Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so is Jags gone now or at the end of the season?

EDIT: we just got an extra page for no reason. i'm confused

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope

I think it's the end of the season.

And that happens on some of the bigger threads.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope

I think it's the end of the season.

And that happens on some of the bigger threads.
When are we gunna find some coaches and hang onto them. Nick Barnett has yet to play for the same condinator twice
Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
With the Eagle win today, it makes things very interesting for the Packers. Looking back at it now, it seems like there are now less variables for the Packers making it to the playoffs. Again the Packers must win out. 49ers will be eliminated by the Broncos and the Panthers will be eliminated by the Saints

Giants- Saints, at Redskins
This one is easy, the Giants must lose out. Saints, I think, are a much better team than the Giants and the Giants will not be able to control the Saints offense. The big game will be at Washington. Washington showed today they are a dangerous team, and hopefully they can beat the Giants. Final record: 7-9

Eagles- at Cowboys, Falcons
Cowboys game does not matter much for Packer fans next week but the the Eagles must beat the Falcons. Watching the Giants-Eagles game today, I don't think that's too hard too assume. The Eagles will still be fighting for a playoff position and will not sit any starters out against the Falcons. With the Falcons loss, the Packers will win the second wild card.

So here is the best show the Packers get into the playoffs. Looking back at it now, it seems to be an easier road than the one I originally proposed. Games Packer fans must watch for and teams Packer fans must root for are in old bold

Week 16:
Vikings at Packers
Saints at Giants

Week 17:
Bears at Packers
Falcons at Eagles
Panthers at Saints
49ers at Broncos
Giants at Redskins

As long as the Packers win out, the only real upset the Packers would need would be a Redskins win over the Giants. Other than that, it's very possible.
I guess those don't need to happen. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=543016
the rams must lose though.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.packers.com/history/recor...s/favre_watch/

These are all the records that Favre is close to breaking. 2 more years and he will have the record for most consecutive games started by ANYONE. It's a shame I don't think he will get that one.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/individual_records/favre_watch/

These are all the records that Favre is close to breaking. 2 more years and he will have the record for most consecutive games started by ANYONE. It's a shame I don't think he will get that one.
It'd be 3 seasons. 2 would leave him 3 short.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:00 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh, haha. Well, if they make the playoffs this year, and win a playoff game next year he is tied. Me and my fuzzy math.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
oh, haha. Well, if they make the playoffs this year, and win a playoff game next year he is tied. Me and my fuzzy math.
With Playoff games is a different stat
Old 12-19-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Aaron Kampman is tenth in the entire league in defensive votes, A.J. Hawk leads all defensive rookies and isn't far off of the leading vote getter at outside linebacker.

http://nfl.com/probowl/balloting_final

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

You know, providing the Packers win out, it doesn't look too unlikely that they could make the playoffs. It seems likely that Atlanta will lose one of the 2 remaining games, probably to Carolina. St. Louis is iffy, playing Washington and Minnesota, but still not too bad. The Giants are the one to be worried about. They SHOULD lose to NO, but then they also have to lose to Washington.

So I am definitely cheering for Washington to win out.

DAMN THAT ST. LOUIS GAME, OR THE NO GAME, OR THE BUFFALO GAME. Had we won any of those we would control our own destiny.(I think)
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the reports say Jags is gone, but MM has not acknowledged it yet. I like his interviews more than Sherman's. I think MM is a little more straight-up, and if there's something he doesn't want to talk about, he says that he doesn't want to talk about it rather than give an answer that avoids the topic.

The defense is looking like they are starting to click, finally. If they had that fire and intensity early in the year, those close games could have gone our way and we'd be challenging for the 5th seed. That being said, do you think Sanders will be brought back for next year? The defense is giving up a lot of points, they gave up a lot of big plays and I was sure Sanders was going to get fired after the Pats/Jets debacles. Now, I'm not so sure. If the defense does as good a job the next two weeks against non-Lions teams, he might get another year.

What do you all think about the defense? I like what Harris (TT: PAY THE MAN ALREADY!) and Woodson (where's all those comments about how GB overpaid for him? Too bad he wasn't 100% in pre-season so he could have been a receiver) have done. The D-line looks great. Sherman actually left the D-line with some good players. I LOVE Kenkins as the starter opposite Kampman. If KGB could get a sack or two a game as the thrid down back, I'd still keep him around. Pickett has been consistent and a good player, and C. Williams has done a good job this year. I expected more out of Cole this year, but maybe he just hasn't had the PT with Pickett in there. Safety remains a big issue and it'd be nice to have three starting quality CBs, but not many teams have that anyways. I'd like to see Harris paid and Barnett extended with some of the 30 million in cap room they have for next year. If they front load those contracts, then if you cut them later you don't get hurt as much by it.

The offense looks like it needs a couple good FA pickups like the defense received, along with a continuation of finding good draftees. TE is giving nothing right now, WR is weak, the line has very little depth, RB is OK to me, and I'm worried about the health of the QBs.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The Pro Bowl rosters have been released and DONALD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!! and Aaron Kampman have made the initial roster, Driver has made it over the big names in the NFC WR core.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
The Pro Bowl rosters have been released and DONALD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!! and Aaron Kampman have made the initial roster, Driver has made it over the big names in the NFC WR core.
they bolth deserved it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

i cant believe Woodson didnt make it, he leads the NFC with 6 pics and hes playing awsome.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
i cant believe Woodson didnt make it, he leads the NFC with 6 pics and hes playing awsome.
well that is because dante hall was having a much more impressive season........... :roll:

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Thats totally bogus, Harris deserves to go also IMO.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:20 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
well that is because dante hall was having a much more impressive season........... :roll:
U mean deangelo hall right.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Who cares about the Pro Bowl? It's a bunch of guys playing flag football for fun in Hawaii.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Who cares about the Pro Bowl? It's a bunch of guys playing flag football for fun in Hawaii.
Oh but it's sooo much more than that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
I think it was Kyle Turley that said, "the pro bowl might as well be called the popularity bowl." It's quite true
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490
Quote:
Thats totally bogus, Harris deserves to go also IMO.
I don't know about that... they are bolth the starting corners for one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

they get smoked.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

I don't want to rub it in or anything but I get to go to the game on Thursday!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
kool man nice have fun

i get to go to the ravens playoffs home games
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
**** NFL Network.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

AP IS GONE

i think is out of our picture i dont even see us as a top 10 anymore
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote