Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/wal...gh-revelations

Nice analysis on the defense last week.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton just a sprain, hopefully he's back by after the bye week I'd say anything sooner is wishful thinking.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did it have to be Collins and Clifton to get hurt? 2 positions where they cannot afford injuries. Having Bush/Rouse back at safety is a freakin disaster and the O-line is already putrid with Clifton
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like the special teams play of the fullbacks we kept, it would have been nice to have the ability to bring in a guy like Antonio Smith today... Collins hurt is a massive blow.

Green Bay should be 2-0, but could very easily be 0-2 right now. Hopefully they bounce back in a BIG way next week in St Louis.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
As much as I like the special teams play of the fullbacks we kept, it would have been nice to have the ability to bring in a guy like Antonio Smith today... Collins hurt is a massive blow.

Green Bay should be 2-0, but could very easily be 0-2 right now. Hopefully they bounce back in a BIG way next week in St Louis.
The fullbacks really have nothing to do with it. We should have kept Smith over both Rouse and Bush.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is really ****ing frustrating how we kept 3 fullbacks and made such a point in special teams in the offseason and our punter is Jeremy Kapinos. Then I get to watch rookies and no names consistently drop punts within the 20 or boot them for 50 yards against us.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting pretty sick of people bitching about keeping 3 fullbacks. Who that we cut would have made a difference in today's game?

Anthony Smith is the only one that works, but as I already explained that has nothing to do with the fullbacks.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm getting pretty sick of people bitching about keeping 3 fullbacks. Who that we cut would have made a difference in today's game?

Anthony Smith is the only one that works, but as I already explained that has nothing to do with the fullbacks.
I'm not complaining, I'm glad they kept 3 fullbacks. All 3 deserved their roster spot. I think it's more of their lack of depth at DB that is frustrating.

Penalties, lack of pass protection/running game, drops, and poor special teams play were the story of the game...Stories I should say. Yikes.

1-1 on their way to St. Louis. Big rebound game, and back on track. Gotta stay optimistic.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
usmc0106
Rookie

usmc0106 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

The point is we are the only team in the history of the nfl to keep three fullbacks. We still cant run the football and we still suck on special teams.

Oh and if we dont keep 3 fullbacks we could have keep Anthony Smith so it does have something to do with them. Or maybe we should have kept a back up LT so two guys dont have to change postions and bring in a cold center. This maybe the stupidest team ever.
usmc0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0106 View Post
Or maybe we should have kept a back up LT so two guys dont have to change postions and bring in a cold center.
Colledge is the best option at LT we have. We didn't keep a back up LT cause they are crap and Colledge proved himself serviceable when playing there last year. Having time to prepare to play there this week hopefully will help and he can do ok.

Can't say I disagree with the Smith talk, but maybe Martin can step in and be a player. Sure he hasn't played much yet because still learning the scheme and everything, but don't forget about him. I think they have to start him and hope he can step in and not be overwhelmed. Bush cannot start, needs to stay the emergency Safety (4th safety on the depth chart at best) or be off the roster cause he still sucks.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually my point was that it doesn't make any sense to devote 3 roster spots for fullbacks to shore up special teams but completely ignore upgrading our punter which would have been easier to do and a hell of a lot more beneficial to the ST unit. Somewhat of a hypocritical move by management IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have scored 7 points in 2 games... if we lose... omg we better not.

Is anyone else a bit concerned about Mason Crosby? Yea some misses have been long ones but I do not feel very confident in him making any FG at any distance from what Ive seen this year going back to training camp. Amazes me Jarret Bush can stick around so long, he sucks and is only good for getting flags thrown his way.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Jarret Bush does not deserve to be on any NFL roster let alone seeing the field. What do TT and Mike Mc see that no one else does?

Crosby will be fine I think. That long miss was a big time whiff, but he's got a great leg and can always work on accuracy. His preseason wasn't great, but if you look at his misses so far this season...Most were pretty lengthy fg's.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to point out that Donald Driver is currently 8 yards away from passing Sterling Sharpe for #2 all time for recieving yards by a Packer.

He is also 9 receptions away from passing James Lofton for #1 all time for career receptions by a Packer.

Can't wait until he's on top of both lists. I'm tired of our recieving records being dominated by the twin douchebags, Sharpe and Lofton. It will be excellent to have a great guy and great player like Driver on top. Then he can be joined by Jennings in 5 or 6 years.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Well, so much for Meredith...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...c-3fa2cd201eaf
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0106 View Post
Oh and if we dont keep 3 fullbacks we could have keep Anthony Smith so it does have something to do with them.
No, that's exactly my point. We chose to keep Aaron Rouse and Jarrett Bush over Smith. The three fullbacks does not change that fact. Hell, we chose to go with Derrick Martin over Smith. For whatever reason that was what we decided to do with our safeties.

Quote:
Or maybe we should have kept a back up LT so two guys dont have to change postions and bring in a cold center. This maybe the stupidest team ever
Wrong again. There was no one good enough to keep as a backup left tackle. By putting in Wells we are putting the best backup we have and could have had on the field. Colledge-Spitz-Wells is a hell of a lot better than Moll-Colledge-Spitz or Meredith-Colledge-Spitz.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our S production is so bad that Anthony Smith is actually a guy people want back. Smith blows, but so does Rouse/Bush and even Bigby isn't that great. Collins...for all his ballhawking skills, also has some nasty lapses in coverage

basically, they need help there big time, along with OT. Draft alone won't get this done...time to pony up for a solid FA at one of these spots IMO

with all that said, we still got a full season left, and they gotta figure out a way to make things work. Every team has huge holes, just gotta find out how to mask them. OL is much harder to mask than poor safety play. They need to do everything possible to improve the OL, period
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

The hate on Jarrett Bush is a bit over blown. He is still a young cat with the skills to improve a good deal. He's a very good ST player ( despite this sunday) and has the ability to play CB/S. There is a reason teams like Tennessee were interested in him this off season.

With that said, do I want him starting right now? Absolutely not.

they get smoked.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The hate on Jarrett Bush is a bit over blown. He is still a young cat with the skills to improve a good deal. He's a very good ST player ( despite this sunday) and has the ability to play CB/S. There is a reason teams like Tennessee were interested in him this off season.

The thing is though, he isn't a very good special teams player anymore. He was the first year on the team, but since then he hasn't even been a good special teams player. If he was still a great special teamer I would have no problem with him being on the team.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:

He has the ability to play CB/S yes, but he doesn't have the ability to play either well. He's a good ST player, that's it. Dime a dozen. The reason why he gets blasted is because he seems to get flagged quite a bit despite only being a ST guy. With that said, I have no problem with the guy as long as he stays on ST. As far as him on the D...no thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I just bought my ticket for the Packers- Queens game in the dome! Anyone else attending?

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I try not to jump on the "hate" bandwagon, but what has Jarret Bush done in his entire career that has even shown flashes?

Watching guys liks Blackmon and Tramon Williams I see immature players who have potential. Unlimitied potential. Looking at Bush optimistically I'm trying to pick out the positives...But what are they???

He's just not an NFL starting-caliber player. And I don't think he ever will be. That said I'm going to continue to root for him. Hmm

Old 09-23-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I just wanted to point out that Donald Driver is currently 8 yards away from passing Sterling Sharpe for #2 all time for recieving yards by a Packer.

He is also 9 receptions away from passing James Lofton for #1 all time for career receptions by a Packer.

Can't wait until he's on top of both lists. I'm tired of our recieving records being dominated by the twin douchebags, Sharpe and Lofton. It will be excellent to have a great guy and great player like Driver on top. Then he can be joined by Jennings in 5 or 6 years.
Absolutely. Donald Driver is a guy that it is impossible to find a bad thing to say about. Great teammate, great competitor, active with the fans, late round draft pick, *gorgeous smile* (yes I'm straight and you cannot deny your love for the Driver smile), etc etc and so on.

Here's to hoping his record breaking reception is a game winner in 2 weeks against Minnesota.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I try not to jump on the "hate" bandwagon, but what has Jarret Bush done in his entire career that has even shown flashes?

Watching guys liks Blackmon and Tramon Williams I see immature players who have potential. Unlimitied potential. Looking at Bush optimistically I'm trying to pick out the positives...But what are they???

He's just not an NFL starting-caliber player. And I don't think he ever will be. That said I'm going to continue to root for him. Hmm
Tramon has become a pretty damn good CB already IMO. After him though, it's been a huge question mark. Blackmon hasn't shown much, Lee has shown that he gets hurt a lot and fairly easily. Underwood is the definition of raw and isn't close to making an impact. I agree with Bush, he looks like a career ST, or if he is a starter on D, it certainly isn't on a good defense
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow!

Rouse cut.

Giordano signed.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote