Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Going into last year with one LT on the roster was an epic fail. We better not do it again.
But you have to admit that carrying 3 FBs was a stroke of genius.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of reiterating much of what you all are saying, but resigning Clifton was a must. There is no way you can go into the season against Jared Allen, Peppers, VDB, and the others with only TJ Lang and Barbre as possible LT's.

This way they can still draft and develop without having to force an untested rookie into the lineup. Sexy? Maybe not, but they filled a need.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-06-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I'm kind of reitterating much of what you all are saying, but resigning Clifton was a must. There is no way you can go into the season against Jared Allen, Peppers, VDB, and the others with only TJ Lang and Barbre as possible LT's.

This way they can still draft and develop without having to force an untested rookie into the lineup. Sexy? Maybe not, but they filled a need.
I agree, get a true LT and groom him to take over for Clifton. I'd really like Okung but I don't think that's going to happen.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Bulaga most of all. Vlad wouldn't be a bad option.

I'm trying to figure out why Scott moved Bruce Campbell down to 38 in his rankings after the combine. I don't know if I would want him anyway. He doesn't look like a tackle at all, he looks like he should be playing tight end or something. He's really boom or bust.

I'd be happy if we drafted any of these guys, excluding the sure fire top talents, favorites in bold:
Bryan Bulaga
Anthony Davis
Trent Williams
Vladmir Ducasse
CJ Spiller
Jahvid Best
Earl Thomas
Mike Iupati
Sergio Kindle
Maurkice Pouncey
Golden Tate
Kyle Wilson
Bruce Campbell
Taylor Mays

I thought that we had to draft an OT in the first 2 rounds but I don't know if the talent lines up with where we pick. We also have Clifton on a 3 year deal now and Lang as our supposed RT so we could get by with just a backup for a few years. I think that opens the door for Iupati or Pouncey. Iupati is a beast, there is no way he busts, and replacing Colledge with him would do amazing things for our running game. Pouncey would bring some stability to the line by putting a franchise center in the middle of it. A running back would really help our return game and cut down on sacks giving Rodgers a decent outlet and help Grant last longer.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 03-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what would be awesome? If another team signed Colledge and we got the 2nd round pick in return.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what would be awesome? If another team signed Colledge and we got the 2nd round pick in return.
Or even Spitz. I like Spitz but if we could get a draft pick for him and then draft Iupati. Don't see anyone moving though.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you dare get me excited like that!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Don't you dare get me excited like that!
Rumor is there has been some interest, no word on how serious. I sure wouldn't give up a 2nd for him if I were a GM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want Bulaga most of all.
I really think Lang's skillset is just as good as Bulaga, and I think they both have the same shortish arms dont they?

I'm definitely not sold on Bulaga as a LT in the NFL. I think he's a shadow of the last superhyped Hawkeye LT, Robert Gallery. He was much more dominant, and had longer arms I believe. He was forced to move to guard in Oakland.

I hope someone else takes Bulaga, but maybe that's just me?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Rumor is there has been some interest, no word on how serious. I sure wouldn't give up a 2nd for him if I were a GM.
But then again there was a team out there willing to sign Ahmad Carroll. Seriously though, I root for Colledge. I loved the draft pick and he seems to work hard at his "craft", but he simply hasn't been good enough.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Question for Packer fans: How do you feel about Aaron Rodgers' health prospects next year now that the Bears now have Julius Peppers, the Vikings have Jared Allen, and the Lions signed Kyle VandenBosch?

Would it be safe to say that OT is a priority in the first round of the draft this year for the Packers?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want some news that'll make you say "what"?

Browns | May be interested in Flynn
Comment (0)
Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:35:07 -0800
Mary Kay Cabot, of The Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may be interested in acquiring Green Bay Packers QB Matt Flynn, according to a source.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Want some news that'll make you say "what"?

Browns | May be interested in Flynn
Comment (0)
Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:35:07 -0800
Mary Kay Cabot, of The Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may be interested in acquiring Green Bay Packers QB Matt Flynn, according to a source.
What?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

wonder what we could get for Flynn
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

...A bag of footballs.

Good to see Kampman was signed in the AFC, and we won't have to worry about him in the NFC North. Good luck to him, and I'm going to miss that bullrush.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
wonder what we could get for Flynn
Probably a conditional pick. He's our top backup so it wouldn't really be benifical to trade him with nobody else really in the wings. Interesting though that Cleveland could be interested in him.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Question for Packer fans: How do you feel about Aaron Rodgers' health prospects next year now that the Bears now have Julius Peppers, the Vikings have Jared Allen, and the Lions signed Kyle VandenBosch?

Would it be safe to say that OT is a priority in the first round of the draft this year for the Packers?
Not worried and it is no more of a priority than SS,OLB,CB. Chad Clifton if healthy can handle any DE in the league and has for 10 years.

If we are going OL in the first round here is what I feel:

Line Overview
-Okung, Bulaga will be gone in top 15
-Iupati also should be gone if any team is smart.
- Campbell and Brown is nowhere near being ready for playing time this season and need a season to adjust.
-Davis is kinda lazy, raw and I don't feel he is capable of offering to much this season

Best line options in 1 rd

1) If 22 teams are dumb enough to pass on Iupati...Thank you geniuses, Welcome Rivera/Wahle 2.0 (Iupati/Sitton)

---If gone

2)Trent Williams is best option if available at OT IMO. Thing is he is capable of playing right away at RT giving us another option if Lang isn't working out. He can play a few seasons at RT and when the time comes he may be able to take over for Clifton. If not he have a fixture at RT and can just pick another guy down the road. He appears to have the athletic ability to move over once he works on his footwork a little bit more.

--- If both Iupati and Williams gone

3) Trade down to late first or early 2nd and draft Center M. Pouncney. Seems to be one of the most NFL ready OL in the draft. Spitz was a rather effective LG a few years ago and can slide back over.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 03-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best of luck to Kampman. Too bad it didn't work out. A good football player and an even better person.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-07-2010 at 03:16 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:45 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

We'll get a 4th or if we're lucky a 3rd in compensation out of him. That's probably why he didn't get tagged and traded like Corey Williams. Not worth the risk that he signs the tender, takes the cash, then nobody wants to trade for and pay him - just to up the compensation by a round at best.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

On compensation for Kampman:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...on-for-kampman

Quote:
Kampman, as you might know by now, reportedly agreed to terms on a multiyear contract with Jacksonville late Saturday night. The direct answer to the question is no: The Packers will get no direct compensation because Kampman was an unrestricted free agent. However, many of you are wondering why the Packers didn't position themselves to receive something considering how inevitable his departure was.

First, as @PackerPapaPete and others pointed out in response, Kampman's departure could help the Packers receive a compensatory pick in the 2011 draft. It's impossible to know what round that pick will be in -- the compensatory formula takes into account the comings and goings of all free agents and their performances the following season -- but it could be anywhere from the third to seventh round.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
the compensatory formula takes into account the comings and goings of all free agents and their performances the following season
Which is what I think alot of people STILL don't understand. You don't just get a pick for losing a player, its the formula that calculates the pick you get.

Just saw this little nugget too:

Quote:
UPDATE: According to reporting done by Tom Silverstein, the Packers could still get a compensatory as high as the third round next year for losing Kampman, provided he plays well.

While Kampman is 30 -- a little-known league rule put the ceiling of a comp pick at the fifth round for a player that age -- he has less than 10 years experience. Player needs to be 30 and have at least 10 years experience to cap the compensatory pick at a fifth-rounder.

Last edited by cvv84 : 03-07-2010 at 12:02 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

saw this on Rotoworld and i thought about the packers. It does not speak of us directly but would this be an option that the packers would consider?

After assigning him just a first-round tender, the Ravens are believed to be willing to move restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither.
Gaither would've gotten the first- and third-round tender if the Ravens were truly intent on keeping him. The Ravens want to move Michael Oher to left tackle. The Baltimore Sun suggests four possible destinations for Gaither: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Dallas, and Seattle. Teams targeting Gaither could probably work out a deal for less than the first-round pick.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
saw this on Rotoworld and i thought about the packers. It does not speak of us directly but would this be an option that the packers would consider?

After assigning him just a first-round tender, the Ravens are believed to be willing to move restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither.
Gaither would've gotten the first- and third-round tender if the Ravens were truly intent on keeping him. The Ravens want to move Michael Oher to left tackle. The Baltimore Sun suggests four possible destinations for Gaither: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Dallas, and Seattle. Teams targeting Gaither could probably work out a deal for less than the first-round pick.
I was just going to mention this as well. I'd give up a 2nd round pick for him. Young, athletic, and can play either tackle position.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

thats my thinking as well, i could do a second or even a second and fourth next year
Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way in hell you get Gaither for a late 2nd round pick. C'mon.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote