Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2006, 12:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
1. Tony G is getting old and not worth a look
2. Eric Johnson is ingury prone do you guys want a new Martin?
3. DRAFT GERG OLSEN
4. True Maimi has produced alot of good running backs but IMO, Tyrone Moss isnt going to be one of them.

My mock draft:

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Maimi
2. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville or Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St
3. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Maimi
4. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
5. Eric Deslauriers, WR, Eastern Michigan
6. John Talley, CB, Duke
7.Tony Ugoh, LT, Arkansas

TE is become a BIGGER need then anything else in order to score you need a fast and tall TE.
There is no way we should take Greg Olsen in the first round. Not only is he not a first round value, he isn't even the best TE in the draft.

If Olsen or Miller was still there in the 2nd than I think there should be some serious thought into taking one of them.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I truly believe that the Packers day one picks should be spent on DB, WR, RB.

We need help in the secondary, but we need playmakers on offense to give life to our offense. We have to be able to score in the end zone.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancl
At this stage of his career Gonzalez says his top priority it to play for a winning team. Don't think the Pack can guarantee that.
Nowadays only a handful of teams can somewhat gaurantee that. You can't really tell how a team is going to do. The packers have some pieces in place and I could see gonzo giving it a shot, a reggie white type signing to a certain extent.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no TE in the draft worth our first round pick, which makes EJ the best option.We have plenty of money (He shouldn't be too much anyways) and we can always take one later in the draft but not 1st.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink

I wouldn't be shocked if Miller or Olsen fell to your 2nd round pick, if they do, it would better for you guys than spending the big money on Tony G. Is this thread ever going to get to page 47?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I personally don't think Green Bay would be interested in Tony Gonzalez anyway. I believe he's going to want a lot of money.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I personally don't think Green Bay would be interested in Tony Gonzalez anyway. I believe he's going to want a lot of money.
Now that I think about it if we have the chance I might want him. He wouldn't be long term but so what. He could come in and help Brett out in his last year or help Rodgers in his first. Money isn't really a big issue, we have plenty why not use it. We would keep Bubba and use him as just a blocker and release Donald Lee.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that what last game showed more than anything is that our #1 need is a playmaker on offense. We need someone who can score besides Driver. Green isnt the playmaker that he once was, and this is why we are having trouble scoring.

I really want Lynch in the 1st, but now he might not fall to us.

I was against taking a WR in the first for a while, but after last game I realized that if we cant get Lynch then WR wouldnt be a bad pick.

Our defense looked good, and drafting a future corner isnt an immediate need like a playmaking offensive player is.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

what about picking smardjiza or jarret where we pick? or any other wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Jarret I'd take but not the Shark.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Jarret I'd take but not the Shark.
Why? Shark is a great reciever. Top 15 talent.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather have ginn.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
I'd rather have ginn.
Why? He couldn't catch a cold.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
I'd rather have ginn.
Why? He couldn't catch a cold.
fast as hell and his KR skills. If we drafted him i just would hope he didn't turn out like williamson. I think he has the potetntial to be a good reciever. PLus he is what the packes need, another WR with some blazing speed and the ability to strecth the feild. Ginn or lynch in 07 for the pack is my christmas wish. Call me a homer all you want, but i'd like to have ginn alot.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

I'd rather pick Craig Davis in the second.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do not need a WR if we draft one where would he play?

WR1- Driver
WR2- Jennings
WR3- Robinson
WR4- Martin
WR5- Ferguson
WR6- Hoilday

we need a TE, RB, FB, SS, OLB thats it.
CB is not a need just give Harris his money and put Blackmon as the number 3 CB then move Dendy to the 4th CB spot. Manuel is looking better maybe they know how to use him right now. the LB are doing great right now give them more time to play together. Resign everyone thats a FA on our D-line and keep the scheme. oline needs to left some wights. TE has to have a make over cut everyone at that postion and just resign Lee then draft someone or bring in Shockey. Henderson cant seem to learn the scheme so he might retire so draft Leonrad with the 2nd or 3rd pick. With our frist pick we darft Lynch and resign Green and let them battle for the number one spot which will make it.
RB1- Green/ Lynch
RB2- Lynch/ Green
RB3- Morency

then Favre will come back IMO he wants to break the TD record.

Roster

QB- Favre, Rodgers, Martin
Why wouldnt Favre come back if we have thoses guys as our running backs?
RB- Green, Lynch, Morency
Could have a very good running game.
FB- Leonard
Darft him with the 3rd pick or TT might trade down and get another 2nd round pick
WR- Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Martin, Ferguson, Holiday
sorry but no need for a WR
LT- Clifton, Walter
LG- Colledge, Palmer
C- Wells, Spitz
RG- Spitz, Moll
RT- Tauscher, Berry
we need to add depth to our o-line
TE- Olsen, Lee
draft Olsen with the 2nd round pick

RE- Jenkins, KGB
DT- Williams, Allen, Jolley
DT- Pickett, Cole
LE- Kampman, Hunter
KGB will take a paycut because he knows he not worth anything anymore
LOLB- Poppinga, Taylor
MLB- Barnett, Hodge
ROLB- Hawk, White
give them more time
CB- Harris, Blackmon, Bush
CB- Woodson, Dendy
could improve but not with a day one pick
FS- Collins, Underwood, Peparh
SS- Meriweather, Manuel, Culver
soild group just fire the DB coach.

K- Rayner
P- Ryan
frist years as starters in the NFL give them so time
KR- Robinson, Morency
PR- Pope, Woodson
i just put anyone for the PR just because it is a big need maybe pope can be the guy.

what do u guys think?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
We do not need a WR if we draft one where would he play?

WR1- Driver
WR2- Jennings
WR3- Robinson
WR4- Martin
WR5- Ferguson
WR6- Hoilday

we need a TE, RB, FB, SS, OLB thats it.
#3 easy.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Just because you have a lot of bodies doesn't mean you don't have a need for...play making, consistently productive wideouts.

I'm tired of watching Favre having to continually look for Donald Driver because no other receiver can make plays on a routine basis.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

So far todays been good Atlanta, St. Louis, and NY are all down in the third.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
So far todays been good Atlanta, St. Louis, and NY are all down in the third.
got my fingers crossed
Old 12-24-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention, Detroit is playing close with the bears. If detroit beats them, it really helps our strength of win tiebreaker. Maybe even enough to let us pass the Giants if they beat Washington.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Just because you have a lot of bodies doesn't mean you don't have a need for...play making, consistently productive wideouts.

I'm tired of watching Favre having to continually look for Donald Driver because no other receiver can make plays on a routine basis.
The main reason he only looking for Driver is because a. he only trust him because he been with him so long b. when Jennings got hurt he hasnt been the same person he needs to rest him knee. When Robinson was playing Favre was throwing balls to him as well.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Not to mention, Detroit is playing close with the bears. If detroit beats them, it really helps our strength of win tiebreaker. Maybe even enough to let us pass the Giants if they beat Washington.
Wouldn't that be Stength of Schedule not win.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
i really dont want them to beat the bears do you know how pissed off there going to be. IMO we wouldnt stand a chance.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
i really dont want them to beat the bears do you know how pissed off there going to be. IMO we wouldnt stand a chance.
That's what I was thinking. There's no way Lovie want's to go in on a 2 game losing streak so he will play to win the game.