Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Alright. QUICK POLL.

We're sitting there in the first round and...

Marshawn Lynch and LaRon Landry are both still available. Who do you select?

I go with Landry.
Offense needs playmakers, Lynch.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink

I beleive in building a team through defense and also our safeties are weaker than our running backs. So I go with Landry.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
I beleive in building a team through defense and also our safeties are weaker than our running backs. So I go with Landry.
I wouldn't be surprised. I think he's a Thompson type of guy. Didn't he start all four years at LSU?

Hitman D

Old 12-29-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
I wouldn't be surprised. I think he's a Thompson type of guy. Didn't he start all four years at LSU?
I do believe so.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Landry is still my favorite pick.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I think we should make a play for Lions WR Mike Furry in the off season.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I think we should make a play for Lions WR Mike Furry in the off season.
Is he a free agent? Because if he is than definately. But if not than I don't think I can see the Lions trading him.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right Now my pick is Lynch.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im all for Lynch with 1st pick. BUT if we decide to go defense again with our first rounder how about we make a deal for Byron Leftwich (assuming Favre retires) and then pick up Michael Turner off FA. I like both those guys a lot. They both play with a lot of heart.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Brett Favre isn't going to retire, but if he does, I don't want Leftwich. We're going to hand over the team to Rodgers and that scares the hell out of me.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no leftwitch.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Did you guys WATCH the game last night?
Marshawn is good no doubt, but Forsett looked better. For sure is faster.

A new RB won't make much difference to us next year, so I don't want to take one in round ONE. I want to add a good piece to the puzzle at a position we need to upgrade.

LaRon Landry is perfect, but he might not be there.
WR Sidney Rice is perfect on offense, and we know we have had great success with South Carolina WRs before with me, and Robert Brooks. Hell, I bet we could get Troy Williamson and turn him into the Pro Bowler he was supposed to be, until he went to THAT team.

Taking Kenny Irons in round 2 would be okay with me perhaps. Or Gary Russell in round 5. He might be better in the NFL than Lynch anyway. He matched Laurence Maroney's numbers at the U of M in 2005. I don't care about his school grades.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'm 90 percent sure the resurgent Redskins will beat the Strahan, Shockey-less Giants. It's almost a guarantee the Panthers will beat the Saints; the Panthers will be getting daylight come and you gotta Delhomme back, they'll be playing for their playoff lives, and more importanly the Saints will rest their starters extensively.

That being said, our playoff chances come down to us beating the Bears. Moreover, it comes down to whether Lovie rests his starters: if we couldn't score (more than 17 points) versus the Lions or the Vikings, how many points will we put up against the Bears' D at full strength? Look to week one for that answer... well, we'd probably score some seeing that Tommie Harris is out, but still....

Here's to Lovie beening sensible and resting his starters, doing so may be our only chance...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Tommie Harris out up front, and safety Mike Brown anchoring the D-backfield.
He always kills us.

But it's too bad the gangster thug gorilla TANK WILLIAMS is back for this game after his suspension for numerous gun charges.

Why didn't the NFL suspend him for the season like they did Koren Robinson?

Are guns not as dangerous as drinking?
I think they both are, so why one game for their guy and 16 for our guy?
Tank-Brain already was arrested twice before this.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

I doubt they rest their starters. The Bears have been and always will be assholes and theyre going to try and ruin Favre's chance at the playoffs. I wouldnt doubt Lovie starting his entire line-up even into the 4th quarter. But hell I dont even care, with Brett leading the way I think we have a legit shot at winning regardless who they have starting.

^tek
Old 12-29-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

This team is a lot different than the team that lined up on the field for week one.

I think we have a good shot regardless.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790
I doubt they rest their starters. The Bears have been and always will be assholes and theyre going to try and ruin Favre's chance at the playoffs. I wouldnt doubt Lovie starting his entire line-up even into the 4th quarter. But hell I dont even care, with Brett leading the way I think we have a legit shot at winning regardless who they have starting.

So the Bears are assholes because they aren't going to lay down and let you win? Good one.

And trust me, they don't give a crap about ending "Favre's chance at the playoffs" (nice of you to ignore the other 52 players on your team). We're far more focused on getting geared up for the playoffs than any sort of made-up personal vendetta. Personally I would MUCH rather the Packers make the playoffs than the Giants or the Panthers.

As for the previous post. Your argument is drastically flawed. First of all, Koren didn't get in trouble for drinking, he got in trouble for getting wasted and driving multiple times. The last time, I believe, was 80mph in a 35 mph zone. Is that more dangerous than owning a gun and shooting on your own property? Yes, yes it is.

Secondly, the Bears suspended Tank for a game. They didn't have to do anything at all. The league could still suspend Tank if they'd like.

And I hope the "thug gorilla" wasn't racially motivated. Although I can't see how it couldn't be.

The Giants are probably going to win tommorow anyway. And even if they don't, to call the Panthers a "lock" to beat the Saints is a bit much. They are going to try to win.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790

So the Bears are assholes because they aren't going to lay down and let you win? Good one.

And trust me, they don't give a crap about ending "Favre's chance at the playoffs" (nice of you to ignore the other 52 players on your team). We're far more focused on getting geared up for the playoffs than any sort of made-up personal vendetta. Personally I would MUCH rather the Packers make the playoffs than the Giants or the Panthers.

As for the previous post. Your argument is drastically flawed. First of all, Koren didn't get in trouble for drinking, he got in trouble for getting wasted and driving multiple times. The last time, I believe, was 80mph in a 35 mph zone. Is that more dangerous than owning a gun and shooting on your own property? Yes, yes it is.

Secondly, the Bears suspended Tank for a game. They didn't have to do anything at all. The league could still suspend Tank if they'd like.

And I hope the "thug gorilla" wasn't racially motivated. Although I can't see how it couldn't be.

The Giants are probably going to win tommorow anyway. And even if they don't, to call the Panthers a "lock" to beat the Saints is a bit much. They are going to try to win.
Haha first of all i knew what i said would get a rise out of you. But anyways, lets face the facts here, nobody else on the Packers is a future HOFer possibly retiring this season. We all know it means more to Brett than anybody else on the team.

Im not going to get in an argument with you but this is the Packers thread so youve got to expect people here to be trashing the inter division rival teams here.

^tek
Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Brady Poppinga recently announced.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
what?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Im hoping he announced his retirement...

^tek
Old 12-29-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Yea to the extent of media. He acknowledged his passion for badminton and wants to pursue a pro badminton career. He is expected to be drafted in the Pro Badminton Draft. The Portland Thunder and The Newark Rocks have brought him in for workouts according to the Green Bay Area Newspapers.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=547426

TT better not **** that up.

Hitman D

Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:

TT better not *********** that up.
He'll be signed. I'd bet my bottom dollar on that.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:

TT better not *********** that up.
Im sure he will. Jenkins is going to want more money (which he deserves) but cheapass TT wont give it to him. Hes going to "save" it for no reason at all.

Hopeful offseason acquisitions (that will never happen because TT is stingy): Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, Adalius Thomas, Dwight Freeny, London Fletcher, Lance Briggs or Nate Clements.

^tek