Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think they should name the Pro Bowlers but just get rid of the game
X2.
No doubt. Just name the REAL guys who earned it, and don't play the fake game.

Chad 85 and Deion Sanders are cracking me up here though, on the NFL Network now! I gotta tip my cap to them. Ocho was hilarious there, then Primetime gives him the classic "Child Please."
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Here is the man at practice...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen the newest episode of NFL Films Presents? They showed the Cardinals hit on Rodgers in OT, facemask included (ugh), in super-slow-mo.

Just as the fumble was recovered it cut away to Mike McCarthy...He dropped to his knees an put his head down as the Cardinals ran the ball in and ended their season. It just reopened the wound, but really was a fascinating look at the end of the game. I've never seen MM show that much emotion, and he looked broken.

It airs on ESPN2 occasionally late at night or afternoons. Definitely worth checking out if the re-run it anytime soon.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Has anyone seen the newest episode of NFL Films Presents? They showed the Cardinals hit on Rodgers in OT, facemask included (ugh), in super-slow-mo.

Just as the fumble was recovered it cut away to Mike McCarthy...He dropped to his knees an put his head down as the Cardinals ran the ball in and ended their season. It just reopened the wound, but really was a fascinating look at the end of the game. I've never seen MM show that much emotion, and he looked broken.

It airs on ESPN2 occasionally late at night or afternoons. Definitely worth checking out if the re-run it anytime soon.
I'm still in the healing process man.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm still in the healing process man.
Me too.... too soon yet. But I did open my list on DVR today and rewatch the last 2 minutes of the Vikings-Saints game and then overtime. That's like an ice cream sundae dessert over and over. I'm gonna keep it on my DVR for a long time :)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I did see that too today. I can't believe they never showed a replay of when McCarthy did that after the game.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/vi..._1d87d48f790c/

Shows it at the end of this one too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers G.M. Ted Thompson doesn't dip his toe into the free agent waters too often, but one of his most successful signings came in 2006 when he picked up defensive tackle Ryan Pickett.

That four-year deal worked out so well, he wants to sign Pickett again.

The unrestricted free agent is Thompson's top offseason priority, according to Greg A. Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Pickett was a bargain for $14 million over four years last time around, and is sure to get a raise.

The two sides are already in contract negotiations. If the Packers can cross Pickett off the list, Bedard writes their next move will be to retain left tackle Chad Clifton, who is also an unrestricted free agent. The team will also offer a contract to Aaron Kampman, who is coming off a torn ACL, but he won't be a priority.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-pickett/

I like hearing that. I don't think offering a contract to Kampman is the right direction to go, but if TT can bring back Pickett the offseason will have started off definitely on the right track.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Aaron Kampman. He's been one of my favorite players to watch for the past few years, and you have to love his endless motor. Unfortuneately he just doesn't really fit in the Packers scheme.

He was a nearly 300 pound DT in college wasn't he? I don't think he'll get any more agile or quick than he already is, especially if that means dropping a bit more weight to stay a 3-4 LB.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kampman was a linebacker at Iowa

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Kampman was a linebacker at Iowa
He was LB'er his freshman and sophmore year at Iowa, but switched to defensive line for his junior and senior season. I mixed up the order, but he put on weight to play D-line. I'm not sure why exactly he traded positions, but it very well could be because he wasn't fast enough as a linebacker. Just a thought.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/kampman_aaron/

Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-pickett/

I like hearing that. I don't think offering a contract to Kampman is the right direction to go, but if TT can bring back Pickett the offseason will have started off definitely on the right track.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Aaron Kampman. He's been one of my favorite players to watch for the past few years, and you have to love his endless motor. Unfortuneately he just doesn't really fit in the Packers scheme.

He was a nearly 300 pound DT in college wasn't he? I don't think he'll get any more agile or quick than he already is, especially if that means dropping a bit more weight to stay a 3-4 LB.
I'm a little torn on what to do with Pickett. When he was at 100% he was a dominant and instrumental for our run defense. Problem is he's been dinged up the past few years so theres that question of injury for him. I'd really prefer to transition tag him instead of committing alot of guaranteed money to him. Who know, maybe we draft someone capable of being a descent backup and we start Raji, making Pickett available via trade.

The offer to Kampman just seems like a courtesy more than anything. Both sides know he didn't transition well. He does need to drop at least 15 lbs but thats going to be very tough to do this offseason with a surgically repaired knee.

Pickett, Clifton, and Tauscher should be our top priorities.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you be torn on what to do with Pickett? He was a integral part of the #1 Run defense in the NFL. Bring him back.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The Kampman situation is interesting.
We don't think he fits the scheme very well.
But McCarthy, Thompson, Capers and Greene know better.
If they don't think he fits, then they will cash him out as best they can.

I do remember Bedard or McGinn pointing out that he had by far the most QB pressures and/or hits before his ACL snapped. We need guys to get to the Farve's, Brees', Romo's, McNabb's of the world next season. And then get to Peyton Manning.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
How can you be torn on what to do with Pickett? He was a integral part of the #1 Run defense in the NFL. Bring him back.
Injuries, age, money. I'm not saying don't bring him back, just that I think it might be foolish to sign him long term.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Fellas, what are each of your thoughts/opinions of a rumored deal with the framework of AJ Hawk for Antonio Cromartie?
Draft picks would be exhanged as well, not sure which to whom though.

I believe both guys will be entering their 5th year.
Many Charger fans think AC is on the way out.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Injuries, age, money. I'm not saying don't bring him back, just that I think it might be foolish to sign him long term.
I like the idea of Raji becoming the full-time starter with his young legs, and having a healthy Pickett rotating in and out throughout the game would only make his impact felt much more.

You're right though about the injuries, age, and guaranteeing him a lot of money...I guess it all depends what the contract looks like. I just love their D-line depth though and would hate to see something happen like when Cole left and Corey Williams was traded leaving them thin.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Fellas, what are each of your thoughts/opinions of a rumored deal with the framework of AJ Hawk for Antonio Cromartie?
Draft picks would be exhanged as well, not sure which to whom though.

I believe both guys will be entering their 5th year.
Many Charger fans think AC is on the way out.
Green Bay gambled on Charles Woodson, when they signed him hoping to get the best off Charles and not the injury plagued guy towards the end of his Oakland career.

If we were able to land the Cromartie from a couple years ago who picked off Peyton Manning 3 times in his 1st career start and was hungry to show his skills, then hell yes. But for some reason he's regressed in San Diego this season. It's a tough call, because I like Hawk but could be a steal if we got pro-bowl Cromartie.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I'm not opposed to Cromarite but there is a big difference. Woodson was a good player that was injured. Cro simply hasn't been much of a good player.

they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
He missed two game due to a hammy pull. And last year played well through a triceps injury. Those aren't exactly injury-prone type of injuries, those are things that just happen. Age isn't a concern really. He's only 30, DT are still well in their prime at 30.

they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He missed two game due to a hammy pull. And last year played well through a triceps injury. Those aren't exactly injury-prone type of injuries, those are things that just happen. Age isn't a concern really. He's only 30, DT are still well in their prime at 30.
He's getting older and developing nagging injuries. Not exactally someone I'd want to tie up with a long term deal. Especially when you have a very promising young guy who we spent a top 10 pick on. The transition tag would make much more sense considering a potential lockout in 2011.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm not opposed to Cromarite but there is a big difference. Woodson was a good player that was injured. Cro simply hasn't been much of a good player.
After Chillar got paid, im sure Hawk's agent requested a trade or already knew he would have to look elswhere for AJ to get his money. I was thinking of trading Hawk for a pick but trading Hawk for Cro would be even better. There's no corner in the draft with Cro's ball skills and size. True both hawk and Cro have been underperforming but maybe a change of scenery would revive both guys careers. Cro could learn a lot with Woodson.

Also, we wouldnt have to draft a Corner with a high pick unless we're planning on moving Woodson to safety...
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Twitter convo between Nick Barnett, Ryan Grant, and Trey Wingo:

Quote:
Here is a fun late-January Twitter conversation between Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett (@nickbarnett), ESPN’s Trey Wingo (@wingoz) and Green Bay tailback Ryan Grant (@RyanGrant25):

Barnett: What you guys think @shawnemerriman in the green and gold????
Wingo: @NickBarnett more to the point [sic] nick, what do YOU think?
Grant: @wingoz I think that's a great idea
Barnett: @wingoz I think he is a great player but honestly. I would like to see us get Kampman back. One free agent I would like to see Dwan Edwards
Barnett: @wingoz but don't get me wrong if we don't get kamp back would love to have him... But he would have to change his number lol

To translate for the non-Twitterati, Barnett was playfully suggesting the idea of Green Bay signing San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman this offseason if incumbent Aaron Kampman doesn’t return. (Like Barnett, Merriman wears No. 56.) Barnett also referred to Baltimore defensive end Dwan Edwards.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ther-fantasies

Interesting stuff, even if it is only a couple players joking around. Although Merriman will command a big contract, and I don't know if he's worth it.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-28-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Merriman started it by posting on his account "I'm going to sleep but that's the question for the next 24hrs what team can use me the best?"

He's plays the LOLB spot which would be an ideal but can he return to his all pro form?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely bring Pickett back. He's still a very good player, and it gives us much more flexibility along the line.

The part about Kampman not being a priority really makes me think he won't be back (which I already assumed). They'll probably offer him something obviously lower than what he'd get in free agency. Kampman would be better off on a 4-3 team anyway, so he doesn't have a lot of motivation to return.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Definitely bring Pickett back. He's still a very good player, and it gives us much more flexibility along the line.

The part about Kampman not being a priority really makes me think he won't be back (which I already assumed). They'll probably offer him something obviously lower than what he'd get in free agency. Kampman would be better off on a 4-3 team anyway, so he doesn't have a lot of motivation to return.
Kampman may not have any interest in coming back to the Packers but why would TT just let a very good 4-3 DE walk out the door for nothing? It would seem to make more sense to tag Kampman and try to trade him. Although I think his value has dropped a little bit given his play last season and of course the injury that he sustained in November. Getting something in return for him would be better than nothing. If worse comes to worse and TT canít trade him then heís got one more year to try and develop as an OLB and prove that he can be a productive player at that position for us.