Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
I don't want to rub it in or anything but I get to go to the game on Thursday!
*********** NFL Network.
Where are you? I get the game on a local channel.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm so mad at NFL Network :evil:

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
i'm so mad at NFL Network :evil:
It's on nfl network??
Old 12-20-2006, 11:56 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, NFL Network Thursday night game.

Jags officially gone, Philbin likely top take his place. I was hoping that after Atlanta lost their last two games and Jim Mora gets fired, that we could pry Alex Gibbs away from Atlanta to be our offensive line consultant.

Tausher should be starting, which is a big difference against the 'Queens.

And a little something on Al Harris (show him the money!):
Harris has been pushing his teammate, cornerback Charles Woodson for the Pro Bowl, and with six interceptions it was thought he might have a chance. But Harris was also hoping it was his turn after allowing just 1½ touchdowns despite continually matching up with the opposition's top receiver. -jsonline.com

BF51 was running his mouth about how Harris had been burned so many times and how many TDs Harris had given up. Guess what? That's 3.5 over the last 30 games, or about 1 TD every ten games. Given that GB is giving up 25 points per game or so, Al Harris is definately NOT the problem.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats going on you guys? start talking. this is vikings week!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Whats going on you guys? start talking. this is vikings week!
Vikings suck.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was excited for us getting a chance to beat up on Brad Johnson but now hes benched. Thats one less sorry vicking ass we get to kick tomorrow.

That pic a few pages back from when the vikings lost to AZ which got GB into the playoffs is my favorite NFL moment.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wat has to happen for the pack to make the payoffs?
like wat teams has to lose n stuff...

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36
look through the past couple pages.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
BF51 was running his mouth about how Harris had been burned so many times and how many TDs Harris had given up. Guess what? That's 3.5 over the last 30 games, or about 1 TD every ten games. Given that GB is giving up 25 points per game or so, Al Harris is definately NOT the problem.

Find me any thread or post anywhere in which I said Harris has been burned so many times or how many TD he's given up.

You completely made that up. For what reason I have no idea.

All I've said was, in response to numerous posts stating that Harris has never allowed a WR to beat him, is that in two games this year he's allowed the man across from him to get over 100 yards.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Find me any thread or post anywhere in which I said Harris has been burned so many times or how many TD he's given up.

All I've said was, in response to numerous posts stating that Harris has never allowed a WR to beat him, is that in two games this year he's allowed the man across from him to get over 100 yards.
There's no way of telling if Harris was actually at fault for all of those yards. The #1 receivers could have been lined up away from Harris. Even so, Harris had an excellent year and is among the best cornerbacks in the league.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:
Quote:

There's no way of telling if Harris was actually at fault for all of those yards. The #1 receivers could have been lined up away from Harris. Even so, Harris had an excellent year and is among the best cornerbacks in the league.
I know for a fact Moose got his 100 yards playing almost entirely across from Al Harris cause I have the tape. I have no idea about the other games.

I never said Harris wasn't a very good corner, there are just some Packers homers making completely false statements and when proved false they get upset about it. You can make a good case that Al Harris is a probowl corner without lying.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know for a fact Moose got his 100 yards playing almost entirely across from Al Harris cause I have the tape. I have no idea about the other games.

I never said Harris wasn't a very good corner, there are just some Packers homers making completely false statements and when proved false they get upset about it. You can make a good case that Al Harris is a probowl corner without lying.
I think a lot of fans are just trying to get a rise out of Packers fans by making Al Harris out to be a mediocre corner. No corner in the league is unbeatable. Even Champ Bailey has given up 100 yard games to receivers. The fact is that Harris is one of the best in the business. Why not just accept that instead of prodding Packers fans into getting into arguments with you?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Packer homers in a Packers Forum...but why? :roll:

^tek
Old 12-20-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This was in the NFL forum. Regardless, homer or not, making up things is just stupid regardless.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

how do you think the stats will look like

(4) VS (7)
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Favre: 28-40 350 3 TDs and 1 INT

Tavaris: 13-25 175 1 TD 2 INTs

^tek
Old 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

thats about of yards

but i hope woodson has a 2 int game

i want him to get 10 on the year :D
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

thats about of yards

Ya but if Pennington can put up 339 IN Minnesota, then Favre could put up 300+ at home.

I'd like Woodson to get to 10 also. Not because I especially like him or anything, but it would at least make me feel slightly better about that monster contract we gave him.

^tek
Old 12-20-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think a lot of fans are just trying to get a rise out of Packers fans by making Al Harris out to be a mediocre corner. No corner in the league is unbeatable. Even Champ Bailey has given up 100 yard games to receivers. The fact is that Harris is one of the best in the business. Why not just accept that instead of prodding Packers fans into getting into arguments with you?
Because most of the time Packer fans start it, and all that praising from some homeristic packer fan just turns them off more.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
slightly confusing article, but it explains it thouroughly

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...sibilities.pdf

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

thats about of yards

Ya but if Pennington can put up 339 IN Minnesota, then Favre could put up 300+ at home.

I'd like Woodson to get to 10 also. Not because I especially like him or anything, but it would at least make me feel slightly better about that monster contract we gave him.
The contract is heavily front loaded. We would have just ate the money anyway. So might as well use it, especially on someone who has helped as much as he has.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:

He skipped right over strength of victory, which the giants are way ahead from what I've read. They pretty much have to lose both
Old 12-20-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This was in the NFL forum. Regardless, homer or not, making up things is just stupid regardless.
Since when is in not leagal to be a homer in a team specific thread
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:

He skipped right over strength of victory, which the giants are way ahead from what I've read. They pretty much have to lose both
some one has it in their location