Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
#1- it's the off-season and nothing happens for certain... until it actually happens. all we have for 3 months are ideas and speculation. i know of a website where a year ago most of the dudes tried to dismiss any talk about us converting to a 3-4 defense. they thought that since they convinced each other it was a bad idea, that it actually must be a bad idea and hence would not happen. then reality bit them. and it happened.

#2- michael lombardi's article is what brought this up in the first place. he's on the nfl network and has worked in front offices of actual NFL teams, so he knows more than i do. or even some of you guys.

#3- even though we never got randy moss, the rumors about him early on were true, and it grew..... and there really was a deal to be made and the raiders thought they had one with us.....

#4- stranger things have happened. reggie white was never going to sign in the village of green bay, when he could just pick the 49ers or redskins or even cowboys. lessons learned.... you never say never.

#1 Agreed, people get bored and throw out ideas, some actually catch, 90% don't. It is the exact same as sitting on here in September talking about the draft. We have no clue where anyone is going to go or draft but we do it anyways because it makes us feel like a GM. ha we are all guilty. We love football

#2 Matt Millen was President, CEO, and GM for the Lions for 8 years..enough said ha not all Front Office people have a clue. Plus no former front office analyst knows anymore than any one of us about what the Packers are going to do because only TT and his staff know and the rest is pure 100% speculation.

#3 Randy Moss plus Brett Favre in 2007 would have = a Super Bowl at the cost of a forth round pick. Instead TT got gun shy didn't pull the trigger, Patriots did and since he has been one of the most dominate WR in the NFL. TT's worst mistake....even worse than Harrell. Very sore subject and angers me as I type. That is the only time during the TT era that I was tempted to become a JSOnline TT hater...(I swear I lose more and more intellegence every time I read most of those idiots comments on the blogs....just ingnorant people)

#4 I was to young to really notice what was all going on when he signed with the Packers (like 6 or 7) but from what I've read it surprised a lot of people. The thing with Reggie is he wasn't a guy who needed to be in the spot light or a big city. He was a good man who didn't mind a place like GB. Guys like Peppers......they don't care about tradition, becoming a Wisconsin GOD (check CC Sabathia), or any of that. They want their money, front page news, everyone to turn on them for every tiny mistake and all that other glorious stuff they get for going to a big market team.

---Side note if the Cowboys do sign Peppers I would be 110% on board to try to trade for Anthony Spencer. The guy is coming into his own and could be that other guy opposite of Clay.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Also if any of you post on JSOnline.... sorry and no offense, ha I like you guys. I'm talking more about the ones who every post has TT needs to die or just some other amazingly dumb comments. For the Brewers and Packers blog almost every other post is just absolutely horrendious and written by 12 year olds who have no clue about sports. Nothing they say has any substance at all and drives me nuts. ha
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading the Jsonline posts ( and many of the articles for that matter) is a waste of time.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Reading the Jsonline posts ( and many of the articles for that matter) is a waste of time.
Yes it is (but I for the most part articles beside I get mad when they put them in them in the PI) But for some reason after every blog I read i check them comments. I think it is curiousity or to see if they are getting smarter (nope they are a lost cause). You can actually make it a game, every day you see how far you can read before you mental can not take anymore.... It is usually after the first one lol
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

whatever picks we would have to trade for peppers id feel alot better if we just packaged that and traded up to secure graham to be honest. peppers is in his prime dont get me wrong. but how much longer does he really have. id rather use the ammo and get someone younger and pay him considerably less money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
whatever picks we would have to trade for peppers id feel alot better if we just packaged that and traded up to secure graham to be honest. peppers is in his prime dont get me wrong. but how much longer does he really have. id rather use the ammo and get someone younger and pay him considerably less money
True, but it's still totally up in the air what will happen with Peppers. Sure they'd like to get something for him and not just lose him like Tenneessee lost Haynesworth and San Diego lost Brees, but they might not. He might simply walk, who knows.

They might like Kampman.

As for Peppers, I agree he's a moody guy, but he's not a guy that demands the spotlight. He's not causing stirs tweeting or making rap songs or being in trouble with the law, etc. I think away from the field, he's a pretty calm, mature family guy which would fit in Green Bay. His personality reminds me a bit of Ryan Pickett/AJ Hawk.

And he's not old. He's got as many good years left as Woodson does, more than Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Harris. I'd be 100% happy with Graham too, but adding a veteran who is ready and hungry for a Super Bowl would be perfect. But Peppers has to have that hunger for a ring, like Woodson and Driver do. I can't tell from afar if he does or not. If TT thinks he does, I bet he makes a play for him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True, but it's still totally up in the air what will happen with Peppers. Sure they'd like to get something for him and not just lose him like Tenneessee lost Haynesworth and San Diego lost Brees, but they might not. He might simply walk, who knows.

They might like Kampman.

As for Peppers, I agree he's a moody guy, but he's not a guy that demands the spotlight. He's not causing stirs tweeting or making rap songs or being in trouble with the law, etc. I think away from the field, he's a pretty calm, mature family guy which would fit in Green Bay. His personality reminds me a bit of Ryan Pickett/AJ Hawk.

And he's not old. He's got as many good years left as Woodson does, more than Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Harris. I'd be 100% happy with Graham too, but adding a veteran who is ready and hungry for a Super Bowl would be perfect. But Peppers has to have that hunger for a ring, like Woodson and Driver do. I can't tell from afar if he does or not. If TT thinks he does, I bet he makes a play for him.
not saying i wouldnt want to add him just saying i would rather invest the picks and well under half the money in someone younger. if he walks from carolina itd be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

I see Peppers as a guy who cares more about fame and spotlight than being a humble small town guy but thats me. He is a guy who turned down a contract making him the richest defensive player in the league coming off a horrible 2.5 sack season. Not saying isn't a good guy but I doubt i'd ever find GB as a place for him to play
Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't come to Green Bay because we won't pay top dollar to a guy who plays a position that doesn't exist in our defense.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
He won't come to Green Bay because we won't pay top dollar to a guy who plays a position that doesn't exist in our defense.
He won't come to Green Bay because the Packers don't want him to.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

I think it is officially time for us to move on from any Peppers talk because it is rather pointless. Unless it is about the Cowboys signing him and us trading our 2nd pick for Anthony Spencer who would no longer have a job in Dallas. :)

Won't happen but would be nice, the guy is really stepping up his game.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
I think it is officially time for us to move on from any Peppers talk because it is rather pointless. Unless it is about the Cowboys signing him and us trading our 2nd pick for Anthony Spencer who would no longer have a job in Dallas. :)

Won't happen but would be nice, the guy is really stepping up his game.
From 1 pipe dream to another.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers doesn't fit in Green Bay one bit. I don't think there's any interest on either side, yet alone mutual interest. Maybe it's just me but every bit of this Peppers to Green Bay talk is wishful thinking. I think he goes to a bigger market, Philadelphia comes to mind, that will pay him. Personally, I don't think we would pay him anywhere close to what he would be asking which would be 'highest paid defensive player' money to play another position.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does FA start now with this CBA mess?
Who's gonna be the big ticket early signees?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On this day in 1992 Brett Favre was traded from the Atlanta Falcons to the Green Bay Packers...Hindsight Atlanta management says, "ouch."

That joke hasn't been done to death or anything.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 02-11-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Ha,yeah but mine isn't serious at all. Cowboys would be dumb as hell to part ways with him. The smily face was there to indicate that I was joking. Realistically we prob grab some OLB in the first 3 rounds of the draft. If it isn't until the 3rd i'd hope it would be Witten from UConn. His brother is actually Donte Whitner so athletic family except he has much more bulk and size. He looks good from what I've seen. May shot up into the 2nd with big combine.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Meh, stuff like that happens all the time.Just like TT is looking to trade Rodgers and Clay. ;)

they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Meh, stuff like that happens all the time.Just like TT is looking to trade Rodgers and Clay. ;)
I hear thats because TT realized he was wrong with Favre and wants to bring him back to Green Bay.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-predicament/
Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

I like Scotts mock for us....Graham in the 1st and Kyle Wilson in the 2nd. That would be pretty nice but man he has some real questionable picks. Tebow to the Pats in the first gave me a pretty nice laugh.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not know Chad Morton was a coach for us.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Brown wants to see Aaron Kampman in a Bears uniform next season...probably Aaron's best option if he wants to play in a 4-3, have a chance to win and stay close to where he lives.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Vikings taught me anything it's that I hate playing against any ex Packer. However I think Kampman might be regressing sooner than people think. He has played in a lot of games in his career with a style and approach to the game that is tough on a body. He'll play 1 season (maybe 2) without being fully recovered from the torn ACL and then he'll be 32.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Porter was released today. Would you guys want to see the Packers bring him in for a year?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Joey Porter was released today. Would you guys want to see the Packers bring him in for a year?
The guy is a idiot, but he would be a nice upgrade for the pass rush.

I'd be all for it. Probably take some of those double teams away from Matthews.

Much more realistic option than Peppers.

they get smoked.