Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
THE FINAL PIECES TO THE PUZZLE?

This was a few months back, but I thought this was a great piece of work by Bob McGinn. I respect Bob more than any Packer writer:
McGinn is an insightful writer. He makes a lot of great points as well. Unfortunately with Kampman's injury, there was really no way we were going to get anything for him. Plus, I read this somewhere, if Green Bay had traded a healthy Kampman mideason too many fans might have viewed it has a "we're giving up" type of move.

There was really no other way this could have worked out. And the only thing we can do is wish him well, and hope to get some kind of compensatory pick in 2011.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we made the move to a 3-4, everybody first thought about Kampman being like a fish out of water. To me, the move to a 3-4 meant this team was serious about building a championship caliber, aggressive defense. I actually expected them to deal Kampman last off-season.

Kampman spoke today:

On whether the Packers made him an offer

They did, but I think for me the better fit was down here. I think that the direction of that organization maybe didn’t include me as much as it had in the past. So I think it was the right time for me to make this transition.

On playing in the 3-4 with the Packers

I’ll just say this; I like to go forward. There are a lot of nuances at outside linebacker. I’m a guy who likes to work on his craft and hone it down to the minutest detail. I was doing seven-on-seven in practice rather than one-on-ones. Normally when I break down film I look at offensive tackles and I study them to the T, but (at outside linebacker) I had to break down receivers and running backs. It was a more difficult transition in that sense, and then just being out there in a two-point rather than a three-point stance; different launch angles and how you rush, where you load from, these type of things. So I’m excited to put my hand back on the ground; very excited. I have a fire burning to do that.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When we made the move to a 3-4, everybody first thought about Kampman being like a fish out of water. To me, the move to a 3-4 meant this team was serious about building a championship caliber, aggressive defense. I actually expected them to deal Kampman last off-season.

Kampman spoke today:

On whether the Packers made him an offer

They did, but I think for me the better fit was down here. I think that the direction of that organization maybe didnít include me as much as it had in the past. So I think it was the right time for me to make this transition.

On playing in the 3-4 with the Packers

Iíll just say this; I like to go forward. There are a lot of nuances at outside linebacker. Iím a guy who likes to work on his craft and hone it down to the minutest detail. I was doing seven-on-seven in practice rather than one-on-ones. Normally when I break down film I look at offensive tackles and I study them to the T, but (at outside linebacker) I had to break down receivers and running backs. It was a more difficult transition in that sense, and then just being out there in a two-point rather than a three-point stance; different launch angles and how you rush, where you load from, these type of things. So Iím excited to put my hand back on the ground; very excited. I have a fire burning to do that.
Seems like he said exactly what was on his mind. Good guy, he didn't slam the decision makers for putting him out of position, but was honest about how much he hated linebacker and wanted into a 4-3.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Seems like he said exactly what was on his mind. Good guy, he didn't slam the decision makers for putting him out of position, but was honest about how much he hated linebacker and wanted into a 4-3.
Exactly. Kampman is a good guy. That's the part that made it sad when we were switching to a 3-4, knowing really it was eliminating Kampman.

But truth be told, Kampman, IMHO, had already peaked in 2006-2007. We got the best he had to offer already. I don't think this is going to be like when we lost Bryce Paup and then he went to Buffalo and was the NFL DPOY.

Next question: what would each of your thoughts be on adding Joey Porter to help fill AK's shoes, and allow Brad Jones more time to learn the craft and to bulk up.
Porter has 32 sacks in his 3 seasons with the Dolphins, and he's 32. It would not be a long term thing, 2 years, and he'd be brought in to win now, with fellow 30-somethings Woodson, Harris, Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Pickett. He still has the ability to get to QBs, and despite being an A-hole, he might add some intimidation to QBs like Farve and the other good ones who were very comfortable against us last year with the 140+ passer rating.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, make it stop!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Please, make it stop!!!
Put down the bottle then, take a couple aspirin, and take a nap!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bargain Basement FA's....

Realistically, we all know TT's MO. He's not going to bid & win any expensive free agents. He actually tried to last year on Chris Canty, luckily for us Canty was another guy who didn't want to come to Green Bay.

But I think TT will bring in one or two lesser-known FA's.
Anyone able to come up with a potential list of CB's, OT's, OLB's, or S's along the lines of guys like Frank Walker, Anthony Smith, Brandon Chillar, Derrick Martin(trade), and guys like that who might be good fits?

The draft isn't til late next month, so I can't think of anything else to speculate on for us right now.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But I think TT will bring in one or two lesser-known FA's.
Anyone able to come up with a potential list of CB's, OT's, OLB's, or S's along the lines of guys like Frank Walker, Anthony Smith, Brandon Chillar, Derrick Martin(trade), and guys like that who might be good fits?
William G ay has been someone the Packers have been rumored to be interested in ( from some less than creditable sites). I think he was tendered for a 5th.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
YoungGeezy
Rookie

YoungGeezy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, not feeling Joey Porter. I'm going to have to bust the the saying out, "he's not a Green Bay Guy" I rather have Brad Jones who doesn't feel the need to be a thug or run his mouth week after week just to get attention. Jones will speak with his pads and play hard every play... Joey is to worried what he is going to tell reporters after the game.

I'll agree with CVV84, lets look at realistics here. So in TT's case lets just look at the draft or the below the radar bargains that will still be around for awhile.
YoungGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

id much rather say hello to thomas howard then the dbag joey porter. and thats even if we say hello to anyone at all

i take it back. i didnt know he got tendered at a second round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Last edited by cuzifelt1ikeit : 03-08-2010 at 11:23 PM.
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I've been saying, we shouldn't and won't bring in a OLB unless he fits the defense and our team like a glove. Why would Brad Jones need time? He has 3 years college experience in the 3-4 and half a year starting in the NFL (during which he definitely held his own). He has to add weight, but 10 pounds...I've gained 8 in one day. OK that was all fat, food, and liquid weight but my point being that isn't hard to do during the long NFL offseason. He's young and he's got the frame to do it and he'll be playing at pretty much ideal weight for a 3-4 OLB at ~250 lbs.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

if/when adalius thomas gets the axe is when we look at an OLB in free agency i think. we had a lot of interest in him last year or maybe it was the year before i dont remember exactly. so im not sure why it would change now

Quote:
Like I've been saying, we shouldn't and won't bring in a OLB unless he fits the defense and our team like a glove. Why would Brad Jones need time? He has 3 years college experience in the 3-4 and half a year starting in the NFL (during which he definitely held his own). He has to add weight, but 10 pounds...I've gained 8 in one day. OK that was all fat, food, and liquid weight but my point being that isn't hard to do during the long NFL offseason. He's young and he's got the frame to do it and he'll be playing at pretty much ideal weight for a 3-4 OLB at ~250 lbs.
exactly. we have a couple of projects on our team right now. between thompson, obiorzor (sp) and jones im sure they feel confident with one of these players if we dont get anyone big

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
...I've gained 8 in one day. OK that was all fat, food, and liquid weight but....
Wwow nice.... McDonald's or Burger King? Hat Trick of Double Whoppers wtih Fries, washed down by 2 Oreo shakes?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone brought up adaluis thomas a possibility if he's released, i think he'd go straight to new york and play for rex ryan again so i don't think he's much of an option at all.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
someone brought up adaluis thomas a possibility if he's released, i think he'd go straight to new york and play for rex ryan again so i don't think he's much of an option at all.
I think so too. Reunited with Rex and with Bart Scott, his old teammate in Baltimore. If they did bring in Adalius, what do you think they're gonna do with Vernon Gholston? Isn't it now 3 years of nothing but bust city? Man, #2 overall pick, he's done less than Harrell has. Still, they were able to make it to the AFC title game, and that coming a year after they totally revamped things going to Farve, and then to the rookie Sanchez.

Would anyone here give up anything to bring Gholston in to work with Kevin Greene?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gholston was going to be a failed experiement immediately when he was drafted to stand up and play in a 3-4. He needs to find a 4-3 team where he can line up and use his blend of strength and speed off the edge. I don't ever remember hearing through the draft process where scouts saw Gholston having pretty good hips and had the potential to be a decent coverage guy when asked to.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

couple of notes....

Packers re-signed restricted free agent FS Nick Collins to a one-year, $3.3495 million contract

Packers LT Chad Clifton's new three-year contract is front-loaded and will be easy to cut ties with after the 2010 season.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
couple of notes....
Packers re-signed restricted free agent FS Nick Collins to a one-year, $3.3495 million contract
Man, I wonder why they can't hammer out a long term deal still with NC36.
I suspect Nick's agent is asking for the moon, or suspect he wouldn't mind departing as a FA who wins a lottery from someone else, a la Antrel Rolle last week. I wouldn't trade Collins for Rolle.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, I wonder why they can't hammer out a long term deal still with NC36.
I suspect Nick's agent is asking for the moon, or suspect he wouldn't mind departing as a FA who wins a lottery from someone else, a la Antrel Rolle last week. I wouldn't trade Collins for Rolle.
His contract isn't going to be easy. After the Rolle deal they're likely asking a lot.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Collins is so awesome. He signed his tender with absolutely nothing to gain except a pass to offseason workouts and money/negotiation leverage to lose. Lock him up today!

Quote:
Wwow nice.... McDonald's or Burger King? Hat Trick of Double Whoppers wtih Fries, washed down by 2 Oreo shakes?
I wrestled freshman year in high school. Hated it, didn't know what I was getting into. On my birthday I was running laps and not eating much to make weight in the morning, then that night we went out for a steak dinner and I was 8 pounds heavier when I weighed myself the next day (same scale).

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 03-09-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Collins is just another reason why drafting high character guys pays off.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
YoungGeezy
Rookie

YoungGeezy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

TT made his first big signing today! AFL2 Standout, WR/KR Charles Dillon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JO-jWe4G18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pExJ...eature=related

In all honesty I think he has a great shot to make the 5 WR spot and is a pretty dynamic player. He was a standout basketball player in high school and JC before Washington State. From what I have read it sounds like he would have made the Colts if it wasn't an injury. Good build at 6'0 205 and is suppose to run in the 4.4's.

Worth a chance, good pick up TT

Last edited by YoungGeezy : 03-09-2010 at 07:10 PM.
YoungGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast we know Ted isn't dead.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you guys are screwing Nick Collins with that baby-sized contract. Better get him a better one.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Man you guys are screwing Nick Collins with that baby-sized contract. Better get him a better one.
Thanks, I'll have my people call his people and we'll get this thing done.