Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers will wear alternate jersey in 2010

A Packers team official confirmed Tuesday that the Packers will wear an alternate third jersey during the 2010 season to go with the normal home and road uniforms. The new jersey, expected to borrow from the franchise's long history, will be worn for at least one home game, the official said.

It is possible the jersey will be worn at another game, but a final decision has not yet been made.

The alternate jersey is expected to be unveiled on Friday at the Packers Fan Fest, which begins at 4 p.m. at the Lambeau Field Atrium.

The report of a third jersey first surfaced briefly in the Uni Watch blog, which tracks the comings and goings of logos and uniforms.

Rumor is that its going to be the old blue jersey's
Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Man you guys are screwing Nick Collins with that baby-sized contract. Better get him a better one.

Nick wouldn't have singed that tender if he didn't know the FO was going to work on giving him a long term deal.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Nick wouldn't have singed that tender if he didn't know the FO was going to work on giving him a long term deal.
I really hope that is the case. I have a bad feeling in my gut that the longer and longer this drags on, the more Collins will begin to feel slighted. We have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. He's much more deserving of the deal Antrel Rolle got that Rolle himself is, but we'll have to see what happens.

Still, it's not like the guy is poor playing for 3+ million dollars this season. He's not Latrell Sprewell.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I really hope that is the case. I have a bad feeling in my gut that the longer and longer this drags on, the more Collins will begin to feel slighted. We have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. He's much more deserving of the deal Antrel Rolle got that Rolle himself is, but we'll have to see what happens.

Still, it's not like the guy is poor playing for 3+ million dollars this season. He's not Latrell Sprewell.
If he's felling "slighted" he wouldn't have signed that tender. His agent said its a move of good faith, they know a contract is coming from the Packers soon enough.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
If he's felling "slighted" he wouldn't have signed that tender. His agent said its a move of good faith, they know a contract is coming from the Packers soon enough.
Yeah like I said, I hope that's the case... I made my comment before I read the article about him signing the tender.

Quote:
"In what agent Alan Herman called a good faith gesture aimed at kindling negotiations toward a long-term contract, Nick Collins took himself off the free-agent market Tuesday by signing as one-year, $3.3 million qualifying offer."

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres not a huge rush to sign Collins... it'll get done. It'll be a complicated process I'm sure and since hes not on the open market theres no pressure to get it done as quick as possible.
I have faith Ted will get this done. Collins is one of his guys, and one of the best safeties in the league. He'd be crazy not to wrap him up long term.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy was at the Bama pro day.... Im thinking he was looking at Kareem Jackson.. He seems to be doing his homework on second round corners...

Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i am starting to think that the packers might trade out of #23. It is just a gut feeling, but we all know how TT likes to trade down. And seeing as this is such a deep draft, it just makes it seem more likely that he will trade down. my thinking is that if Weatherspoon is there at 23 then the saints will come calling about our pick.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i am starting to think that the packers might trade out of #23. It is just a gut feeling, but we all know how TT likes to trade down. And seeing as this is such a deep draft, it just makes it seem more likely that he will trade down. my thinking is that if Weatherspoon is there at 23 then the saints will come calling about our pick.
Thompson has only traded down in the 1st round once with the Packers. This may be a deep draft but the cutoff for the elite players is around our pick. At some point you need to impact players instead of descent role players. We all saw the impact that Raji and Matthews gave us last year and I really wouldn't be suprised to see Thompson trade up from 23 to land an OT or CB.

Also there's draft discussion in like 3 different threads. Can we all just use the 1 thats made for the draft please? I tend to lose track of all the discussions going on in different threads.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In addition to the Browns and Saints, free agent Jake Delhomme is also expected to visit the Packers and Broncos.
The Packers could use a veteran to battle Matt Flynn for the No. 2, and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy coached Delhomme in Carolina as QBs coach and passing game coordinator.
Delhomie in town?

Edit: apparently its a false report.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87387542.html

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-11-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Delhomie in town?
Edit: apparently its a false report.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87387542.html
Good because he's terrrrrrible. Hands out Ints like the Easter Bunny does candy.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
YoungGeezy
Rookie

YoungGeezy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally would trade down and grab the extra 2nd round pick with how deep the this draft is. Fill more holes with better players. Unless one of these guys are sitting their for us which is a good possiblity. (I tried to stay realistic so Bulaga as of now is a no...I had to put one guy in though because he is the best 3-4 OLB and the next Ware or Merriman)

-no order-
Trent Williams- Will bring great depth at the OT spot. I think he is much like Oher in the fact that he could play LT but it is best to break him in at RT. He could be an above average future LT but a maybe a Pro Bowler at RT

Earl Thomas- Need secondary help? Maybe a back up for Collins or Bigby if they get hurt, or maybe a guy who could play the Nickle, or maybe a guy who a CB. Well Earl is all of those. Not idea size but the guy is a flat out player. You can put him anywhere and he will make plays.

Iupati- No Brainer in my opinion if they want a dominate running game like back in the Rivera/ Wahles days.

Brandon Graham- Short arms, may struggle to get off blocks at next level but great character, incredible motor, and plays with heart. He appears to have that Jard Allen, Aaron Kampman type attitude, and every play he is going balls to the wall.

Derrick Morgan! He is the one player I would personally trade up for outside of Haden. Guy is the non roided Merriman. I highly highly doubt he will be there but some people project us with Bulaga and Kindle who on many sites are rated above Morgan

What about Davis and Campbell? Taylor Mays and Wison? Spiller?

Davis- If I am goin to invest into a future LT I would prefer a guy who is not a lazy ass. Last thing we need is for him to take a play off against Peppers and us losing A-Rod. I'm not big on character issue guys in the first when we are filing a need. If we were in a position to draft a luxury stud I wouldn't mind because if they bust it wouldn't be the end of the world. If you draft a guy to be you franchise LT for the next 10 years and bust because of these character issues it would suck.

Campbell will be really good.... SOMEDAY. Not this season, next year maybe start to come around, 3rd year may be the real deal. He is a guy who needs time to develop kind of like Breno (but much better of a prospect). If we draft a 1st round OT, we need a guy like a Buluga or Williams that have the ability to come in and at least compete for the RT position and be able to play LT if Clifton got hurt.

Mays- Big, check. Fast check. Lay a huge hit, check. Good tackler, nope. Ball skills, nope. Good in the box, nope. Good in coverage, nope. So he is big and fast with the ability to lay the knock out blow but he is an inconsistent tackling, gets pushed around in the box, struggles to locate ball, and struggles when matched up man on man. I think he will improve and has the chance to be a great player but there is just so much he needs to improve upon.

Wilson, 23 is to high, he is undersized for our scheme and that is about it. I like him but not at 23, trade back a little bit.

I would not be mad at all if we took Spiller or traded back a bit a took Best. Just not something that is a need really. Could always go McKnight or McCluster
YoungGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Apparently I was asking for too much :)
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Apparently I was asking for too much :)
We have DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD.
We have a MOCK DRAFT thread (more specific than just general draft talk).
And we have this THREAD, which is everything else.

I think that's what you meant right cvv?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story...FGhfBZnqg.cspx

Check out the 'new' retro jersey here.... I dunno... pretty ugly. There's a reason they got rid of these in the 20's haha...

Old 03-12-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Better picture here.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post

Better picture here.
looks like they killed batman and threw him on the jersey.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, wow, those uni's are pretty horrendous. Good thing they only plan on wearing these for one game. Funny thing though is that they're still gonna sell like hot cakes. You just wont catch me rockin' one.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nick Collins just signed a 3 year extension worth 23.4 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87522497.html

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!

Last edited by Packystan : 03-12-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
Nick Collins just signed a 3 year extension worth 23.4 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87522497.html

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!
Awesome. That one year deal worried me a little. I thought that might have been a sign they weren't going to get something long term done.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Awesome. That one year deal worried me a little. I thought that might have been a sign they weren't going to get something long term done.
He was a restricted free agent so the "1 year deal" meant that he signed his tender.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Pickett signs extension through 2013, I believe.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Ted's been busy today. Looks like we locked up Pickett long term as well.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2010/03/12/2/

Also great news. Our D-Line should be pretty set for a while.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Pickett signs extension through 2013, I believe.
@Adam_Schefter Packers have signed NT Ryan Pickett to a long-term contract extension through the 2013 season.

TT was busy again behind the scenes. Nice to have these 2 guys locked up for a few more years.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. Collins and Pickett signed on the same day.

Also I think the jerseys would be really nice except for the horrible number part. I like the colors of the socks, pants and jersey, if it had more normal numbers I think they'd look pretty cool. Is there a better view of the helmet?

EDIT: Notice whose jersey they chose. You can't fight the power.