Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there no fans of Brad Jones here besides me? Unless there is a match-made-in-heaven player in FA or draft (Brandon Graham maybe) I want to see him play in 2010.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Are there no fans of Brad Jones here besides me? Unless there is a match-made-in-heaven player in FA or draft (Brandon Graham maybe) I want to see him play in 2010.
You mean, like Joey Porter? I like Brad, but you can never have too many pass rushers.

He won't officially be released until March FYI.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm right there with you. A lot of people seem ready to move on past Jones already, but I don't see why we need to go out of our way to replace a guy who flashed a lot of potential in half a season as a rookie. I would consider OT to be far and away our biggest need, with corner second.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm not a fan but didn't see enough in him to have him be are main option. He played okay, but didn't stand out as a difference maker. Most people including me on here think we need another difference maker opposite of Clay. Jones isn't a guy you need to game plan for or be worried about. For opposing teams it is a pretty easy choice who to attack, the stud playmaker Matthews or the guy who works hard but doesn't have the pure talent need to make an impact. He also needs to put on some bulk and add some strength. Not idea size and lacks the strength needed to go against DE's. You can't just run around them every play and open up lanes.

I wouldn't mind Joey if he keeps his mouth shut and just does his job. The prob is he still talks and acts like he is this great player when he hasn't backed it up the last few years.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the thing:
We're expecting to begin 2010 with Tauscher and Clifton back at OT.
With them in there, are statistics/offense were phenomenal. So the offense should roll in 2010.

On the other side, we lost games, got embarassed because our pass defense sucked. Four times we made QB's look like God out there, including our exit in Arizona. So that has to be fixed first & foremost and that's obvious to everybody.
Some say our CB's/S's need upgrading worse, others say our it begins with the pass rush. I'm totally on the side of the pass rush. I've seen a lot of average D-backfields camoflauged by big pass rushes.

I do like Brad Jones, and was very excited when we drafted him and he got to play. I also hold out hope for Cyril Obiozor.

But whatever the case may be there at LOLB, we need to make QBs feel the heat from that side, so offenses can't just start to chip away at Clay and double him up, giving QBs all day back there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I'm right there with you. A lot of people seem ready to move on past Jones already, but I don't see why we need to go out of our way to replace a guy who flashed a lot of potential in half a season as a rookie. I would consider OT to be far and away our biggest need, with corner second.
Even if Jones is the starter we still have just as little depth at OLB as we do Corner but at least at CB we have 3 guys who are good players and proven it. Woodson, Harris, and Williams. OLB we have Clay Matthews who is a stud then we have a bunch of unproven guys.

CB
Woodson- Incredible
Harris- serious injury but if 100% still one of the most hated corners by WR's. Dion listed him him Champ Bailey as the top CB's of the decade for a reason. People hate on him but there is not one WR who enjoys being matched against him. Way to physical for them.
Williams- I think he is a legit NFL #2 CB. No complaints.
Underwood- I think he has a lot of potential and hope to see him show it this season.
Lee - 2nd round pick that many people really like out of Auburn. Has been injuried first two years but if healthy could be good.
Blackmon Great returner, doesn't offer much in coverage
Bush .....................

is no worse than

OLB
Matthews Jr.- Proved himself more than enough
Jones- Showed Flashes but not enough to believe he is the answer
Thompson- Injuried hasn't shown anything in the very small sample to stand out.
Poppinga- Played considerable less than in the past and team seems to show they have no more interest in him for the new scheme. (Funny because coming out of College he was a DE and 3-4 OLB prospect)
Obiozor- Team liked him in camp and maybe he could blossom like Harrison as a UDFA.

At least at CB the concern is on health, at OLB it is about talent.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Al Harris's knee injury:

Trainer: "probably one of the worst knee injuries I've seen in my 20 years experience"

Harris: "I blew out my ACL, LCL, IT band, little hamstring, pretty much just tore up the whole lateral side of my knee"

I don't think he'll come back from this at his age (35-36). Too bad, he's a good person and he's done a lot for us, but I think the ride's over.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think he'll come back from this at his age (35-36). Too bad, he's a good person and he's done a lot for us, but I think the ride's over.
I saw somewhere that the Packers asked him to push back his bonus due date. Harris just isn't going to be the same player even when healthy though. We need to start developing guys ASAP.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. Harris & Kampman in the same game, at home.
Versus the 49ers. Just like Robert Brooks in 1996. At home. Versus the Niners.
But that year we went on to win the Super Bowl.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That sucks. Harris & Kampman in the same game, at home.
Versus the 49ers. Just like Robert Brooks in 1996. At home. Versus the Niners.
But that year we went on to win the Super Bowl.
Maybe we can sign Andre Rison to play CB?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Maybe we can sign Andre Rison to play CB?
Thinking outside the box! I like that. So does Sean Payton.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
janisch

Rodgers is a savage! in case nobody knew this
Old 02-15-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone mention me?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. Green Bay Packers - The Packers will get help at tackle, another year in 3-4 defense will aid their cause as well. Quarterback Aaron Rogers is Super Bowl ready.
Are you kidding?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

We are a franchise offensive tackle and 1-2 DBs (not even starters, necessarily) away from legit contenders.

If we get a LT our line looks pretty solid with LT, C, RG all set, Lang in at LG or RT. That's every position except LG accounted for before we even bring Clifton and Tauscher into the mix, we can let my least favorite lineman Daryn Colledge walk, and resign Spitz to play LG or C.

My ideal line for 2010:
LT: Bryan Buluga/Chad Clifton (as 1, 2)
LG: Free Agent/Lang, Spitz
C: Wells, Spitz
RG: Sitton, Barbre
RT: Tauscher/Lang (as 1, 2)

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
We are a franchise offensive tackle and 1-2 DBs (not even starters, necessarily) away from legit contenders.

If we get a LT our line looks pretty solid with LT, C, RG all set, Lang in at LG or RT. That's every position except LG accounted for before we even bring Clifton and Tauscher into the mix, we can let my least favorite lineman Daryn Colledge walk, and resign Spitz to play LG or C.

My ideal line for 2010:
LT: Bryan Buluga/Chad Clifton (as 1, 2)
LG: Free Agent/Lang, Spitz
C: Wells, Spitz
RG: Sitton, Barbre
RT: Tauscher/Lang (as 1, 2)
If we went with that the two major differences I have would be Clifton needs to start if you sign him....why throw a rookie straight into the line of fire when you have a guy who has been the starter there for the last 10 years? Makes no sense not to bridge him.

Spitz is by far better at center than Wells and is actually a very good guard....If healthy you can't keep him on the bench behind a lesser center and a crappy FA pick up (all the best ones like Evans are now going to be RFA so market is aweful) Lang would be every suitable at LG also.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-17-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You missed my sig when Jones was drafted! Brad Jones is a heck of a player. I love guys like him and Tauscher that have a lot to prove and work evil hard on being the best they can be. I'd take Brad Jones over broken, worthless players like Harrell anyday!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Annual check of where everyone stands on the season ticket waiting list..... 77456!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Annual check of where everyone stands on the season ticket waiting list..... 77456!
don't have to wait :)

just need to get done with college so my mom can sign at least one over to me

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

is there somewhere online that i can sign up for tickets?
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
How do you check where you're at?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

I haven't got the thing in the mail yet but I am sure after 22 years (as soon as I was born) I still haven't made much progress. Season tickets are bullsh**, ha I prob will be 80 before I get them because you can just pass them on to your family members so not a very large turnover rate.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-20-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Hey did any of you know about Raji's young brother Corey? He is a junior on the BC basketball team and guy is a stud! He is 6'6 218 and I think if he can't make the NBA he should give football a go. He can jump out of the gym. He puts up 11pts 6 boards a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Rb3dnPkwk

lol it's night and day between BJ and him.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
How do you check where you're at?
Usually they send you something in the mail annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
is there somewhere online that i can sign up for tickets?
Right here.

But more than likely it will be your kids, kids, kids, kids who might get them.

Last edited by cvv84 : 02-20-2010 at 08:04 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
But more than likely it will be your kids, kids, kids, kids who might get them.
I'm kinda upset my old man didn't sign me up when I was first born.

they get smoked.