew it cutting Jon Ryan for Frost.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I guess, I just wish we could make them into one player who could kick it to the sidelines and kick it farther than 30 yards

As stupid as it sounds (and is), I keep wishing we kept both and used Ryan when we were on our side of the field and Frost when we were in theirs

On the bright side, how about Nick Collins? Going into the season a lot of people questioned his starting job, but he's been playing at a pro bowl level all year. Very good in coverage and he's finally making plays. Also he's the only one who doesn't get penalties every game.

Unfortunately, Rouse doesn't look like the starting caliber guy I thought he was

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 09-28-2008 at 04:05 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The initial diagnosis of Aaron Rodgers' injury is a bruised throwing shoulder, coach Mike McCarthy said after today's game.

UPDATE: Rodgers said he thinks the shoulder is separated but isn't sure. Again, tests will occur tonight or Monday morning.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well hopefully the Bears lose to Philly tonight then atleast we will still be in the same position as when last week ended. Our division could look like Packers 2-2, Vikings 1-3, Bears 1-3 (hopefully), Lions 0-3.... thats pretty bad. We have Atlanta (home), Seattle (away), Colts (home) then our bye........ Hopefully going in 5-2 but probably 4-3 I hope no worse. Then Titans, Vikings, Bears, Saints, Panthers, Texans, Jaguars, Bears, Lions. So hmmmmm

The injury bug is killing us. And if Rodgers is out for awhile, we are in a world of trouble.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 09-28-2008 at 04:38 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is such a huge difference between being 3-1 and 2-2
Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

Unfortunately, Rouse doesn't look like the starting caliber guy I thought he was
He is still a year away I suppose. The guy has a ton of potential he's just not ready yet.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
On the bright side, how about Nick Collins? Going into the season a lot of people questioned his starting job, but he's been playing at a pro bowl level all year. Very good in coverage and he's finally making plays. Also he's the only one who doesn't get penalties every game.

I've been saying that all along. I still don't understand why every jumped to Rouse. Collins is much better.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I've been saying that all along. I still don't understand why every jumped to Rouse. Collins is much better.
Because Collins isnt really a playmaker, whereas Rouse got an in his first start I believe. Also Rouse is much bigger

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I was one of the guys who was highly critical of Collins, and wanted Rouse to play in his spot. I think that we can all agree now that Collins is playing better this season than he has ever played. He has been very good agaist the run and good in coverage like he has been for the last couple of years but now he's making a lot plays on the ball and forcing turnovers and is now one of our better defensive players. I can't wait to have Nick and Atari patrolling the back end of our defense again.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I was one of the guys who was highly critical of Collins, and wanted Rouse to play in his spot. I think that we can all agree now that Collins is playing better this season than he has ever played. He has been very good agaist the run and good in coverage like he has been for the last couple of years but now he's making a lot plays on the ball and forcing turnovers and is now one of our better defensive players. I can't wait to have Nick and Atari patrolling the back end of our defense again.
Bigby will be a nice boost to our defense when he gets back. Specifically in the run game. We need that extra player that'll come up and take down the ball carrier. Rouse just can't get it, he keeps missing tackles or giving weak hits that allows the runner to still get the first. Bigby will knock him backwards and can actually wrap up when needed.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Jay glazer is reporting Hawk has a torn groin. This is ridiculous. Rouse, Bigby, Jones, Hawk, Jenkins, Rodgers, Harris, and Collins. I think last years injury free season is coming back to bite the Packers in the ass.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-28-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Apparently Jay glazer is reporting Hawk has a torn groin. This is ridiculous. Rouse, Bigby, Jones, Hawk, Jenkins, Rodgers, Harris, and Collins. I think last years injury free season is coming back to bite the Packers in the ass.
Yeah, this just isn't shaping up to be a good season for us.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so injuries, Ive lost track....

In bold are the players that should be good to go next week againist the Falcons, everyone else... Not looking to good, hopefully some of them play.

Atari Bigby, hamstring - Next week - ??? This was his second game sitting out

Nick Collins, back - He played but reinjured himself so we will have to wait
apparntly could barely put his pants on.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, knee - Played and should be ready next week to

Korey Hall, knee - ??? This was his second game sitting out

Al Harris, spleen - out obvisouly

James Jones, knee - ?? Sat out after reinjuring

Kregg Lumpkin, hamstring - ?? who knows

Aaron Rouse, knee - reinjured himself so who knows how bad

Josh Sitton, knee - could have played will be off injury report

Charles Woodson, toe - Woods the man and will play next week

Aaron Rodgers, Shoulder - not looking good unless its just a bruise

AJ Hawk, Groin - Havent heard its torn yet, only that the extent is still unkown (TT088) :( hope not

Will Blackmon, quad - He returned and finished the game so thats good

Jason Hunter, hamstring - not another hammy.....

Cullen Jenkins, shoulder - reportedly could barley move his arm

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Nick Collins, back - He played but reinjured himself so we will have to wait
apparntly could barely put his pants on.
Maybe he could play pantless.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Maybe he could play pantless.
I wish it was that easy.

This injury bug ******* sucks.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Oh don't forget the icing on the cake

Quote:

Every time Charles Woodson plays in a game, the toe on his right foot hurts just as much as it did when he broke it in the regular-season opener.

That suggests the toe isn’t healing much

I don’t know,” said Woodson, who has not missed a game but has not practiced since the opening week of the regular season. “I’m struggling right now.”
Quote:
Also injured were defensive backups Jason Hunter (hamstring) and Will Blackmon (quad). Hunter did not return, but Blackmon did.
Yippie!

Are these Packers really that unlucky or just a bunch of cupcakes?

they get smoked.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So. Wow. Injuries.. wtf? Even without injuries we'd be in rough shape, considering our run game is worse than it was LAST year at this point and our run defense is beyond horrible.

If Rodger's misses any time we lose whatever games he misses. No question. Flynn is horrible. Brohm is even worse. They haven't really looked even decent for a rookie QB at any point.

Turner is going to completely destroy us.. a game that I had marked as easy win to start the season is now a game I have marked as almost a sure loss.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So. considering our run game is worse than it was LAST year at this point
I'm not sure about last game but before this week our rushing offense was statistically well ahead of where we were at this point last season. Albeit because of Rodgers.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-29-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm calling RB as our #1 need this off season.

Ryan Grant has been a bag of dicks this year. no vision. no burst. he looks for people to tackle him. but at least he fumbles a lot. brandon jackson doensn't look much better.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post

Ryan Grant has been a bag of dicks this year. no vision. no burst. he looks for people to tackle him. but at least he fumbles a lot. brandon jackson doensn't look much better.
I would imagine that a bag of dicks would be pretty hard to tackle, unless you're Paris Hilton.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post

Aside from offensive line, sure, I could see it.

they get smoked.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

IN MM's press conference on right now he said Rodgers has a shoulder sprain and Hawk didn't tear his groin. Cullen still getting looked at.

they get smoked.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we get a high pick I don't think we would have a chance to draft any running backs that would be any better than Grant. What I'm hoping for is an agile back that can run in the open field. These can be found all over the draft. Watching guys like Warrick Dunn and Leon Washington shows how crappy our backs are in the open field - they help their teams a lot and it's a dimension that is simply nonexistent for us.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our number one need still has to be on defense. We need another #1 CB, and more depth on the D line. I think someone like Tim Jamison from Michigan would be nice. We could line him up inside or out, like we do with Cullen. For cornerback, we need someone that can come in right away and play. **** this developmental player ********.

Our offensive line will come around. I'm pretty confident that we have the depth and talent to turn the running game into a positive, whether it be Grant, Jackson, Lumpkin, or some Samkon Gado bastard that we pick up.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess you guys are wishing you still had Craig Nall right about now.