Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 years ago Bigby was a stud but since then he hasn't stayed healthy and IMO doesn't really fit our 3-4 defense. Maybe another year in the system will help him but I think Burnett is going to be right in his rearview. I'd say someone like Barnett is more underrated/underappreciated.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The two most underrated Packer players by Packer fans:
1. Ryan Grant
2. Atari Bigby
I used to say that exact same thing, until I saw Bigby AWOL last year too often when we were getting bombarded like Pearl Harbor. And that was when he wasn't sidelined hurt again.

Now I would put it like this:
1. Ryan Grant
2. Scott Wells
3. Mark Tauscher
4. Chad Clifton
5. Ryan Pickett
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Well I don't really understand how a big, aggressive, loves to play in the box type of SS doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme. But I agree that Burnett is going to be right on his heel and Atari may have made a fatal mistake for holding out from OTA looking for a new deal. That move baffles me... the Packers trade up to draft a guy that plays your position, you allow this guy to come in and take a large amount of reps to show what he has to the coaches, learn the defense much faster, and give his a chance to work with Collins allowing them to better there communication together (communications between the safteys his huge in the defense).

Really all Bigby is doing right now is opening up the door for Burnett which is actually working against him recieving a new contract. His agent must be a idiot. You can't hold out when a team drafts your possible replacement
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right, Bigby pretty much has no leverage so what's the point of him holding out??? dumb on his part

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Well I don't really understand how a big, aggressive, loves to play in the box type of SS doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme. But I agree that Burnett is going to be right on his heel and Atari may have made a fatal mistake for holding out from OTA looking for a new deal. That move baffles me... the Packers trade up to draft a guy that plays your position, you allow this guy to come in and take a large amount of reps to show what he has to the coaches, learn the defense much faster, and give his a chance to work with Collins allowing them to better there communication together (communications between the safteys his huge in the defense).

Really all Bigby is doing right now is opening up the door for Burnett which is actually working against him recieving a new contract. His agent must be a idiot. You can't hold out when a team drafts your possible replacement
Here's the thought process from Atari Bigby:
He wants out of Green Bay. He was mad last year he didn't get a deal, and he was madder this off-season. The other safety, Collins, got his new money.

Then when the Packers made the aggressive trade-up to select Atari's replacement, he was done with the Packers -in his mind.
He has no leverage but neither did Randy Moss and he got himself out of Oakland. But Bigby isn't as good as Moss so he's up a creek. Can anyone think of a team who would trade anything for him? I can't. St Louis if they lose OJ Atogwe?

I don't know what's gonna happen with him, but he does want to play week one on another team.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're completely wrong on that.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post

Because we don't use our SS in the box or near the line of scrimmage much. We utilize 2 deep safeties which emphasizes the need for a coverage safety, which Burnett is more suited as. Atari is still a very good player when healthy and as I said maybe another year in the system would help, but as it stands his clock is ticking down in GB.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we give a bigger contract to a guy who didnt do much last year? While he has made some big plays in the past he isnt exactly a model of consistency. Like I said before I heard on espn radio that if Bigby, Williams and Jolly dont sign their tender offers soon the Packers can cut the amount of money those tenders are for and still maintain total rights for them. I forgot the exact date but its like the middle of June. Has anyone else heard or can confirm this.

Jolly's pretty much a non issue because he has effed himself. Bigby is definitely hurting himself but not showing up. Whats the deal with Tramon? Has he been missing as well... is he going to sign his tender or get a new deal soon? We definitely cant afford anymore issues at the CB spot.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigby has no leverage. I don't know what he's expecting to gain from this. Some extra days off? We aren't giving him a contract this offseason. If he wants money he should show up early ready to work and try to keep his starting job so he can either get an extension mid season or more money as a free agent next year.

Tramon Williams we should probably sign if we have to. Not long term more like 3 years. It will probably sound expensive but it would be worth it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

In his career as a coach (Head coach or D-coordinator), how many times has Dom Capers faced Brett Favre?

Who is the crack researcher here who can dig that up?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
In his career as a coach (Head coach or D-coordinator), how many times has Dom Capers faced Brett Favre?

Who is the crack researcher here who can dig that up?
He first started as defensive coordinator in the Brett Favre era in 1992 with the Steelers. Stayed there until '94.

Took over head coach from '95-'98 with the Panthers.

Defensive Coordinator for Jacksonville in '99-'00.

Head Coach of the expansion Texans from '02-'05.

He was a special assistant to the head coach in '06 for the Dolphins then officially held the DC title in '07 for them.

Again, a special assistant in '08 with New England before becoming DC here in '09.

Favre was with the Falcons in '91 before coming over here in '92. During the time he was with the Falcons, Capers didn't hold a HC/DC job in the NFL. Favre started his first game with the Packers in week 4 but appeared in weeks 2 and 3. He started with us through the '07-'08 season.

Played with the Jets in the '08-'09 season which would mean he faced Capers twice although Capers was a special assistant with no HC/DC label.

Of course they faced off twice last year.

So really, you'd have to figure out:

- When the Packers played the Steelers from '92-'94
- When the Packers played the Panthers from '95-'98
- If the Packers played the Jaguars in the '99-'00 season
- When the Packers played the Texans from '02-'05
- If the Packers played the Dolphins in the '07 season.

Just made your job that much easier.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get some! Wow, I'm not sure how to take all of this in. Personally I love it, but I can see how a lot of opposing fans will get pissy about it. Good for you 12! Yeah it's probably because I'm a Packer fan in this case, but I really appreciate an athlete being candid and honest, rather than "politically correct" all the time.

Aaron Rodgers calls Tony Kornheiser "stupid," "dumb" and "terrible:"
Quote:
In 2008, when Tony Kornheiser was a Monday Night Football commentator for ESPN, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers once sat down with him for a pre-game production meeting.

It would be an extreme understatement to say that Rodgers came away unimpressed.

In an interview with ESPN Radio in Milwaukee, Rodgers went off on Kornheiser and said he was embarrassingly unprepared for his job.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better," Rodgers said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony wasn't funny at all. He did absolutely no research. We'd sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. I'd be like, 'What are we doing here? This is stupid.'"

Rodgers praised Monday Night Football play-by-play man Mike Tirico as coming into production meetings thoroughly prepared. Kornheiser? Not so much.

"You get in there with Tony and he's asking you all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing," Rodgers said. "He's terrible. . . . I don't think he's funny. I don't think he's insightful. I don't think knows, really, anything about sports."

Most football fans regard Ron Jaworski as one of the top analysts in the business, but Rodgers isn't particularly thrilled with Jaworski, either.

"I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals," Rodgers said of Jaworski. "It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, 'Yeah I know him. He's the guy who ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, 'I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me."

The whole interview, in which Rodgers criticized other ESPN employees and took a shot at the Detroit Lions, is well worth listening to. Rodgers comes across as an entertaining and engaging player who's not afraid to speak his mind. When he retires, he'd be perfect for the Monday Night Football booth. Or as co-host of Pardon the Interruption.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-and-terrible/

Last edited by Whistler6 : 06-08-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I listened to that interview. ARod really doesn't hold back.
He comes off as a bit arrogant to the radio host, but it's a little tongue-in-cheek so it's all good.
As for the Kornheiser deal, well he was an idiot on MNF. He's calling it like it is. It may not be smart to publicly rip on him like he did though, but come on we all know it. He wasn't good for that job, and I can imagine he was embarrassingly bad in the pre game interviews.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO thats great, I love him even more then I already do if that was possible. Honestly though it probably would have been better to just say nothing. Ripping people doesn't get you anywhere.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
It may not be smart to publicly rip on him like he did though.
I agree with that. While I tend to agree with Arod, I still don't think he should be saying that publicly and I wish he hadn't.
I also don't want to hear him rip on the Lions. Never (publicly) beat a dog when it's down.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson reportedly in talks for a new contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-new-contract/

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

I could understand a raise for 2011 and 2012 for his play but extending past that isn't too smart

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He first started as defensive coordinator in the Brett Favre era in 1992 with the Steelers. Stayed there until '94.

Took over head coach from '95-'98 with the Panthers.

Defensive Coordinator for Jacksonville in '99-'00.

Head Coach of the expansion Texans from '02-'05.

He was a special assistant to the head coach in '06 for the Dolphins then officially held the DC title in '07 for them.

Again, a special assistant in '08 with New England before becoming DC here in '09.

So really, you'd have to figure out:

- When the Packers played the Steelers from '92-'94
- When the Packers played the Panthers from '95-'98
- If the Packers played the Jaguars in the '99-'00 season
- When the Packers played the Texans from '02-'05
- If the Packers played the Dolphins in the '07 season.

Just made your job that much easier.
1992, Packers defeated Steelers by 14. No turnovers. Capers 0-1
1996, Packers shredded Panthers 30-13 with 479 yards in NFCCG. Capers 0-2
1997, Packers shredded Panthers @ Carolina 31-10 with 458 yards. Capers 0-3
1998, Packers lit up Panthers in Carolina for 37 points and 487 yards. Capers 0-4
1999-2000, Did not play Jacksonville
2004, won at Houston behind 383 yards from Favre. Offense was contained though. Still, Capers 0-5
2006, Packers won at Miami 34-24 (Capers was special assistant to the HC so it's an asterick, still, Capers team lost to Favre. Capers 0-6 vs Favre
2009, Favre in enemy purple. We all know the story as Favre carved us up like we were a high school defense. 7 TDs. 0 Ints. 0 Sacks. Two losses for Capers again scheming against Brett Favre. Capers 0-8 lifetime vs Favre.

Gentlemen, THIS HAS TO CHANGE and it has to change NOW, THIS YEAR.
Should we let Trgovic make the gameplan for Minnesota, LOL, damn.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Quote:
Josina Anderson of FOX 31 Denver reported on her Twitter page Tuesday that the Packers and Woodson are currently in negotiations on a new contract. Andersonís report cited unnamed sources.

Charles Woodson refutes a report by Josina Anderson of Fox 31 Denver that he has discussed a new contract with the Packers.

"I don't know any Josina, and I haven't discussed anything with the Packers," Woodson texted.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/include...0&post_id=1711
Sounds like the same thing when a Boston reporter was reporting that the Packers traded for Randy Moss.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Collins:

Quote:
“It doesn’t bother me. I feel like an extra coach out there. The young guys come up and ask questions and I just try to help them out the best I can. And I love doing that. Once I’m done, I plan on coaching anyway. I’ve always wanted to coach…not on the NFL level, but possibly high school or the collegiate level.”
I love seeing that attitude in players. His coaching mentallity helps the young players, but it helps him a lot too.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Not much to talk about so here is somewhat of an update on Underwood investigation.

Quote:
The agent for Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood, under suspicion in connection with an alleged assault in Lake Delton last weekend, expressed concern Thursday with the pace of the investigation.

"It's unfortunate that information has not been received by the district attorney's office, and the court of opinion is being set up by different stories released in the media," Gilmore said. "We are confident that when all of the information comes out, Brandon will be cleared."

The agent, Deryk Gilmore, said he was surprised to learn late Wednesday night that Lake Delton Police Chief Tom Dorner had issued a news release saying he had not yet delivered reports on the incident to the Sauk County district attorney's office. Dorner had seen saying all week that he had planned to send the police reports to Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett on Tuesday.

In the news release, Dorner said he hoped to deliver the reports compiled by his officers, as well as officers in the Sauk County Sheriff's Department, by today. Dorner added that the delay likely would mean that Barrett would not be able to make a decision to issue charges, or not, on Friday. Instead, Dorner said, a charging decision may not be made until next week.

Barrett has declined to comment on any aspect of the case.

Dorner also disclosed, without elaboration, that "money was exchanged between the alleged suspect and the alleged victims before the alleged assault." Dorner did not name Underwood, nor the women, believed to be from the Milwaukee area, in the news release.

Gilmore declined to comment on the specifics of Dorner's statement, but added: "We would appreciate it if people would wait until the facts are in before rendering a judgment," he said.

However, a source knowledgeable about the case said Underwood did not exchange any money with the two women in the Saturday morning incident. Rather, this source said, Underwood may have been robbed by the two women at some point after they left Cruisin Chubby's, a gentlemen's club located near the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton where Underwood and other Packers were staying.

Several members of the Packers were in the Lake Delton area last week as part of a charity golf tournament hosted by Clay Matthews.

Last weekend, Lake Delton police said the two women, ages 31 and 33, first alleged they had been sexually assaulted by more than one man, but later said it was one person. The police also took the unusual step of releasing the names of six members of the Packers whom they said were not under suspicion. They did not release Underwood's name, but Journal Sentinel sources and later Underwood's attorney said Underwood was the subject of the police investigation.

Police said over the weekend that there was sexual activity between Underwood and the women, but that Underwood said the sex was consensual.

Dorner also has told reporters that he would not be making a recommendation on whether the women or Underwood should be charged. There has been speculation that Underwood could face a municipal citation rather than a criminal charge. However, Richard Kaiser, Underwood's attorney, said he was unaware of that possibility.

Dorner also used his latest news release to correct reports his office released last weekend that said people interviewed by police at the golf cabin had consumed alcohol. Dorner now says that "not all persons interviewed that were at the golf cabin that morning had been consuming alcohol, as had been previously reported."

Kaiser has said that Underwood will be cleared of all wrongdoing. Kaiser could not be reached for comment, but a source connected with the case said Kaiser had not seen any police reports, either.

On Wednesday, Underwood apologized to his teammates for the distraction he said he caused. But Underwood declined to talk in detail about the incident to the media.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Thanks for that Legend. Even though it's bad news, or messy embarassing, at least there's some Packer talk in here today!

I know the NFL season is just getting rolling with practice, but I am amazed that there's 10x the talk in here about a losing baseball team that hasn't been to a World Series in most of our lifetimes than there is the Super Bowl contending Packers.

I am watching NFL access right now, and they're on every night live. Same with NFL Live on ESPN everyday M-F at 3:00. There's always football news.

Now, back to the Packers and news. Here are a few pieces.
Nice long article by CNNSI Don Banks about Rodgers and the Packers getting better: http://tinyurl.com/2w52vza

Brian Murphy, on Johnny Jolly & Brandon Underwear:
http://tinyurl.com/32u6rq6

Mark Strotman, on Aaron Rodgers comments about ESPN's guys:
http://tinyurl.com/35ugf5q
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

A family night date has been set. I know someone was asking about it before. I saw it in the newspaper but I don't remember. Hopefully this year it wont be rained out! I need my football fix! While OTA's and training camp are a good start I really cant wait for any type of game even if its against ourself.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Thanks for that Legend. Even though it's bad news, or messy embarassing, at least there's some Packer talk in here today!
We can't all be blessed with a winning baseball team, so back off! I used to be able to rip the Twinks for their toilet bowl of a baseball stadium, but now I can't even use that...Ughhh jk, I kid.
Quote:

A family night date has been set. I know someone was asking about it before. I saw it in the newspaper but I don't remember. Hopefully this year it wont be rained out! I need my football fix! While OTA's and training camp are a good start I really cant wait for any type of game even if its against ourself.
I'm lucky enough to be going this year with my pops, and I went a few years ago with a couple friends. Even though it is just a game against themselves, the Lambeau crowd lights up the place like it's week 1. Definitely a good time, which goes without saying, because any event held at Lambeau is fun. This year though, I am beyond excited to see ANY kind of live football soon.

This is just a joke, and we didn't even drink. Kind of lame I know, but we thought we were pretty funny at the time. Not quite... I'm the punk on the left.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 06-11-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I love hearing stuff like this, but it makes me nervous at the same time.

(Mortreport = Chris Mortensen)

@takeiteasy99: is aaron rodgers going to be top NFL QB next 5 years?

@mortreport:I'd bet on it. If starting a team, he might be the 1