Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

also chad clifton is visiting the redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers fans... Aaron Kampman - I need the lowdown.

What was his injury? Did he play at all last year? How good was he before the injury? Good against the run? How much left in the tank?

It seems the Seahawks love to get white DEs with two years left in the tank.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Packers fans... Aaron Kampman - I need the lowdown.

What was his injury? Did he play at all last year? How good was he before the injury? Good against the run? How much left in the tank?

It seems the Seahawks love to get white DEs with two years left in the tank.
Kampman tore his ACL midway through the season last year playing a position that didn't come natural to him. Put him back at defensive end, he'd still be a tank against the run, but it may take him a few games to get back into the feel of the position. I'd say he probably has 2-3 years of high-level play left in him.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

This is the most depressing time to be a Packers fan. :(
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on the latest jsonline blog there's not a chance Kampman will be back in Green Bay next year. Not that there was much of a chance, but It looks pretty clear that he wants out of Green Bay and back in a 4-3.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Bears sign, Chester Taylor, Peppers and Manumaluena.

This is shocking, I hope TT has a plan. I never expected the packers to go after any of the 3 but wow, how do the Packers respond?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post

This is shocking, I hope TT has a plan. I never expected the packers to go after any of the 3 but wow, how do the Packers respond?
The Packers need to get Chad Clifton back. Not necessarily as a response to the Bears signing Peppers but to protect Rodgers from these pass rushers being brought into the division.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:

Like Prince said, sign clifton, have a good draft. You don't irrationally signings or trades just because a rival team signed someone (or 3 guys). If it is a god aweful market, why force something?
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snap judgement says, oh ****. Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams, Nate Burleson to the Lions. C. Taylor and Julius Peppers to Bears. And the Vikings are already stocked full of pro bowl players.

But, I am going to actually put my faith in TT and believe he has some kind of direction he plans on taking the Packers. Relax, breathe, be patient right? The NFC North is gearing up to be the new NFC East with all the talent that is being brought in.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clay Mathews tweeted this a bit ago. My thoughts exactly, and I truly hope Clifton sticks around.

ClayMatthews52: VDB 2 detroit and peppers 2 chi. Looks like NFC north tackles r gonna have their hands full!!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

If the CBA didn't rape the FA market and make over 200 players (plenty of impact guys in there) RFA I would say we could afford to make a move. This FA market is absolutely horrendous. I go up and down the list and I really have to convience myself that any of these guys would actually make an impact for us.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Al Harris isn't a ballhawk by any means, and still had a great career. Many factors could play as to why his INTs are low. I want to know how many times he was targeted. I hope TT looks at him, he will come cheap, and could be a nickel guy. Also, Williams wasn't looking like he was 2 seasons ago, his play fell last year.

If TT values competition, then targeting Jackson cheap can help that. We can have Williams, Jackon, and Lee battle for the 2nd and 3rd CB spots. He is a good, not great CB but in a Zone Cover Scheme, you don't need great CBs to win.
Exactally, you need a great pass rush. And zone CBs aren't that hard to find so why spend the money?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This isn't shocking. This is a sign of how desperate the Bears are to improve. Let them keep spending money because we've drafted well and have the depth needed to not have to spend top dollar on aging players.

At least we'll be drafting on the 1st and 2nd round rounds this year. Can't say that for the Bears right now.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Snap judgement says, oh ****. Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams, Nate Burleson to the Lions. C. Taylor and Julius Peppers to Bears. And the Vikings are already stocked full of pro bowl players.

But, I am going to actually put my faith in TT and believe he has some kind of direction he plans on taking the Packers. Relax, breathe, be patient right? The NFC North is gearing up to be the new NFC East with all the talent that is being brought in.
Burleson signed with the Lions? Thats a good pick up for them. I'm suprised that KVB got that much money though. He's been grossly overrated the past 2 years.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Red face

As daunting and forceful as Tommie Harris and Julius Peppers on the D-line sounds like it might be, they are both also known to take plays off or only play when they feel up to it. I still remember the 38 tackles and 2.5 sack year Peppers had in 2007.

I'd take them any day over many other duos, but I have to find a positive in this signing. Overrated slackers, I'm going to hold onto that.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Burleson signed with the Lions? Thats a good pick up for them. I'm suprised that KVB got that much money though. He's been grossly overrated the past 2 years.
I'm basing my information on an Adam Schefter Tweet, but the man is the best in the business. As lame as Twitter can be, it is pretty cool to be able to follow guys like Barnett and Clay Mathews, and then get to-the-minute updates from guys like Peter King, Schefter, and others before the news actually breaks in an online article.

"Filed to ESPN: Lions wasted no time getting on the board. Free-agent WR Nate Burleson reached agreement with Detroit on a five-year deal."

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

Old 03-05-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Kampman tore his ACL midway through the season last year playing a position that didn't come natural to him. Put him back at defensive end, he'd still be a tank against the run, but it may take him a few games to get back into the feel of the position. I'd say he probably has 2-3 years of high-level play left in him.
i read an article somewhere today saying that he just sort of went through the motions because of how unhappy he was with the change. i wonder if that had anything to do with the injury because when you dont play full speed during a game or in practice is when those kinds of injuries happen. not trying to paint a bad picture of kampman, i love the guy and would love to have him on the team but theres no point of keeping a square and trying to fit it into a circle hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
i read an article somewhere today saying that he just sort of went through the motions because of how unhappy he was with the change. i wonder if that had anything to do with the injury because when you dont play full speed during a game or in practice is when those kinds of injuries happen. not trying to paint a bad picture of kampman, i love the guy and would love to have him on the team but theres no point of keeping a square and trying to fit it into a circle hole.
I refuse to believe a word of that. Kampman has defined classy as a Green Bay Packer player, teammate, and citizen. He gave us some amazing seasons and is a leader through and through.

Some people on these local radio stations are saying Green Bay is "kicking him to the curb." That's a bunch of garbage. Allowing him to walk away and sign with whatever team he'd like and wherever he'd like is the best thing they could do by him. I'll always be a Kampman fan.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Michael Montgomery and Matt Giordano just got released. No suprises there.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way to improve a football team in the NFL is thru the draft, and from within.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's up for signing Jim Sorgi? I would love that move.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Clifton is resigned. Three years.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Good call. Way to think outside the box. I agree he could contribute and improve us in 3 areas:
-Defensive backfield depth
-Punting
-Special teams coverage
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Clifton is resigned. Three years.
Nice to have him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good call. Way to think outside the box. I agree he could contribute and improve us in 3 areas:
-Defensive backfield depth
-Punting
-Special teams coverage
So you're fine with Flynn as the backup? I'm not saying Sorgi is any better but I do believe we should continue to challenge Flynn to help him develop.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Can't say that didn't cross my mind when I heard he was cut, but no thanks. I don't think he'd be an upgrade over Flynn. I'd be open to Jake Delhomme for a year if he comes cheap.