Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I hate Favre as well and hope he and the Vikings fail miserably. Plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It was cool to see Favre get this far but enough is enough. He needs to be done and out of the playoffs asap now.
The further he goes the more flack we get as Packer fans... i agree its time for him to be watching the Super Bowl in a recliner and passing out at half time
Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre to the Jets, ok. Brett Favre to the Vikings, damnit but acceptable. Brett Favre beating Green Bay twice, having the best passer rating and lowest interception total of his career, tough to swallow but good for him.... That's where it ends for me.

Seeing him in the locker room singing with his teammates, smacking Allen's ass, turning his hat sideways, and leading the team in a breakdown completely broke me.

17 years of my life has been nothing but Brett Favre and not only his he winning with his new team now...But he's exciting Viking nation, forming "buddy'' relationships with his team, and being the clown he was as a Packer. It's too much.

I want the Vikings to lose and Brett Favre to choke miserably.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The further he goes the more flack we get as Packer fans... i agree its time for him to be watching the Super Bowl in a recliner and passing out at half time
If Brett Favre wins a Superbowl with the Vikings does he still retire as a Packer?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Brett Favre to the Jets, ok. Brett Favre to the Vikings, damnit but acceptable. Brett Favre beating Green Bay twice, having the best passer rating and lowest interception total of his career, tough to swallow but good for him.... That's where it ends for me.

Seeing him in the locker room singing with his teammates, smacking Allen's ass, turning his hat sideways, and leading the team in a breakdown completely broke me.

17 years of my life has been nothing but Brett Favre and not only his he winning with his new team now...But he's exciting Viking nation, forming "buddy'' relationships with his team, and being the clown he was as a Packer. It's too much.

I want the Vikings to lose and Brett Favre to choke miserably.
This. This exactly.
If Brett Favre wins a Super Bowl with the Vikings do we retire his number? Right now, I honestly would be just fine with not retiring it.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
This. This exactly.
If Brett Favre wins a Super Bowl with the Vikings do we retire his number? Right now, I honestly would be just fine with not retiring it.
That's just stupid talk. He helped make Green Bay relevant again, won a Super Bowl and put together one of the best careers any QB has ever had and he did it in Green & Gold. No one will ever wear #4 again.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Do the Vikings retire #4 then? 1st Superbowl win in team history?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That's just stupid talk. He helped make Green Bay relevant again, won a Super Bowl and put together one of the best careers any QB has ever had and he did it in Green & Gold. No one will ever wear #4 again.
It may be my hatred talking, but if he wins a Super Bowl with Minnesota in one year with them, then rides off into the sunset hosting the trophy, it'll be pretty hard to ever think of him as a Packer hero again...in fact it'll be damn near impossible.
And that is what retired numbers are reserved for... undisputed team hero's. If Favre takes our rival to the promised land, then he's no Packer hero.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It may be my hatred talking, but if he wins a Super Bowl with Minnesota in one year with them, then rides off into the sunset hosting the trophy, it'll be pretty hard to ever think of him as a Packer hero again...in fact it'll be damn near impossible.
And that is what retired numbers are reserved for... undisputed team hero's. If Favre takes our rival to the promised land, then he's no Packer hero.
so 16 years in Green Bay is completely demolished by 1 year in Minnesota? that's just silly talk

Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Quote:
Against Favre (twice), Roethlisberger and Warner, the Packers gave up an average of 39 points, 349 passing yards, a 71.7 completion percentage and a passer rating of 140.3.
Against everyone else's QB's, the defense allowed an average of 14.7 points, 169 passing yards, a 51.5 completion percentage and passer rating of 51.9.

The Packers were dominant in 13 games against less-than-stellar quarterbacks -- they picked off a league-high 30 interceptions and allowed 19 touchdown passes. But against Favre, Warner and Roethlisberger, they didnít have a single interception and gave up 15 TD throws.
I even hate talking about that bastard. But he bears mentioning here, as this totally illustrates our issue. UNREAL;

This is why I think the Saints might have scored 70 points on us had we won.
Further illustrates a point I made a few days ago in another thread. Our front 7 is good, we can rush the passer and stop the run as good as anybody. We lose to quarterbacks who can beat the blitz - get the ball out quick, break a tackle or evade defenders in the backfield, make multiple reads, audible to a hot route. We desperately need help in the secondary so we actually have the option of running a cover defense instead of relying on exotic blitz packages. When we do blitz we would do so much better if we had a second safety or a third cornerback that was actually worth a damn in coverage.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. This exactly.
I say we give Jarrett Bush the #4. Justice.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 AM    (permalink
lasse
Rookie

lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
so 16 years in Green Bay is completely demolished by 1 year in Minnesota? that's just silly talk
amen.
i cant understand how one can hate a player who loves this game as much as he does. ted didnt want him anymore, other teams did, tough luck. now enjoy his game and hope we win it all next year.
and no i wont return my packer fan membership.
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse View Post
amen.
i cant understand how one can hate a player who loves this game as much as he does. ted didnt want him anymore, other teams did, tough luck. now enjoy his game and hope we win it all next year.
You're fooling yourself if you think Favre wanted to be here as much as the Packers didn't want him here. Both parties got what they wanted. I guess I'm more loyal to the Packers than I am to Favre.

Also I find it funny how the media always criticized the Packers for not setting a deadline for Favre's decision. So when the Packers finally do set a deadline, Favre gives them an answer, the Packers move on, then Favre comes back and its all the Packers/Thompson's fault for the mess?

I could care less about Favre joining the Vikings. I do about how he tried to put the team in a vise through the media and made it look like the Packers were the bad guys. Thats not a team player and thats not someone I can ever call myself a fan of. All that BS could've been handled behind closed doors yet Favre chose to get the media involved because he's a media diva jackass. **** that guy.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse View Post
amen.
How can you not hate him as a Packers fan??

He retired. Many months later he wanted back in... we already changed the offense to suit a younger (and better) QB. So we told him it was too late...which it was. You can't teeter on whether or not you want to play every year for like 5 years. Then one offseason he finally made a decision....to only take it back right before the season is starting. Enough is enough. He shouldn't have retired in the first place...but he didn't... So he wanted to keep playing....fine. He made a mistake...so we traded him to the Jets.

But no, the Jets weren't good enough. He wanted revenge on us (why?) so he fake retired (again), had his rights released, and signed with one of the only 2 teams that would hurt the organization and its fans deeply.

So he screwed himself over with his indecision, and mistakes, then sought out revenge on the team (and in turn its fans) that paid the man millions of dollars for years, treated him like a God, and bought every piece of merchandise with a number 4 on it. And it was his own damn fault. So **** favre, I hope if he wins another trophy, that he realizes its at the cost of a whole fanbase that used to treat you like a God turning its back on you. So yeah, I feel like he's a dbag and I feel he's pretty much ruining his Packer legacy.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His speech in Canton is going to be one hell of an emotional ride for him and I'm going to be there.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you not hate him as a Packers fan??
I don't hate him, then again I'd like to think I don't hate anyone. However, he's definitely acting like a dbag. His reason for coming back was fueled by vengeance, he is acting like a little kid.

Anyways. Packers lost John Schneider to the seahawks for their GM job, which sucks.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't hate him, then again I'd like to think I don't hate anyone. However, he's definitely acting like a dbag. His reason for coming back was fueled by vengeance, he is acting like a little kid.

Anyways. Packers lost John Schneider to the seahawks for their GM job, which sucks.
You're right, hate is a strong word. Using it usually points to emotions being on high, which they always are when Packer fans are discussing Brett Favre haha. So I understand your comment.

And yeah, I just saw the Schneider thing. I remember reading he was out....it was between 2 other candidates...so this really sucks, I figured we'd be keeping him.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

The way it sounded was Schneider was one of TT's right hand guys. Honestly though I never heard of him until his name was brought up for the Seahawks GM job.

I think its really good for him and us though. He gets his chance to handle the draft and will have alot of picks early on. And the Seahawks picking him just shows how good our personel are in scouting and that we have the right people in place at the top.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps it will add a possible trade partner to the show.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
The way it sounded was Schneider was one of TT's right hand guys. Honestly though I never heard of him until his name was brought up for the Seahawks GM job.

I think its really good for him and us though. He gets his chance to handle the draft and will have alot of picks early on. And the Seahawks picking him just shows how good our personel are in scouting and that we have the right people in place at the top.
I'm not sure if i understand how this is good for the packers? He was one of our best front office guys along with Mckenzie.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not sure if i understand how this is good for the packers? He was one of our best front office guys along with Mckenzie.
Shows that our pesonel is respected among the league. Yeah it sucks that he's gone but we'll find someone else, we always do. If they Packers didn't think that they wouldn't have let him interview.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Shows that our pesonel is respected among the league. Yeah it sucks that he's gone but we'll find someone else, we always do. If they Packers didn't think that they wouldn't have let him interview.
Did they really have a choice?

they get smoked.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did they really have a choice?
I think they could've blocked him from interviewing. Not sure though, could just be limited to coaching assistants. Either way though the Packers have always had a strong front office and I expect that to continue. I looked like Schneider has paid his dues and I'm happy for him getting the opportunity that he did.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers might have been able to block it, but if you prevent your personnel from advancing, you're going to have a harder time hiring guys. Obviously, losing one of our top guys isn't a good thing. I've heard McKenzie's name come up a lot more for GM spots, so I'm a little surprised to hear someone from our staff hired and it isn't him.

Favre's a douche. I'd love to see him get destroyed this week. I'm fine with retiring his number, but I'd wait five years at least.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Two members of the Green Bay Packers, linebacker Clay Matthews and defensive lineman B.J. Raji, have been named to the National Football League all-rookie team selected by Pro Football Weekly and the Professional Football Writers of America.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Donald Driver said he wants to play until he's 40...that would be quite the achievement for a receiver