Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care if he lived up to the contract or not, spending $12-17 million a year on one player who isn't a QB is never a smart idea. We have a bunch of free agents of our own to sign and several guys to lock up long term. We could sign 3 good guys instead of 1 great guy.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

We are going to all have to agree to disagree on this. We all want this team to win however what they do to get there I don't really care. I think Peppers would add something to this defense that would be unlike something we've scene since Reggie.

I don't want to waste this great offense we have, let's get a defense around them so that the Packers can contend for years to come. Aaron is nearly at his peak and with Finley, James Jones, and Jordy coming into their own along with Jennings, Grant, Driver, now is the time to get a defense.

We have solid parts of the defense like Matthews, Raji, and Woodson, let's add a pass rusher in his prime. Someone already said it on here but it all comes down to getting pressure on the QB.

After another off-season in the 3-4 along with Peppers and Matthews on the edges, Jarret Bush might actually be serviceable.

I understand that it probably won't happen but I'll keep dreaming.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
1) Patriots - Tom Brady
2) Jets - Mark Sanchez
3) Bengals - Carson Palmer
4) Ravens - Joe Flacco
5) Colts - Peyton Manning
6) Chargers - Phillip Rivers
7) Eagles - Donovan McNabb
8) Packers - Aaron Rodgers

How is that not true?
Google the 2004 Draft. That's my one clue for you. 8)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? You said that 4 of the NFC teams this year didn't draft their current QB and I said that 8 of the 12 playoff teams did. You make no sense.

Be realistic. Green Bay isn't the destination for top tier free agents and Ted Thompson doesn't make blockbuster trades. Would these guys help? Most definetly. Throw out Reggie White's name all you want but thats when free agency was new.

Last edited by cvv84 : 02-02-2010 at 09:32 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly hope you're not talking about the fact that the Chargers traded for Philip Rivers, rather then keeping Eli Manning...who is also a pro bowl franchise QB...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Okay that doesn't even count. Rivers was a Giant for less than 5 minutes. It's like say Marbury or Dirk were Bucks players. Even with Rivers out of the picture over half were still drafted by the team they lead to the playoffs. Plus your arguement was about free agent signings and not trades.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Did anyone read this yet? It's about Collins and Sharper. It really kinda of got me upset. Sharper was my favorite player growing up, they drafted him when I was in 5th and 6th grade and he instantly became my Favorite Packer. I was sucked when TT released him. Then we drafted Collins, and he turned out to be really good and makes the same type of big plays Sharper did. Now here he is 26, just went to back to back pro-bowls, and really is hitting the prime of his career and TT has shown no interest in locking him up long-term. It doesn't make sense to me.

He has a good amount of blown coverages and I hate his can be questionable at times but I don't think there is a team in the NFL that wouldn't want to have him. It's mind bottling! (Will Ferrell quote)

Favorite part of blog post:
Quote:
Sharper was then asked whether he thought he was going to follow in Butler's footsteps and retire as a Packer.

"I thought I was," Sharper said. "Then enters Ted Thompson."
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Did anyone read this yet? It's about Collins and Sharper. It really kinda of got me upset. Sharper was my favorite player growing up, they drafted him when I was in 5th and 6th grade and he instantly became my Favorite Packer. I was sucked when TT released him. Then we drafted Collins, and he turned out to be really good and makes the same type of big plays Sharper did. Now here he is 26, just went to back to back pro-bowls, and really is hitting the prime of his career and TT has shown no interest in locking him up long-term. It doesn't make sense to me.

He has a good amount of blown coverages and I hate his can be questionable at times but I don't think there is a team in the NFL that wouldn't want to have him. It's mind bottling! (Will Ferrell quote)

Favorite part of blog post:
A potential lockout in 2011 is holding everything up if you ask me. I don't think the Packers want to invest alot of money in players that might not be playing. Thompson has shown that he isn't affraid to lock up the guys he brought in (Rodgers, Poppinga, Jennings, Grant, Chillar)

I think he's playing hard ball with Collins to humble him. Seems to be working lately after Collins threatened holdout. I don't see us no signing Collins long term at some point in the near future.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any reason we'd let Collins walk. We have more time to make that contract happen than people realize. Regarding Sharper taking a jab at TT - any player that doesn't get resigned is going to take it personally. We can't sign everyone. Seeing Sharper make the pro bowl points to a mistake on Thompson's part, but to be fair who knows what waves and ripples resigning him would have had (like Collins wearing different colors).

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you telling me the Chargers drafted Philip Rivers?
I mean you made it technical disputing the fact that none of the final 4 NFC QBs were drafted by their teams after someone said it was very rare and lucky the Vikings got a good one in Farve without having to draft him. How rare is it when the best 4 in the NFC got their QBs without drafting them? That's not rare. Maybe more uncommon than drafting one, but it's not rare.

And to just call the Vikings "lucky" for their success is bitter and immature.

They took big swings trading for Jared Allen, signing FAs like Longwell, Hutchinson, Winfield, P Williams, M Williams, etc. That's not luck. That's aggressive. And they swept us and have won the division from us the past 2 seasons. Nobody hates the Vikings more than I do, but their approach has been no less successful than ours has. Let's drop the ego and admit facts here.

As for Peppers, no kidding that he will be expensive and it's no secret that we would seem to be a team that would not be aggressive pursuing him.
But I agree with Michael Lombardi and RockJock that it would be the best thing that we could do to our team. It would solve our biggest weakness. It would give us one of the NFL's best playmakers... he's a difference-maker. I subscribe to the theory that the team with the best playmakers has the best chance to win Super Bowls.

Peppers would be our Demarcus Ware, our Jared Allen, our Dwight Freeney and he deserves to be paid in that range.

We aren't in bad shape financially, even with this being an uncapped year, if we need to, we can free up some money by going rookie in replacing Donald Lee, Kampman, Colledge, Jarrett Bush, etc. We don't have to though. We can take on Peppers and give him a new contract. Trust in Ted. But no, I would not bet on in happening.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
A potential lockout in 2011 is holding everything up if you ask me. I don't think the Packers want to invest alot of money in players that might not be playing. Thompson has shown that he isn't affraid to lock up the guys he brought in (Rodgers, Poppinga, Jennings, Grant, Chillar)

I think he's playing hard ball with Collins to humble him. Seems to be working lately after Collins threatened holdout. I don't see us no signing Collins long term at some point in the near future.
That CBA mess is without question the big issue at the moment regarding Collins.
If he was going to be an UFA like normal, he would have been locked up by now. But he's not. He's basically trapped for another year, or even two. So he's not as high priority as someone else who might get away easier. Plus we could always tag Collins and if someone else wanted him bad enough, the Packers would get some serious compensation for him. I'm pretty sure that would never happen though. But in this business, you never say never. I think we've all learned that.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Hey I'm new here still, relatively, but is there something I have to do to see images? I've posted them before, but can't see them. Now reading this from holy Moses, I can't see any there either but it looks like some are posted. Is it my settings, or does this site not show photos? A little help for the new kid thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
This is starting to become a theme here and I can see this post getting bumped quite a bit...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Where or who is Moses? I've been here a month and never seen the guy post .....
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where or who is Moses? I've been here a month and never seen the guy post .....
He's been removed from the site

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

he got removed??? wow he has a big time poster when he was active. what happened?
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

he now enters the realm of those who will be known in infamy like KwikDaSheek
Old 02-03-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
he got removed??? wow he has a big time poster when he was active. what happened?
He was removed a loooong time ago. He keeps trying to come back under new names. He couldn't keep his mouth shut on controversial issues that are not supposed to be discussed on here.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

fair enough, dam canadians lol.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://packerchatters.com/?p=11062
AJ Hawk and a 2nd for Cromartie and a 3rd?

Come take a ride on the lollercoaster, this deal would essentially be the Pack trading their 3rd for the Chargers' 2nd.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i dont see it happening....
Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
http://packerchatters.com/?p=11062
AJ Hawk and a 2nd for Cromartie and a 3rd?

Come take a ride on the lollercoaster, this deal would essentially be the Pack trading their 3rd for the Chargers' 2nd.
Hell no. Packerchatters is a terrible site for info too.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packerchatters is awful.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Packerchatters is about as legit as Jarrett Bush being a true shut down corner... catch my drift.

I don't even waste my time reading anything from there anymore and if I do I take it with a grain of sand.

Quote:
They took big swings trading for Jared Allen, signing FAs like Longwell, Hutchinson, Winfield, P Williams, M Williams, etc. That's not luck. That's aggressive. And they swept us and have won the division from us the past 2 seasons. Nobody hates the Vikings more than I do, but their approach has been no less successful than ours has. Let's drop the ego and admit facts here.

As for Peppers, no kidding that he will be expensive and it's no secret that we would seem to be a team that would not be aggressive pursuing him.
But I agree with Michael Lombardi and RockJock that it would be the best thing that we could do to our team. It would solve our biggest weakness. It would give us one of the NFL's best playmakers... he's a difference-maker. I subscribe to the theory that the team with the best playmakers has the best chance to win Super Bowls.
Two questions for ya?

How many Superbowls have the Vikings been to since going on there spending spree?

Did Albert Haynesworth, the man consider by many the best defense of player in the game bring the Redskins to the promise land this season?

Sidenote: The 2008 season marked the first season since 2000 that the Vikings finished with a winning record and made the playoffs. And in those 8 seasons they pissed away a lot of money just to lose games.

Edit: couldn't get the picture to work..

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
fair enough, dam canadians lol.
Hey!! I mean eh!
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote