Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Well, I just bought my ticket for the Packers- Queens game in the dome! Anyone else attending?
I'll be there.

You got your wish GB12, Rouse was release and they Packers signed Matt Giordano, formerly of the Colts. He was a 4th round pick out of Cal in 2005 and started 6 games for the Colts.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/23/2/

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-23-2009 at 12:16 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup. just posted that.

Jarrett Bush must have a picture of Ted Thompson pleasuring a 12-year-old transgender prostitute.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yup. just posted that.

Jarrett Bush must have a picture of Ted Thompson pleasuring a 12-year-old transgender prostitute.
Haha. I think it came down to Special teams value, as neither is a very good safety right now. Bush is much more valuable on ST.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'll be there.

You got your wish GB12, Rouse was release and they Packers signed Matt Giordano, formerly of the Colts. He was a 4th round pick out of Cal in 2005 and started 6 games for the Colts.

I was just about to post this.. What the F is going on? Rouse struggled Sunday, but has shown he can be an impact player. Depth is their biggest issue, so why cut him? Of course they had to make room, but uhh....I just want to hear MM's press conference on reasoning and such.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Packernews.com

"The Packers now turn to Giordano, a former fourth-round draft pick who spent the past four seasons in Indianapolis.

It seems unlikely the Packers could have Giordano ready to see significant action on Sunday at St. Louis. But with Atari Bigby (knee) out and fellow starter Nick Collins (clavicle) questionable, the Packers couldn't go into the game with only Derrick Martin and Jarrett Bush available. So, Giordano is almost certain to be in uniform.

As expected, the Packers also signed tackle Dane Randolph to the practice squad to replace tackle Jamon Meredith, whom Buffalo signed on Tuesday"

Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a terrible move. Even if Giordano is the better player, so many questions remain. Why now since he plays the same position and has been available for weeks? Why cut a player that knows the defense when our depth is non existent for a player who doesn't?

In the last year or two TT has really made some boneheaded moves IMO. At least most of them have involved the bottom of the depth chart.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll be there.

Nice I might need some support as I am forced to go with a couple Viking fans.

I have no idea what to think about this move. I really don't see how it benefits us in any way, unless Rouse's injury is worse than lead on. I guess we just have to trust TT, even though this move really confuses me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rouse isn't really the best option right now, but I'd like to think he's better than somebody who has yet to see the playbook...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I was just about to post this.. What the F is going on? Rouse struggled Sunday, but has shown he can be an impact player. Depth is their biggest issue, so why cut him? Of course they had to make room, but uhh....I just want to hear MM's press conference on reasoning and such.
Depth actually isn't that big of concern right now. Collins practiced today and cutting Rouse is probably an indication that Collins's injury isn't serious. Bigby ( out for a couple more weeks), Bush, Martin, Giordano, Underwood, and we know Wood can shift over there if need be ( not that anyone wants to see that). Quality perhaps is an issue, but depth isn't overly important right now.

they get smoked.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ible-scrutiny/

Just shut up Brent. Stop talking already.
------------------------------

Nick Collins, Brandon Jackson and BJ Raji all practiced for the Packers today. And Aaron Kampman is wearing a cast on his right hand.

Clifton won't be back until after the bye. :(

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, it may sound overly optimistic, but i'm ok with the line without clifton. if nothing else, it really gives us a chance to see what Colledge brings to the table as an LT. both tackle positions are gonna have to be addressed in a big way in the next offseason. it would be really nice if we knew whether or not we can get one of the tackles internally.

great news that Collins will likely play. it's just too early in the year to have our secondary THAT depleted.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well, it may sound overly optimistic, but i'm ok with the line without clifton. if nothing else, it really gives us a chance to see what Colledge brings to the table as an LT. both tackle positions are gonna have to be addressed in a big way in the next offseason. it would be really nice if we knew whether or not we can get one of the tackles internally.

great news that Collins will likely play. it's just too early in the year to have our secondary THAT depleted.
It will be nice to see what Colledge can do against a team like the Rams but that following week could be a nightmare with Jared Allen going up against him. yikes.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting Rouse reminds me of cutting Jon Ryan for Derrick Frost! Yikes. I thought Rouse did alright, I mean he didnt really do much but now is like the worst time to possible cut him when both our starting safety's could be out.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It will be nice to see what Colledge can do against a team like the Rams but that following week could be a nightmare with Jared Allen going up against him. yikes.
Yeah, Colledge vs Allen could make for a very long day.

they get smoked.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Colledge vs Allen could make for a very long day.
i'd be surprised if Colledge didn't have some training wheels..in the form of a fullback or TE lined up behind him.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i'd be surprised if Colledge didn't have some training wheels..in the form of a fullback or TE lined up behind him.
Which blows because the offense usually blows when they have to do that ( although it has anyways).

they get smoked.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just about to post this.. What the F is going on? Rouse struggled Sunday, but has shown he can be an impact player.
No, he hasn't. I've been saying this since his rookie year, but no one has listened. Rouse got extremely overrated on this forum. He is not a good safety, at all. He is a big safety but doesn't use the size to his advantage and is little help against the run. He gets beat in coverage all the time and makes mistakes that should never be made. However since he comes up with an interception every so often none of that seemed to matter to most fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Cutting Rouse reminds me of cutting Jon Ryan for Derrick Frost! Yikes. I thought Rouse did alright, I mean he didnt really do much but now is like the worst time to possible cut him when both our starting safety's could be out.
Not at all. If anything cutting Anthony Smith to keep Aaron Rouse is more like that move. Aaron Rouse is not good. He has had time to show he's not good. He was cashing his checks based on potential the past couple years. Now in his third year, after showing no improvement since he was a rookie, he has let that potential go to waste and there's no reason to keep him around. Aaron Rouse is garbage, and now that he has been cut maybe people will realize that.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, I had been pushing the Colledge to LT idea for the past couple years as hard as anyone else, but I have gotten off that this year. I've changed my mind and think Colledge should stay at LG for his career. A LT should be drafted in the first round to take over for Clifton.

Quote:
The problem is we can't really afford to do that. Barbre already requires that on the right side. We can't do a whole lot if we're helping the tackles on both sides.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Time to play over under...

Over/under 2.5 sack for Chris Long and the St. Louis d-line?

Over/under 75 yards rushing for Ryan Grant?

Over/under 3 (legitimate) drops by the WR corps?

This needs to be a game where Green Bay looks good in all phases, wins about 31-10, and leaves feeling healthy and strong about going into Minnesota and competing for a WIN.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Rams have scored a whole 7 points in 2 games. We better win and in pretty convincing fashion otherwise that will not be good. I know they lost 28-0 to the Seahawks in week 1. Dont remember their week 2 score but I dont think it was close.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Well the Rams have scored a whole 7 points in 2 games. We better win and in pretty convincing fashion otherwise that will not be good. I know they lost 28-0 to the Seahawks in week 1. Dont remember their week 2 score but I dont think it was close.
9-7 loss to the Redskins. Watched a bit of it, quite the shootout

Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You know, I had been pushing the Colledge to LT idea for the past couple years as hard as anyone else, but I have gotten off that this year. I've changed my mind and think Colledge should stay at LG for his career. A LT should be drafted in the first round to take over for Clifton.

Amen. I'd love to get a high end LT. Maybe we get a shot at one this year. But who wouldn't? I'd love Colledge paired along the left side with a Charles Brown type guy. No more 4th/5th round OL talent please.

One thing is for sure, Colledge can possibly make himself A LOT of money in these next few weeks if he plays well at LT.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-24-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Time to play over under...

Over/under 2.5 sack for Chris Long and the St. Louis d-line?

Over/under 75 yards rushing for Ryan Grant?

Over/under 3 (legitimate) drops by the WR corps?

This needs to be a game where Green Bay looks good in all phases, wins about 31-10, and leaves feeling healthy and strong about going into Minnesota and competing for a WIN.
Under-The o line hopefully will bounce back this week after a poor proformance last week(odom 5 sacks)

Over-I thnk hes in for his 1st 100yrd game this year

Under-too many drops last week (two on the 1st drive of the game) i think will do much better holding on to the ball this week.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

To me, the release of Rouse only make the cutting of Anthony Smith more confusing, but this is not a move that will kill our season.

Hopefully now with a week of practice at LT, Daryn can work on getting his footwork down, and use his hands more effectively. He had absolutely no punch last Sunday, and his lateral movement is very suspect. If he doesn't improve by the Queens game, he'll probably wish he was facing Antwan Odom again, because Jared Allen will eat him alive.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have any input on Aaron Rouse? We were just rewarded him off waivers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote