Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
there are a few guys in the vikings that i like.
i like adrian peterson, he's a stand-up guy.
i like chad greenway.

but i bleed green and gold. that means i hate purple, and the vikings winning feels like the packers losing. so i can never root for the vikings unless i have a large wager on them. tonight i had $100 on the vikings +4 points, so it was a win-win baby!!!!!!!!
i pretty much hate everyone else on that team other then favre. i have a softspot for him i guess. im just rooting for him to win one more.. hell always be green bays quarterback. and him winning another one just cements how good he really is. and if he wins.. peyton cant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I am glad to see Minnesota lose!!! I didn't want it any other way. I was glad to see how it ended up, but at the same time I am ready for Brett to be done with Minnesota so that...

1. They go back to their original Tarvaris Jackson sucky self.
2. Brett can be a Packer again, and immortalized into the hall of fame.

I have to say, when they showed the replay of Favre in Packers green and gold, I was like...dang that looks nice, why did he have to turn nasty this year. :P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Rooting for the Queens is the equivalent of a Yankees fan hoping the Red Sox win the World Series. Its blasphemy!
I wouldn't cheer for the Vikings if they were playing against al-Quaeda.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
It's JUST like Mark McGuire and steroids. They want everything good that comes with the shot of HGH in their ass, but as soon as their testicles shrink or Favre loses a game they are clean and NEVER needed the drugs in the 1st place.

McGuire is convinced he could have hit all his 500 foot bombs without injecting steroids, just as Viking fans believe they could get to the NFC championship without Favre.

Hell, if I could have nothing but the "goods" from taking steroids I'd do it it too...But you get the bad WITH the good and you have to deal with it and accept it.

Unfortuneately for Viking fans, their balls will be small for the rest of their lives no matter how much they scream "I'm clean".
Thought I'd add to my own joke. Sorry, but it's just too easy.

Word is, Brett Favre wants to go to the Lions so he can stick it to the Vikings.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to miss most of the second half, but I saw the last five minutes of regulation and overtime. There were a few people supporting Favre in the room I was in, and I just laughed uncontrollably when he threw the last pick. Absolutely awesome ending, and I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances of Favre cursing the Minnesota front office and announcing he wants to be a Chicago Bear in 2010?

2007 he threw away the Championship game for us and you would think he would want to stay with the team that got him that close to the SB, but instead he played in exile for a year just to get to our rival.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I wouldn't cheer for the Vikings if they were playing against al-Quaeda.
gotta love tfln

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping a former Packer QB made it to the superbow last nightl, Mark Brunell. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I was hoping a former Packer QB made it to the superbow last nightl, Mark Brunell. ;)
BRILLIANT!

This has to hurt: Thirty-one first downs, outgaining the Saints by 218 yards, rendering Reggie Bush (seven carries, eight yards) irrelevant except for one short touchdown catch, not allowing a Saints' wideout a 20-yard catch all day ... and losing. Throwing it away. Fumbling it away. Eight fumbles or interceptions in 13 possessions.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0demC1bZ5
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do Vikings eat cereal off of a plate?

Every time they get close to a bowl, they choke.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to this makes me so happy.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Listening to this makes me so happy.

Never gets old!

they get smoked.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
NAVY
Veteran

NAVY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Completely off topic...well sort of... who is the other guy that has seven jerseys?

I seem to find my way back to this site every jan/feb....
Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
NAVY
Veteran

NAVY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BTW how awesome was it to see Sharper level favre? I thought it was one of the best hits of the game.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Sharper until he decided to be a purple piece of crap. Hes alright now I guess playing for the Saints but he was a huge douche on the Vikings. I loved the game where he was blabing "I look good in purple" or some crap. Then the announcers talked about how he knew what to expect from Favre (when he was a Packer) and that he'd basically read him or whatever. Next play Driver burned him for like an 80 yard td.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY View Post
BTW how awesome was it to see Sharper level favre? I thought it was one of the best hits of the game.
It was awesome.
My question about it is this:
Do you think Dom Capers learned any lessons from Greg Williams with the defensive gameplan?

I do not believe the Saints defensive personnel is as talented as the Packers is, on any level. But Williams devised some schemes to A) pressure the QB, B) mix up the coverages to confuse the QB, and C) pressure the QB.

As a result, the Saints contained both Warner and Farve, whereas we gave up about 140-passer rating in 3 games versus the two.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

what if favre doesnt continue his streak in the offseason and instead commits to playing early on so the vikings dont trade for another qb, like mcnabb, and then he no longer has a spot on the team he really wanted to play for. but then come training camp he decides it really is time to retire and then retires leaving them with sage and tavaris.

Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
what if favre doesnt continue his streak in the offseason and instead commits to playing early on so the vikings dont trade for another qb, like mcnabb, and then he no longer has a spot on the team he really wanted to play for. but then come training camp he decides it really is time to retire and then retires leaving them with sage and tavaris.
Those are questions for the Vikings now. I no longer give a ****.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Those are questions for the Vikings now. I no longer give a ****.
I hearddd that.

Brett Favre losing that game...

Vindication, validation, redemption, affirmation, authentication, proof, justification, atonement, satisfaction, verification, evidence,

...all in one. Like cvv84 said, Merry Christmas. And finally the "will he/won't he" problem is not ours to care about! Breath'n easy.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
It was awesome.
My question about it is this:
Do you think Dom Capers learned any lessons from Greg Williams with the defensive gameplan?

I do not believe the Saints defensive personnel is as talented as the Packers is, on any level. But Williams devised some schemes to A) pressure the QB, B) mix up the coverages to confuse the QB, and C) pressure the QB.

As a result, the Saints contained both Warner and Farve, whereas we gave up about 140-passer rating in 3 games versus the two.
I blame Capers above anyone for losing to Arizona. He was our hero through most of the season so that's tough to accept. I don't know why he screwed up I'm just hoping his second year goes better because his defense didn't show up in some key games. Other than that we were an elite defensive team all year so I don't know what to say about it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

This ProBowl massive "backout" is becoming a joke. 7 centers in the AFC can now say they are pro bowlers. With everyone dropping out in the NFC, I'm confused why no Packers are being named. There are several atleast as worthy as some of the new names being added.

Rodgers should start this game.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
This ProBowl massive "backout" is becoming a joke. 7 centers in the AFC can now say they are pro bowlers. With everyone dropping out in the NFC, I'm confused why no Packers are being named. There are several atleast as worthy as some of the new names being added.

Rodgers should start this game.
Probably because we don't sit there and vote for every player on our team to go unlike our neighbors to the west.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I like having pro-bowlers but really its just a joke now anyways. I rather not have anyone play just because if a Packer did get hurt Id be so pissed off.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Ya I like having pro-bowlers but really its just a joke now anyways. I rather not have anyone play just because if a Packer did get hurt Id be so pissed off.
I think they should name the Pro Bowlers but just get rid of the game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Its officianl, Aaron Rodgers is your starting QB for the NFC in the Pro Bowl.

You guys have to check out this old cartoon about Rodgers too. Its hilarious

Last edited by cvv84 : 01-26-2010 at 10:10 PM.