Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
greenbaysurf

maybe brandon jackson is that but i havent seen it consistanly; and maybe thats cuz he didn't get the oppertunity last season. WE JUST NEED GRANT TO HIT THE CUTBACK LANE....please, thats how he got 975 in ten games in 07, plant the foot and cutback. ps. anyone whaching wis beatdown ill?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying that for years...Chris Johnson would be great but I'm willing to settle for a Leon Washington or Jerious Norwood. Grant really struggled last year. He got the rock a ton of times and never broke out. Some of it was blocking problems but we played against 2 deep safeties every single game and Grant still couldn't consistently get those 4-5 yard runs. I was to see BJax get involved more, maybe even Lumkpin or Wynn as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was interesting that a big reason why Trgovac game to GB was because of the town and atmosphere. GB might not be the big city all FAs want but at least some players will want to come here and play for a championship. Coaches, atleast, it seems like.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I thought it was interesting that a big reason why Trgovac game to GB was because of the town and atmosphere. GB might not be the big city all FAs want but at least some players will want to come here and play for a championship. Coaches, atleast, it seems like.
Not all players are attention whores grew up in New York/Houston/LA. They can like smaller towns too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read this article by Rick Gosselin ranking special teams units. We came 27th and were last in kick return average and penalties.

Now I thought it would be our punting game dragging us down but I suppose Blackmon taking a few punts to the house made me assume that our KR game was pretty good. So do we need a KR?

Link
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.38f0fd2.html

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Blackmon as a KR is overrated. He's too all or nothing for me. I'd take the consistent field position over a few big returns any day.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

I'm fine with Blackmon as a returner, especially a PR. I wouldn't mind replacing Jordyzzz on the KR unit though. Maybe have both Blackmon and Tramon Williams? Williams showed a little potential as a returner a year ago.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon is fine. If he gets decent blocking he can be even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I'm fine with Blackmon as a returner, especially a PR. I wouldn't mind replacing Jordyzzz on the KR unit though. Maybe have both Blackmon and Tramon Williams? Williams showed a little potential as a returner a year ago.
Nelson is back there because he can block. Blackmon is the primary kick returner; if the ball is anywhere near him he takes it. Nelson is there as a blocker that has the ability to return if Blackmon can't get to it.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With favre's retirement after one season we lose a 7th rounder o the Jets, but I believe it's next years'?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
With favre's retirement after one season we lose a 7th rounder o the Jets, but I believe it's next years'?
Yes. From Kevin Seifert at espn.com:

Brett Favre's retirement announcement Wednesday essentially finalized the terms of the trade that sent him from Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer.

The Packers will get a 2009 third-round pick, a conditional premium resulting from Favre's 2008 playing time. But as numerous media outlets have pointed out, the Packers will have to send the Jets a seventh-round pick in 2010 because Favre will have played only one season for the Jets.

Those terms would change only if Favre plays for the Jets in 2009. If he returns to play for another team, the terms won't change. If the Jets trade him to an NFC North team, they'll have to send the Packers three first-round draft picks.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

So is it obvious now we made the right move with Favre?

He tanked the second half of the season and retired. Rodgers played consistently well all year and we were able to give him a long term contract.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He tanked the second half of the season and retired. Rodgers played consistently well all year and we were able to give him a long term contract.
Favre was hurt the last 5 or 6 games of the year. Which I have no doubt that the injury played a huge factor in his poor play down the stretch.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Who cares? It is what it is, with that said, I'm happy with Aaron at QB. I just want that 3rd rounder to become a starter on defense.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Harrell's chances next year. The new conditioning coach is a genius.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Combine is next week. Who are some prospects you're looking out for, aside from the obvious first rounders?

My list is filled with 4th round talent but still:
Jeremiah Johnson, RB Oregon
Coye Francies, CB San Jose State
Mitch King, DL Iowa
Domonique Johnson, CB Jackson State

Not many others I'm particulary interested in seeing that pertain to the Packers needs

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like mitch king a lot but the guy i am really looking forward to seeing is jarron gilbert. He is a guy that could be our 2nd round pick
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.
From Peter King. Well, at least everyone knows the real reason for definite now.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
From Peter King. Well, at least everyone knows the real reason for definite now.
Nothing new.I assumed everyone knew this all along...

Also, re-sign Taush, yay or nay?

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-16-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Can I go in between with a meh?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

nay, we'll be lucky to get 1 good year from him. I'd rather draft somebody in round 2 or go with Breno.

Also I'm still hoping Smith or Smith drops to #9 and even though it wouldn't be a great fit, they could spend a year at RT until Clifton moves on. Jason Smith has been at the top of my wish list for months now but his stock has steadily risen above our heads, sadly. Same thing happened with Amobi Okoye, Marshawn Lynch, and Mario Williams.

There are a lot of good options that we could go with at #41. I don't see any plug and play starters but the OL is all about building the best group and letting the cream rise to the top naturally, IMO.

Edit: Fred Taylor was realeased, SIGN HIM!!!
Yeah he's an older RB, but he's not done. He won't be a break the bank FA. He's been playing in a RBBC and he can come play in ours. He would bring an awesome spark to our running game. Our RB stable would be pretty scary with a cheap addition, IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mark will be re-sign for a year or two at a lower price because of the injury. That'll also allow the team to develop Breno a bit more and see how he'll fit at the position.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nay, we'll be lucky to get 1 good year from him. I'd rather draft somebody in round 2 or go with Breno.

Also I'm still hoping Smith or Smith drops to #9 and even though it wouldn't be a great fit, they could spend a year at RT until Clifton moves on. Jason Smith has been at the top of my wish list for months now but his stock has steadily risen above our heads, sadly. Same thing happened with Amobi Okoye, Marshawn Lynch, and Mario Williams.

There are a lot of good options that we could go with at #41. I don't see any plug and play starters but the OL is all about building the best group and letting the cream rise to the top naturally, IMO.

Edit: Fred Taylor was realeased, SIGN HIM!!!
Yeah he's an older RB, but he's not done. He won't be a break the bank FA. He's been playing in a RBBC and he can come play in ours. He would bring an awesome spark to our running game. Our RB stable would be pretty scary with a cheap addition, IMO.
no thanks on Fred. Jackson showed a lot of promise last year and would rather give him more carries.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I see Taylor as an immediate upgrade as a 2. Jackson would still see him on 3rd downs. The NFL isn't about developing running backs...it's pretty much what you see is what you get at that position. Yeah he might get a little better in pass pro but it's really rare to see a running back break out after being in the league for awhile.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do we know that Taylor will be the same running back he was before injury and younger? He is 33 and had an injury that ended his season plus he only average 3.9 yards a carry, he had an average season. Right now I want to see more of Jackson.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
rumfinator
Rookie

rumfinator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am on the side of Brandon Jackson. I think he can eventually be the number one and a scary number one at that. He has great size at 210-220, excellent speed, and can catch....I like Fred Taylor but he is older and wouldn't offer anything other than veteran leadership.
rumfinator is offline   Reply With Quote