Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Yeah its hard to spend on a guy like Willie who hasn't been healthy to be our "Special back" LT I heard will end up back home with the Texans which would be good because it gives Slaton the chance to go to part and just slash which he is good at....Slaton was not good as the lone feature back.

Westbrook, I heard some stuff that he may retire because of the concussions. It may sound crazy to a lot of people but as a person has personally gone through a bunch (I have had around 11, few minor, 2-3, major ones) I think it is okay because they will haunt him the rest of his life.Football isn't life, if he feels he wants to live a long healthy life and not forget who his own children are some day.... retire now. After you had one it is like dominos and you will get more and more and more. It IS a serious issue that many old players now have to deal with and it is a shame. I was going to play in he Ironman Semi-Pro league but decided it isn't worth taking another shot to the head and destroying my future with my daughter and someday her children. Concussions will mess you up for life!

Best bet is to draft a guy. So Prince and GB 12 are right and you don't need to be a GM to see that. The life span for a RB is not very long, it sucks because I wish guys like Edge James and McAllister could play for a long time but it doesn't work that way anymore. If it was baseball a minor league deal (risk free signing) is all I would give Willie.

As for the international thing I agree Germany is big time into the game also Italy and Finland have really accepted it and love American Football. In England it will never ever top soccer, cricket, or rugby. It is a lost cause, they are set in their ways. Those games have been in play for almost 200 years or more and they live for them. Goodell, quit pressing!
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many 4.4 RBs are in the draft? Obviously Grant will get the lions share of carries and Jackson has turned into a descent 3rd down RB. Its not like Parker would be getting 100+ carries and I said if he'd sign for the right price. Man talk about turning a mole hill into a mountain...
Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Trendon Holiday would be great for KR/PR/3rd RB. He's probably going to be a 6th rounder, maybe a 5th but his speed is undeniable and he would bring another dimension to the Packers. Regardless of who, the packers need to upgrade their special teams across the board.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
How many 4.4 RBs are in the draft? Obviously Grant will get the lions share of carries and Jackson has turned into a descent 3rd down RB. Its not like Parker would be getting 100+ carries and I said if he'd sign for the right price. Man talk about turning a mole hill into a mountain...
Any evidence that Willie Parker still has 4.4 speed? He hasn't proved on the field over the last 2 years, hes has been a broken down train. And we will find out 2morrow how many RB's have 4.4 speed
Old 02-27-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ted wants a veteran presence at RB, it will probably be Ahman Green again.
If they want a speedster, it will probably be a rookie.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i have a feeling that a RB would be the pick in round 3. We are going to wait and see who is going to drop out of round two. cause there seems to be alot of RB's who are in the round 2 area.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Any evidence that Willie Parker still has 4.4 speed? He hasn't proved on the field over the last 2 years, hes has been a broken down train. And we will find out 2morrow how many RB's have 4.4 speed
He's been injured the past 2 seasons. Do you really think that Grant/Jackson are faster than Parker?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

IDK it has been to long to even tell... Parker could be running a 4.6 now for all I know. If he still was a burner you would think the Steelers would kinda want him around. I mean if we get a cheap, risk free contract for him then okay worth a shot. I rather buy a new car that will run for awhile instead of go to the used car lot and buy a clunker that may not run to well anymore... thats me, I'm not a GM and personally haven't seen Parker run lately, well or in the last 2 season so who knows. Speed doesn't last forever

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Justin Harrell is recovering. Will this be the year he finally makes a good contribution to the team?

Probably not.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Justin Harrell is recovering. Will this be the year he finally makes a good contribution to the team?

Probably not.
could only hope but it will be hard and he will need to fight to get into the rotation. With the steady rotation with Jolly, Jenkins, Raji and Wynn and Talley being two guys who are going to be getting better, it is not going to be easy for Harrell.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Probably not.
I think we need to ask if he'll make it through camp healthy and then go from there.

I was never a fan of the pick, but I almost feel sorry for him now; with all the problems he's had and given all the hard work to get back healthy, he hasn't been able to find the field at all.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been so long since he's even been able to practice or play...even if he was completely healthy all year he would be very rusty from all that time off.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't he suffering from a lingering back injury? That's the most alarming part of it. He simply cannot be an effective DT without a healthy back. That is one injury that affects every movement he makes.

Like going into a movie with really low expectations and leaving pleasantly surprised, I am hoping Harrell can show us something we haven't seen yet. Anything he can bring to the field will be considered a bonus with their already deep rotation.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Probably not.
Harrell will be cut this year and go into business with Joe Johnson, with Jamal Reynolds consulting. If those three had not been injured, the Packers defensive history the past decade would have been different. That could be said of a lot of the players that have been hurt in GB. Terrence Murphy might have been the solution to the Packers being in a decade-ish long slump in the return game.

Hopefully Pickett, Raji and Jenkins stay healthy and Jolly doesn't go to prison. Toss in the LBs and the front seven looks really good. I count on the players that are on the team, not those that are on IR. They're dead to me until they're on the field contributing.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Ooooh. Terrence Murphy! I remember being a big fan of T-Murph. I always thought he would have developed into a great player. But his injury probably led way to Greg Jennings being selected. So, eh. All things happen for a reason?

But still a shame about Murphy.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has FS Nick Collins been tendered yet? And if so, at what level?

Thanks.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good news: McCarthy named Finley the "starter" which is what he called Lee the past 3 years. Lee played in more snaps per game than Finley last year. Next year Lee is scheduled for a heavy dosage of special teams duty.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Has FS Nick Collins been tendered yet? And if so, at what level?

Thanks.
No, not yet. IF he is I'm sure it will be really high.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No, not yet. IF he is I'm sure it will be really high.
Okay, thanks.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me ax each of you guys a simple question here, with me setting it up first.
The season-ender killer loss to the Cardinals exposed my nworst nightmare, which was seen in Pittsburgh, and twice against the Vikings: Lack of Pass Rush = good QB's carving us apart.

Our rush defense was legit #1 vs the rush.

On offense, we all know our offense is capable of scoring 40 points on any defense.

So, my question is what player(s)/position(s) must we upgrade the most, the soonest, on this team to improve that pass defense?
Simple question, but I'm curious to hear all your answers.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but I felt like our terrible performances against the Cardinals and Steelers had more to do with terrible pass coverage than it did pass rush. Obviously the pass rush hurt us too, but receivers were wide open all game (I'm thinking back mostly to the Arizona game).

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but I felt like our terrible performances against the Cardinals and Steelers had more to do with terrible pass coverage than it did pass rush. Obviously the pass rush hurt us too, but receivers were wide open all game (I'm thinking back mostly to the Arizona game).
Alone? No way, its obvious the secondary needs some upgrades and some depth.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hear a lot of people (or maybe it's just the same people saying it a lot) putting those games on the pass rush, but I feel that had much less to do with getting ripped apart than the secondary.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I hear a lot of people (or maybe it's just the same people saying it a lot) putting those games on the pass rush, but I feel that had much less to do with getting ripped apart than the secondary.
I think its a combination of both. Both areas need to be upgraded. I read a quote from Capers at the end of the season where he said upgrading the pass rush was his number on priority.

they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Sure some extra pass rush never hurts, but our secondary was the problem. Spread the field and pick on the poor depth of our corners seemed to be the gameplan that killed us.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote