Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
WITH THIS WHOLE FRED SMOOT THING.....I was at the game only a couple seats down where this happened. After they returned it for the touchdown, the biqueens were taunting the packer fans and when they jumped up, the packer fans simply pushed them away and as they pushed a guys beer spilt. If anyone is classless here its the Vikings. I dont understand how you can possibly defend them here, unless you're undecided on your sex, like cards. On another note, I see the defense is coming around. If it wasn't for Brees, Woodson would be the best free agent signing of the year. I think he's exceeded expectations. BTW, I got to talk to Brittnay Favre for a couple seconds!
those fans did more than just accidently spill a beer on smoot , and i'm glad they did, i woudl like to give each and everyone of them a pat on the back beause i would have done the same thing to a viking.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:42 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those fans were completely justified in what they did...Are the Vikings the Packers biggest rival?
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
BTW did anyone see the fans pouring beer all over fred smoot? ahahahah that was great
That's completely classless.
your a girl, this is football, not the ice capads or the kentucky derby. smoot tried to do the lambeua leap and piss off green bay fans , so they let him have it.
You don't pour beer on somebody.
I agree, it's a waste of good beer. They should have just poked him in the eye or spit in his face... Smoot's not good enough to have a quality hops product used to make his stanking arse smell better...
Old 12-22-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Here's a five-round Green Bay mock I've been working on.

First Round Selection: Reggie Nelson, DB, Florida.

Second Round Selection: Craig "Buster" Davis, WR, L.S.U.

Third Round Selection: Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland.

Fourth Round Selection: Tyrone Moss, RB, Miami.

Fifth Round Selection: Brandon Frye, OT, Virginia Tech.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim

No way Wilson is there in the 3rd. You would have to take him first round if you wanted him.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BTW did anyone see the fans pouring beer all over fred smoot? ahahahah that was great
That's completely classless.
your a girl, this is football, not the ice capads or the kentucky derby. smoot tried to do the lambeua leap and piss off green bay fans , so they let him have it.
You don't pour beer on somebody.
I agree, it's a waste of good beer. They should have just poked him in the eye or spit in his face... Smoot's not good enough to have a quality hops product used to make his stanking arse smell better...
only one guy got kicked out from the whole ordeal
Old 12-22-2006, 06:05 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like two DBs being selected. Would you be having Nelson as the SS? I also like picking another 2nd round WR. Good selections over all, but I don't see a small school represented, nor trading down for more picks, which seem to me to be definative TT trademarks. I like grabbing an R4 RB, especially given how Miami RBs have turned out.

The other thing I don't see is a TE. Are you planning on breaking the bank and getting Tony Gonzalez? Maybe Martrez Milner in R3? For what it's worth, Chris Collinsworth said in Thursday's pregame he believed that TE was Green Bay's biggest need area. After seeing Bubba almost give away the game, and how bad the TEs have been as a group this year, GB needs a TE in the worst of ways. Depending on which underclassmen come out, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a TE at around 18-20 if GB ends up there after winning their last game. What type of season would Driver and Favre have had if Bubba hadn't dropped a dozen balls and had the fumbles he had? Donald Lee ddi next to nothing this year, and David Martin started to get it going but he's another brittle boy.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just curious.... I thin tony G is going to be a UFA, should TT try and pick him up from the cheifs?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just curious.... I thin tony G is going to be a UFA, should TT try and pick him up from the cheifs?

no, i think that TT will try and improve the TE position with more youth. i think that it will be addressed in the draft. Although i would love to see him in Green and Gold if Favre comes back.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Quote:

I like two DBs being selected. Would you be having Nelson as the SS? I also like picking another 2nd round WR. Good selections over all, but I don't see a small school represented, nor trading down for more picks, which seem to me to be definative TT trademarks. I like grabbing an R4 RB, especially given how Miami RBs have turned out.

The other thing I don't see is a TE. Are you planning on breaking the bank and getting Tony Gonzalez? Maybe Martrez Milner in R3? For what it's worth, Chris Collinsworth said in Thursday's pregame he believed that TE was Green Bay's biggest need area. After seeing Bubba almost give away the game, and how bad the TEs have been as a group this year, GB needs a TE in the worst of ways. Depending on which underclassmen come out, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a TE at around 18-20 if GB ends up there after winning their last game. What type of season would Driver and Favre have had if Bubba hadn't dropped a dozen balls and had the fumbles he had? Donald Lee ddi next to nothing this year, and David Martin started to get it going but he's another brittle boy.
Good points, Johbur. I didn't do any trading down because people always get silly about "how can you predict what's going to be traded".

I would have Nelson play safety in training camp, but also be insurance if Al Harris starts a hissy fit in the off season about more money. That's why I thought he was the best pick in round one for us.

I do understand the tight end needs, but I think Green Bay needs another WR like Craig Davis who has excellent hands and big play ability. Do you really want another year of Ruvell Martins and Chris Francisies? I think Holliday could develop into a good player, but our receiving core is very lackluster beyond Driver.

Tyrone Moss was picked because I love the way he runs and think he would be steal in the fourth round. I agree with the Miami producing good NFL backs as well.

I just don't a lot about this tight end class as opposed to other positions, maybe that's a lack of research or maybe because nobody has really jumped out on me.

I think Josh Wilson has a lot of potential, but I don't think he's a first rounder at all. Despite the fact that he'll have insane speed at the combine and other numbers. Especially with Marcus from Fresno State having all the triangle numbers.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:

no, i think that TT will try and improve the TE position with more youth. i think that it will be addressed in the draft. Although i would love to see him in Green and Gold if Favre comes back.
I think we need to do it through FA. Either Gonzolaz or Eric Johnson.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink

I don't think Tony Gonzalez is going to be an UFA
Old 12-22-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Good points, Johbur. I didn't do any trading down because people always get silly about "how can you predict what's going to be traded".

I would have Nelson play safety in training camp, but also be insurance if Al Harris starts a hissy fit in the off season about more money. That's why I thought he was the best pick in round one for us.

I do understand the tight end needs, but I think Green Bay needs another WR like Craig Davis who has excellent hands and big play ability. Do you really want another year of Ruvell Martins and Chris Francisies? I think Holliday could develop into a good player, but our receiving core is very lackluster beyond Driver.

Tyrone Moss was picked because I love the way he runs and think he would be steal in the fourth round. I agree with the Miami producing good NFL backs as well.

I just don't a lot about this tight end class as opposed to other positions, maybe that's a lack of research or maybe because nobody has really jumped out on me.

I think Josh Wilson has a lot of potential, but I don't think he's a first rounder at all. Despite the fact that he'll have insane speed at the combine and other numbers. Especially with Marcus from Fresno State having all the triangle numbers.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
I don't think Tony Gonzalez is going to be an UFA
He is but will probably stay in KC.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:

I think Jennings will be our DD replacement so there are people behind him. Remember we still have Koren and Fergy in the bank. TE is a need because I think the way favre plays, he needs that safety valve. Now I know favre won't be around very long and the TE for one year seems stupid but it would be a great safety blanket for any young QB.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
I think Jennings will be our DD replacement so there are people behind him. Remember we still have Koren and Fergy in the bank. TE is a need because I think the way favre plays, he needs that safety valve. Now I know favre won't be around very long and the TE for one year seems stupid but it would be a great safety blanket for any young QB.
Robinson is out the first I think it's 4 games, and who knows what will happen with him besides that. As for Ferguson, I wouldn't be surprised if he was let go this offseason.

I'd like to see TT go after Drew Bennet. He is the tall pssesion reciever that we need and would move the need for a WR in the draft down far.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
mancl
Rookie

mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.

At this stage of his career Gonzalez says his top priority it to play for a winning team. Don't think the Pack can guarantee that.
mancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:16 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Tony G is getting old and not worth a look
2. Eric Johnson is ingury prone do you guys want a new Martin?
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN
4. True Maimi has produced alot of good running backs but IMO, Tyrone Moss isnt going to be one of them.

My mock draft:

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Maimi
2. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville or Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St
3. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Maimi
4. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
5. Eric Deslauriers, WR, Eastern Michigan
6. John Talley, CB, Duke
7.Tony Ugoh, LT, Arkansas

TE is become a BIGGER need then anything else in order to score you need a fast and tall TE.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:22 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN
4. True Maimi has produced alot of good running backs but IMO, Tyrone Moss isnt going to be one of them.

My mock draft:

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Maimi=why
2. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville-not coming out this year
3. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Maimi-ok
4. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue-wont fall that far
5. Eric Deslauriers, WR, Eastern Michigan-could grab him later
6. John Talley, CB, Duke-dont know much so i wont comment
7.Tony Ugoh, LT, Arkansas=wont fall that far

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:24 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you guys really trying to sneak into the playoffs? You jokers aren't too far out of it...sure it'd take a lot of things falling the right way for you...but hey...wilder things have happened.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:35 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
Are you guys really trying to sneak into the playoffs? You jokers aren't too far out of it...sure it'd take a lot of things falling the right way for you...but hey...wilder things have happened.
remember that time when McCown got sacked with 25 ticks left in the game against the viqueens... :)

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 12-23-2006, 02:48 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
Quote:
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN

My mock draft:

ok, then

1. Marshawn Lynch, 5-11, California- I dont think he will fall but you got to plz the fans 8)
2. Earl Everett, 6-3, Florida- Poppinga is not the guy.
3. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Maimi- Manuel is getting better or is it the teams were facing?
4. Fred Daivs, TE, USC- If he comes out could become a Alex Smith/ Gates type of player.
5. Tony Ugoh, LT, Arkansas- If he falls this pick is a STEAL.
6. Eric Deslauriers, WR, Eastern Michigan- 6'4 210+ and he reminds me alot like Keyshawn Johnson.
7. John Talley, CB, Duke- IMO he is underrated alot because the college he plays for.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:11 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN

My mock draft:

ok, then

1. Marshawn Lynch, 5-11, California- I dont think he will fall but you got to plz the fans 8)
3. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Maimi- Manuel is getting better or is it the teams were facing?
4. Fred Daivs, TE, USC- If he comes out could become a Alex Smith/ Gates type of player.
6. Eric Deslauriers, WR, Eastern Michigan- 6'4 210+ and he reminds me alot like Keyshawn Johnson.
7. John Talley, CB, Duke- IMO he is underrated alot because the college he plays for.
solid, but I doubt Merriweather will fall into the third

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 12-23-2006, 03:24 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN

My mock draft:

ok, then

solid, but I doubt Merriweather will fall into the third
I think he will, especially with his character issues. He's definitely a 1st Round talent though. But character issues year in and year out cause guys to fall (see Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Fred Smoot, Winston Justice, LenDale White, etc).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Some team will take a second round on Merriweather and Green Bay won't be one of them.