Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bye week cannot come at a better time for this club. We have arguably our toughest matchup on our schedule following our bye. I like what McCarthy is doing by giving the team off until next Monday. Keeps everyone fresh for our most physical game coming up and gives the injured guys time to rehab without missing any more reps. I'm really looking forward to this game and I hope our run D holds up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3657276

Apparently the Packers are good now and Rodgers is headed to the probowl. I'm very reassured since it's coming from Lil' Wayne.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3657276

Apparently the Packers are good now and Rodgers is headed to the probowl. I'm very reassured since it's coming from Lil' Wayne.
Yep, I'm sold. I guess that means I don't have to watch the Packers for awhile, I'll see you guys in February...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the guys at EA were impressed with our secondary play.
Quote:
CB Tramon Williams – Packers – 78 to 81 – Showed he is a legitimate corner in the league by doing an excellent job on whatever Colts receiver he was on in week 7, mostly Anthony Gonzalez.
CB Will Blackmon – Packers – 73 to 77 – Along with Williams stepped up in the secondary vs. the Colts. Basically an athlete coming out of college has developed into a nickel/dime corner.
CB Charles Woodson – Packers – 92 to 93 – With the exception of losing his footing too often, has maybe displayed better instincts than any corner on his INT’s. There won’t be a better free safety if he ever makes the transition.
FS Nick Collins – Packers – 87 to 88 – Returned a gift wrapped pick for another TD Sunday vs. the Colts. Is around the ball more which could not be said about him in previous years.
The interesting part about it is that they brought up Woodson to safety again, something we haven't heard in a while. There was talk about him doing that when he was a free agent and that's why he chose us over Tampa. Well that worked out pretty well, but when he does lose his speed a bit that brings up an interesting situation. With Nick Collins breaking out we don't have a need at free safety anymore like we did in the past. However Woodson would be an awesome FS, he'd get so many picks.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson at safety was an awesome idea like 2 years ago when we had a need there but now we dont and hes still an awesome corner. I wouldnt mind certain packages with Woodson at safety but having him as an every down safety wouldnt be suitable for him, he isnt exactly the most sure open field tackler.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the defense getting healthy, I am anticipating us being competitive for the NFC Title. What's with SuperHomer Scott putting the Packers at #15 and the Vikings at #22? Vikes have either Tavaris or Gus at QB. End of line. The Packers already spanked those punks and get to chew em up again. Bears are going to be a tough out, as Orton isn't mistake-prone, but I remember watching all those rookie RBs hit the wall last year, so their run game likely won't be improving, unlike the Packers run game which will be improving given the O-line getting healthier and deeper.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let Scott have this, because I think it will be the only way he will ever see the Vikings picking in the 20's let alone 22.

But if we do pick 15, i will take Hardy :)
Old 10-25-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Woodson at safety was an awesome idea like 2 years ago when we had a need there but now we dont and hes still an awesome corner. I wouldnt mind certain packages with Woodson at safety but having him as an every down safety wouldnt be suitable for him, he isnt exactly the most sure open field tackler.
Woods shoudn't play safey at all. Right now he's the best corner in the game which is a more important position, especially in the Packers scheme.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well of course, but talking about down the road. Maybe in a couple years where he doesn't have the speed to play corner anymore.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Woods shoudn't play safey at all. Right now he's the best corner in the game which is a more important position, especially in the Packers scheme.
ehh, Nnamdi has been just ridiculous this year and is probably the best, but Woodie is definitely way up there.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when is the Jolly thing coming up? Its soon I think, really hope he isnt suspended.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
So when is the Jolly thing coming up? Its soon I think, really hope he isnt suspended.
Not sure. Him being suspended would really hurt.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I can't stand most Favre-Rodgers comparisons, but I was looking at some stats and decided to get their numbers through week 8

Favre 2007 Packers............ Aaron Rodgers 2008 Packers
2046 yards........................1668 yards
11 TDs..............................12 TDs
6 INTs...............................4 Ints
66% completion...................64.3%
12 sacks............................13 sacks
94.0 avg QB rating...............99.1 avg QB rating

Other than yards they are very similar stats.

*note for QB ratings I just averaged them out because I didn't want to do the formula to get Favre's
Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Very interesting, thanks GB12.

What's the general feeling regarding what went down over the summer with Favre?

Personally, at the time, I thought it was the right thing to do, and now it looks even more so like the right thing to have done.

Favre will always be a legend, but there comes a time when you have to move on, and Rodgers was clearly going to be the future, when Brett retired and we say Rodgers is our guy, I don't think we can then go back on that when Brett wants to come back and say to Rodgers, "just hang on another few years" because that shows no confidence in the guy at all.

It was sad how it all went down, but ultimately I'm delighted with Rodgers under center and feel very confident going into every game.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
Very interesting, thanks GB12.

What's the general feeling regarding what went down over the summer with Favre?

Personally, at the time, I thought it was the right thing to do, and now it looks even more so like the right thing to have done.

Favre will always be a legend, but there comes a time when you have to move on, and Rodgers was clearly going to be the future, when Brett retired and we say Rodgers is our guy, I don't think we can then go back on that when Brett wants to come back and say to Rodgers, "just hang on another few years" because that shows no confidence in the guy at all.

It was sad how it all went down, but ultimately I'm delighted with Rodgers under center and feel very confident going into every game.
I think this is how most people on here feel about this, at least that's how I do. We had to move on, and as much as some people would have liked to have had Favre at QB until he croaked, its starting to look like this was the right decision.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

One week until the Titans..

Do they stay undefeated until next week or do the Colts do them in?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One week until the Titans..

Do they stay undefeated until next week or do the Colts do them in?
Im still not sold on the Titans but we will see.

Sad news Andre Johnson has passed Jennings as rec yards leader. Johnson has like 770 and Jennings 680.... Roddy and others have closed the gap as well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Im still not sold on the Titans but we will see.

Sad news Andre Johnson has passed Jennings as rec yards leader. Johnson has like 770 and Jennings 680.... Roddy and others have closed the gap as well.
The gap was severely closed. If Roddy would have caught one more pass today, he would have most likely passed him. Its going to be hard to pass Andre Johnson. He is averaging over 100 yards a game.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy1717 View Post
The gap was severely closed. If Roddy would have caught one more pass today, he would have most likely passed him. Its going to be hard to pass Andre Johnson. He is averaging over 100 yards a game.
Well I'm definitely not hoping for it because I love AJ but he gets hurt a lot. Also the Texans can meltdown at any moment. On the other hand I think Jennings is seeing more attention than he's used to lately. Could be wrong but I think other teams always looked at Driver as the #1 up until the Colts game.

I hate the new layout of JSOnline. All I look at is sports, mostly the blogs, and they are harder to navigate to.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 10-27-2008 at 11:03 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm thinking we have a decent chance at upsetting the Titans next week. The Colts have a must win so they should fight them pretty hard, then the Titans have short rest while we come off our bye week pretty healthy for the first time in awhile. The Titans aren't going 16-0, so this wouldn't be a bad week to pick a loss for them.

On the other hand, the unit match ups don't look good for us. We might have to turn it into a shoot out.

It's worth noting that it was around this time last year when we played the Vikings and their top ranked run D built around the DTs and we had no running game, Grant broke out and ran all over them. Well same thing now, no running game for us and they have a top ranked run D built around Haynesworth. Lets hope history repeats.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
So I'm thinking we have a decent chance at upsetting the Titans next week. The Colts have a must win so they should fight them pretty hard, then the Titans have short rest while we come off our bye week pretty healthy for the first time in awhile. The Titans aren't going 16-0, so this wouldn't be a bad week to pick a loss for them.

On the other hand, the unit match ups don't look good for us. We might have to turn it into a shoot out.

It's worth noting that it was around this time last year when we played the Vikings and their top ranked run D built around the DTs and we had no running game, Grant broke out and ran all over them. Well same thing now, no running game for us and they have a top ranked run D built around Haynesworth. Lets hope history repeats.
I think if we come into the game with the same gameplan we had vs. the Vikings I think we can win. They are pretty similar.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I think if we beat the Titans (assuming they are still undefeated), Aaron Rodgers will have risen above the Favre story and into becoming his own. He has to take that next step until being known as Aaron Rodgers, not Brett Favre's replacement.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think if we beat the Titans (assuming they are still undefeated), Aaron Rodgers will have risen above the Favre story and into becoming his own. He has to take that next step until being known as Aaron Rodgers, not Brett Favre's replacement.
Also doesn't hurt that Favre has thrown 11 interceptions (well on my way to a prediction of 20+) and his team looks very mediocre and has really won in SPITE of him (plus he threw away the Raiders game.)

Titans are still undefeated. Beat down on the Colts. I have no idea what to think of this game.. we're basically a better version of the Colts (bad run D, not great run O, pass-oriented O.) Our defense is obviously quite better than the Colts overall, though, and our offense is definitely better as well. Should be interesting. I love our D against Collins and think if we can just load up the box and stop the run even minimal secondary will get takeaways.

That defense should completely stop our running game and force us to rely on Rodgers.

I see a low-scoring game, honestly. Should be interesting and would be a huge boost for our team.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

For some reason I see a high scoring bout. Maybe 30 something to 20 something. 34-28 seems around there. Titans have a chance at a two minute offense to come back and win but cant get it done through the air. My bold prediction.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not as confident as some of you guys. I think they match up really well against us but it could all depend on our injuries.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote