Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't like that one bit. Media love is usually the kiss of death. I wanted to be low key good, like 2007.
Look at the bright side: none of them predicted us to win the Superbowl.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Look at the bright side: none of them predicted us to win the Superbowl.
I think losing the super bowl is worse.

Y'know...

Don Banks, Dominic Bonvissuto, Jim Trotter all predicted you'd lose it.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

Y'know...

Don't you have anything better to do then troll an internet message board on a Friday night??
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

Y'know...

Thanks, I get that. I was just saying that if hype by SI is a bad thing, then at least nobody said we'd win the Superbowl, which, in theory, would be worse.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers have $17 million in cap space. The 2nd most in the league. Only the Bucs have more with $30 million of cap space.

No doubt we'll most likely use alot of that cap space to re-sign guys like Spitz, Colledge, Collins, and potentially some other guys like Bigby, Pickett, Jolly, Chillar, and Trammon Williams.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Don't you have anything better to do then troll an internet message board on a Friday night??
HEY. it was ONLY seven o'clock. Like it is now... once i can go out and make fun of all the ND fans i will be out.

:p

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to hear the coaches aren't satisfied with the offense's performance even though we got the W.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59277057.html

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
It's good to hear the coaches aren't satisfied with the offense's performance even though we got the W.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59277057.html
It's even better that Green Bay won the game 'despite' their offense being anemic... Last year was the complete opposite. Such a gutty win.

Anyone read Chad Ochocinco's twitter comments? Yes I said twitter... I check out the packer players and updates on that site and Nick Barnett and Chad were going back and forth. Funny stuff.

scroll down a bit:
http://twitter.com/NickBarnett

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruvell Martin signed with St. Louis. Thought he would have been picked up earlier, but I'm glad he's with a team where he'll get a chance to play. He'll be at least the #3 once he learns the offense and should have a good shot at being a starter.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ruvell Martin signed with St. Louis. Thought he would have been picked up earlier, but I'm glad he's with a team where he'll get a chance to play. He'll be at least the #3 once he learns the offense and should have a good shot at being a starter.
Good to see he signed somewhere out of the division. I always really liked Ruvy, and I'd like to see him become a starter in the league.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3fLTn6Rfuo

Ocho has been talking smack about Cwood and Al for a long time. I hope they shut him down.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't score on us last time we played, and since then we've upgraded Ahmad Carroll with Charles Woodson.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:25 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3fLTn6Rfuo

Ocho has been talking smack about Cwood and Al for a long time. I hope they shut him down.
Im a little suprised, Ocho usually respected Al

Btw, i think #4 should now be refered to as Darth Favre

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When favre comes to town, I think booing is the wrong way to go. Every Green Bay fan should wear black and greet Favre with absolute silence....Like a death in the family

Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, ocho cinco wants to do the lambeau leap....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lambeau-leap/
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Fred Smoot said the same thing, I don't think it worked out for him...

1:30

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BJ Raji and Will Blackmon were both full participants in practice today. must be a Boston College thing. hah.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigby out at leased 4 weeks. Uh the guy can't stay healthy

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I wish we wouldn't have cut Anthony Smith. I would much rather have him starting than Aaron Rouse. I wonder if we'll even let Rouse start or if we'll shuffle around the secondary again to put Woodson at safety.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 'Pizza-Gut' instinct says no. At least not with Ochocinco and whoever lines up with him in town.

As horrid as Rouse seems to be, you only get better with more experience. May as well toss him off the clif and see if he can fly.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, Rouse didn't look too bad against the Bears. Let's not forget, everybody loved him his rookie season, and I doubt he completely lost his ability. Give him some time, and he'd probably end up being a better option then Bigby.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bigby out at leased 4 weeks. Uh the guy can't stay healthy
I bought an Atari from a thrift sale this past summer.. As the excitment inside me built up to play Pitfall 2D, I was let down when, what else, it broke down.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I wish we wouldn't have cut Anthony Smith. I would much rather have him starting than Aaron Rouse. I wonder if we'll even let Rouse start or if we'll shuffle around the secondary again to put Woodson at safety.
I certianly hope not.

College with a foot sprain too. MM said nothing to serious. But man, would that suck to lose him.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-17-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I don't know, Rouse didn't look too bad against the Bears. Let's not forget, everybody loved him his rookie season, and I doubt he completely lost his ability. Give him some time, and he'd probably end up being a better option then Bigby.
Well being a VTech fan and a Packer fan i still love Rouse and think he has the potential to be good. Hes fast enough to cover and tackles well enough to come into the box.

Its like someone said earlier... during his limited opportunities hes made big plays. I think he needs to get some PT and learn the position and maybe it will leave Pack fans saying Atari who?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Not me. I've been hating on him since preseason rookie year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well being a VTech fan and a Packer fan i still love Rouse and think he has the potential to be good. Hes fast enough to cover and tackles well enough to come into the box.

Its like someone said earlier... during his limited opportunities hes made big plays. I think he needs to get some PT and learn the position and maybe it will leave Pack fans saying Atari who?
That's the thing. He makes the interception every once in a while, but he doesn't play too well. People only remember the interception and not the coverage mistakes or missed tackles giving the false sense that he's good.