Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Empire,

I'll make a side wager with you on Sidney Rice going back to school to get his degree. He can get that after his NFL career. Why wait to get paid?

You're probably right on Samuel. We have the best 1-2 combo at CB already although they both are 30-somethings.

Meriweather not a "Packer person"? That's romantic and all, but hogwash.

He'd look great in Green & Gold. I know Marvin Lewis wants him in Cinci but he's too good to go there.
I don't know too much about Rice except that he said he was going back to school so I'll listen to him.

Merriweather not being a Packer person is a fact. TT instilled the idea of a Packer person when he came to Green Bay. It just is not going to happen so get the idea out of your mind. There's a reason the Bengals are in the state they are and TT does not want that in Green Bay. Sorry
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grossman finished with more interceptions than completions - 3-2, with a fumbled snap dropped in for good measure - and a dozen first-half passing attempts yielded a pitiful 33 yards. Even loyal-to-a-fault coach Lovie Smith had seen enough by then.

"The plan was to play Rex into the third quarter. After you have a game like that," Smith said, "there is no need. I didn't see there was any need in putting him back in after an effort like that."
I love that stat.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Grossman finished with more interceptions than completions - 3-2, with a fumbled snap dropped in for good measure - and a dozen first-half passing attempts yielded a pitiful 33 yards. Even loyal-to-a-fault coach Lovie Smith had seen enough by then.

"The plan was to play Rex into the third quarter. After you have a game like that," Smith said, "there is no need. I didn't see there was any need in putting him back in after an effort like that."
I love that stat.
I like that this was only the third year that a Bears QB started the whole season.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextyear5
Quote:
theres no chance that TT will ever draft Merriwether, mark my words
Why not? Not tryin to be arrogant just wonderin
He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him.
So is Robinson a packer person? sometimes you need players with an attuide to pump up the team.
no, just look at the patriots, the only ones there that are "thugs" are dillion and Harrison both of which arn't anymore
i like ur avatar:P

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:

I love that stat.
I like that this was only the third year that a Bears QB started the whole season.
and it's not like he had a strong grip on that either
Old 01-01-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

any chance a guy like greg olson is avalible in the 2nd
Old 01-01-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
any chance a guy like greg olson is avalible in the 2nd
Meh. I'd prefer Joe Newton.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we really put a whomping on the Bears. real impressive game for us. i think after that game the Bears will have a hard time with their 1st playoff game. Rex played terrible and they have no momentum entering the playoffs. we had an alright season and barely missed the playoffs (damn Rams game). with another productive off season i think we'll get in next year. Favre is probably gone but it could still go either way. i would like to hear "With the 15th pick in the draft the Green Bay Packers select Marshawn Lynch...". Gonzalez is a possibility and i wouldn't be opposed to it but i think he'll stick with the Chiefs.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
nextyear5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
we really put a whomping on the Bears. real impressive game for us. i think after that game the Bears will have a hard time with their 1st playoff game. Rex played terrible and they have no momentum entering the playoffs. we had an alright season and barely missed the playoffs (damn Rams game). with another productive off season i think we'll get in next year. Favre is probably gone but it could still go either way. i would like to hear "With the 15th pick in the draft the Green Bay Packers select Marshawn Lynch...". Gonzalez is a possibility and i wouldn't be opposed to it but i think he'll stick with the Chiefs.
I like Lynch too but I think Ahman Green is good for another year. That said, I wouldn't pass Lynch up if he is there.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/BrettLastGamecopy.jpg < if you use that as a wallpaper make sure you put the postion: center and colour: black enjoy. :)
what do you guys think?

Thats sick i wish you could have made it bigger like a full screen but its soo sick
Old 01-01-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

As for TT signing Koren Robinson, you have to remember he was the one who drafted him in Seattle. He also was the one who instrumented the signing of Marquand Manuel in Seattle.

Guys, remember that Ted is quite possibly the best drafter in the NFL:

Quote:
The low-profile Thompson has a proven track record as an evaluator. Overseeing Seattle's draft board from 2000 through '04, Thompson provided the Seahawks a solid foundation with which they used to make three straight playoff appearances (2003-05). Including Packers safety Nick Collins, Thompson also has selected nine players who have earned all-rookie, All-Pro or Pro Bowl honors.
The notables from Seattle include: Shaun Alexander, Steve Hutchinson, Marcus Trufant, Josh Brown, Koren Robinson, and of course Ken Hamlin.

Quote:
Nine starters on Seattle's Super Bowl XL team, along with kicker Josh Brown, were drafted by the Seahawks on Thompson's watch.
We've already seen how successful his 2006 draft was, and 2005 did land us a future-star in Nick Collins and a possible replacement for Brett.

Another thing to remember with TT:

Quote:
Twenty-two years ago, Thompson points out, the Portland Trailblazers drafted for need. They took Sam Bowie and passed on Michael Jordan.
(these quotes are all from his bio on packers.com -- link)
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

morency. hes so hot right now. morency
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Gentlemen,

I'm seriously pissed off at Cliff Christl.
This guy is an asshole. He has Axes to grind and he doesn't let results, scores, facts, stats get in the way of what he says before hand. He's been a Javon Walker lover for 2 years and said he is irreplacable for us.

Did you guys see his All Pro team?
The reason it ticks me off so much is this bastard SUBMITTED this to the PF Writers of America. I already have talked with one of his co-worker writers who is legit, and found out who Christl's boss is. If you guys are as PO'd as I am that he slighted Driver and Kampman, his name is Mike Davis and HIS email address is: davis@jsonline.com

Here's the link to his team.
http://www.jsonline.com/blog/index.a...h=12&year=2006

Javon Walker had 69 catches (Driver had 90-something). Driver had 200+ more yards. They both had 8 TDs, and Walker led his team to missing the playoffs.
Plus guys like Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Torry Holt all had better stats than Walker, and some of them made the playoffs while Walker sits. Oh, Walker dropped a crucial pass yesterday late in the Broncos choke loss to SF.

Kampman had more SOLO TACKLES, more ASSISTS, and 2.5 more sacks than Peppers, yet Christl voted for Peppers. Peppers had a down year for him, AK outperformed him, yet this jackazz snubbed our guy.

Oh, as if that wasn't drunk enough, Christl picked P Manning over Drew Brees at QB, and he voted Manning for his MVP over LaDanian Tomlinson.
This guy is a joke.

I'm emailing Christl's boss.
Anyone mad enough to join me?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man i just realized that Javon was talking mad **** to the packers before the season started saying" we have a chance at winning the superbowl, they have a chance at winning 4 games" **** you javon, you didn't make the playoffs either.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I just don't bother reading anything he rights anymore -- except for his coverage of offseason practices and such.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/BrettLastGamecopy.jpg < if you use that as a wallpaper make sure you put the postion: center and colour: black enjoy. :)
what do you guys think?
what do u guys think?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
man i just realized that Javon was talking mad *********** to the packers before the season started saying" we have a chance at winning the superbowl, they have a chance at winning 4 games" *********** you javon, you didn't make the playoffs either.
Oh he really showed us, that great team that he went to won one more game...
Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Quote:
what do you guys think?
what do u guys think?
I think it's awsome, I just alreaady have a really cool backround
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

I love following the kissing girls....

Hey, what is the problem, technical, with this Packers thread?
"No topics exist..." ???
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
I love following the kissing girls....

Hey, what is the problem, technical, with this Packers thread?
"No topics exist..." ???
yeah, i guess no one really wants to fix the problem....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

hopefully we wont have to deal with favre retiring this year but.....IF he retires this year and he gets emotional during the press conference, will you get emotional as well? Kinda a dumb question but I'm just curious
Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yes, hes a alltime great. and for the record i would also take a bullet for brett too.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
hopefully we wont have to deal with favre retiring this year but.....IF he retires this year and he gets emotional during the press conference, will you get emotional as well? Kinda a dumb question but I'm just curious
yeah, i'm 26 and i seriously grew up with Brett Favre. watching the Packers play without him is gonna be really hard no matter when it happens.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
yes, hes a alltime great. and for the record i would also take a bullet for brett too.
I would take a bullet for #4 any day of the week too.

they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink

I would take a bullet for him and I hate the Packers.