Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
God I agree with that post above..

Anyways, with all the Hall of Fame stuff going on I was wondering a few things. Do the Packers have any HOF'ers? I mean C. Woodson as revived his career and has pretty solid stats, but I don't see anyone else who could even be in discussion right now.

As far as the Packer's Hall of Fame, Mr. Driver is a lock..anyone else?
Sharpe> Donald and Butler> Donald.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
but if your friend is better then you at this point of your career and has worked harder then you have then yes you should be fired.
But you would still be pissed. At least I would. Favre is a competitor, you can't fault him for this. If you do, you obviously haven't competed at a high level before.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
But you would still be pissed. At least I would. Favre is a competitor, you can't fault him for this. If you do, you obviously haven't competed at a high level before.
Favre has to learn that overtime you have to be mature and move on. Rodgers was a back up for 3 years, you didn't see him acting that way. You think Rodgers enjoyed not playing?

I would have been pissed but I would have moved on. And yes I have competed at a high level before and worked my *** off, that is how I won the starting job for my High School football team. I showed the coaches I was the better player.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings is on pace, but I would have said the same thing about Ahman Green a few years back. No one on the Packers has a shot, as of now, to make the HOF. The only ones who I can possibly see making the HOF are Jennings, and Barnett. I very highly doubt either of them make it. But they are the only ones near the top of their position right now.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Favre has to learn that overtime you have to be mature and move on. Rodgers was a back up for 3 years, you didn't see him acting that way. You think Rodgers enjoyed not playing?

I would have been pissed but I would have moved on. And yes I have competed at a high level before and worked my *** off, that is how I won the starting job for my High School football team. I showed the coaches I was the better player.
I would have taken Favre over Rodgers this year. High school is not a high level, sorry, but thats the truth. But that is besides the point. The people with the cut throat mentality are the ones who play beyond high school, the ones that would rather die than lose make the pros(plus they are amazing athletes.) Favre is a competitor, if he wasn't he wouldnt have been in the league for so long(at all really.) Brett Favre is an NFL legend, he is a top 5 QB of all time, he gave the Packers a better chance to win this year than Rodgers did. I think the entire situation was a complete clusterfuck. Favre handled it poorly, but so did TT. I do not fault Favre for not talking to Rodgers, not in the slightest. If I was in the same position I would be pissed off too. I would imagine Favre feels like Rodgers stabbed him in the back.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
I would have taken Favre over Rodgers this year. High school is not a high level, sorry, but thats the truth. But that is besides the point. The people with the cut throat mentality are the ones who play beyond high school, the ones that would rather die than lose make the pros(plus they are amazing athletes.) Favre is a competitor, if he wasn't he wouldnt have been in the league for so long(at all really.) Brett Favre is an NFL legend, he is a top 5 QB of all time, he gave the Packers a better chance to win this year than Rodgers did. I think the entire situation was a complete clusterfuck. Favre handled it poorly, but so did TT. I do not fault Favre for not talking to Rodgers, not in the slightest. If I was in the same position I would be pissed off too. I would imagine Favre feels like Rodgers stabbed him in the back.
What did Rodgers do wrong? is it wrong of him to listen to the coaches and GM when they say he is the starting qb of the Packers...all he did was do his job, if Favre is mad at anyone it should be TT and MM. They are the ones who didn't want Favre back as the Packers QB, not Rodgers. Rodgers got his chance to be the Packers qb and ran with it.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we were finished with all the finger pointing from this past off-season's ordeal. It was handled poorly by both parties but it's time to move on.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:42 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What did Rodgers do wrong? is it wrong of him to listen to the coaches and GM when they say he is the starting qb of the Packers...all he did was do his job, if Favre is mad at anyone it should be TT and MM. They are the ones who didn't want Favre back as the Packers QB, not Rodgers. Rodgers got his chance to be the Packers qb and ran with it.
Rodgers did nothing wrong, I'm sure Favre is mad at TT and MM also. But seriously think about it, if you got fired and a friend of yours got the job you used to have, would you really be ok with it? I know for damn sure I wouldn't be I would be pissed at my "friend" for betraying me. That is what Favre sees Rodgers having done. Personally, I don't blame him. Rodgers took his place, I would be pissed off too.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Rodgers did nothing wrong, I'm sure Favre is mad at TT and MM also. But seriously think about it, if you got fired and a friend of yours got the job you used to have, would you really be ok with it? I know for damn sure I wouldn't be I would be pissed at my "friend" for betraying me. That is what Favre sees Rodgers having done. Personally, I don't blame him. Rodgers took his place, I would be pissed off too.
Would you consider Rodgers and Favre true friends? I mean yeah they played on the same team for 3 years but Rodgers said the relationship got better as the years went on, that means they weren't such great friends.

I understand where your coming from but Favre should know this best, its a business, then everything else last. It was a disaster all together and I for one am fed up with this.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 02-01-2009 at 03:50 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
If this "friend" happened to just walk into my job then yeah, I probably would be pissed. If I had been "mentoring" this "friend" over the past 3 years ready for him to eventually take my place, would I pissed? Doubtful.

Favre knew that what happened last off-season was going to happen sooner or later, no matter how much he wants to carry on playing. Favre knew this franchise had a decision to make regarding it's future, I personally feel it was the correct one and we have a QB who I am truly happy to have here, we can build our team around him, if we had kept Favre we would have had the EXACT same problems this off-season to last, we wouldn't have won the superbowl, so why bother delaying it, and start re-building sooner rather than later and delaying the inevitable?

Favre knew it was going to happen, it was a messy situation but I fail to see how Rodgers can be at fault for ANY of what happened. Favre can be pissed at TT/MM sure, but Rodgers, why?

Anyway, I'm fed up with the whole Favre debate. That's my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by UK_Cheesehead : 02-01-2009 at 02:04 PM.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm "retiring". I'm pretty serious too, as I'm removing the site from my list of bookmarks on Firefox, haha. I had a good time, and you guys are all great. Go Packers!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Well, I'm "retiring". I'm pretty serious too, as I'm removing the site from my list of bookmarks on Firefox, haha. I had a good time, and you guys are all great. Go Packers!
Well, take care, good luck w/ school and go packers!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ 40 seconds away from a SB win. Given that team and their weaknesses, I think with Capers on board and some growth on our defense, we should be competing for the Norris Division title and maybe more. Go Pack!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, Doug Pederson was just hired by the Eagles to be some sort of offensive coach. Talk about a career backup, what a life.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting, Doug Pederson was just hired by the Eagles to be some sort of offensive coach. Talk about a career backup, what a life.
Should be a good fit. His second time around in Green Bay he kind of seemed like an extra coach. I've always liked Doug Pederson. We would have been in big trouble if he was ever needed, but he was nice to have as a back up QB. Perfect guy to be behind Favre.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't he hired to be a QB coach? He should already be a seasoned vet in that department.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Wasn't he hired to be a QB coach? He should already be a seasoned vet in that department.
Yeah I am pretty sure that is it.. But haha your right, he's been a coach for the past however many years he's been in the NFL. Maybe not totally, but close.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG Pepperzz to GB! Take the story for what its worth,probably complete BS. Interesting scenario non-the less.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by GB12 : 02-03-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Rival site
Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
OMG Pepperzz to GB! Take the story for what its worth,probably complete BS. Interesting scenario non-the less.
give me draft picks and a young guy rather then trading him for Peppers. We still wouldn't know how well he would do in a 34.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports....html#comments

doesn't seem likely now.

Last edited by GB12 : 02-04-2009 at 12:18 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
give me draft picks and a young guy rather then trading him for Peppers. We still wouldn't know how well he would do in a 34.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports....html#comments

doesn't seem likely now.
I don't think it was ever likely, but that article does not guarantee he would be moved.

they get smoked.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, please don't post anything thing from that site here.

It's a terrible site with awful "news" stories and a crappy forum filled with a bunch of casual fans and stupid posters. It also fits under the rival site category which is against the rules, although there's enough reason to not post from there even if it didn't break the rules.

That is a post written by some guy on their forum. He's not even a journalist and has zero credibility. He's not a very informed or intelligent fan at that either. News that Kampman would be a key part of our defense next year came out weeks ago and he's saying that he'll likely be traded. The post overall was crap too. The majority of posters in this thread could and do post better stuff than that.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its pretty pointless now as we've changed defensive schemes but anyone wanna give me some feedback on my efforts in the expansion team forum mock. It was my first go at one of these.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...3&postcount=16

Couple of notes: Poppinga was taken in the expansion draft, Ruvell Martin was traded to the Giants. Salary cap money was spent on extensions to Jennings and Collins - with relatively large cap figures in the first year.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
greenbaysurf

what up guys"? im new to the forum but not to any of the recent news. i want to talk draft picks all the way through the first day. We need OLB,NT,SS,TE,OT,RB. FA'S peppers, haynsworth, suggs, larry johnson. draft freaks... raji, orakpo, english, mauluga, ian johnson, micheal robinson,.... im down with capers, greene(wish he was playing),trogvoc, etc. slocum it great, i actually sat down and talked with him his very first night in Geebs at margaritas in 06. nice guy and should be a decent sp. teams coach.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Michael Robinson? I agree with your needs but not RB or TE.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
greenbaysurf

we need a chris johnson.... someone who can run the edges, screens, west coast routes, and return job.