Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Jolly signed today I believe.
Yeah I said that one, I'm talking about Williams and Bigby.

And now I see that neither signed. The Packers can now cut their salaries if they so choose.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers have shown to be fair to players who earn their pay and continue to show up to OTAs and such, so they have to show what happens to guys who do the oppsite(Walker and now Bigby and Williams) and reduce their salaries. We can afford it with Bigby, but it will be a huge risk for Wiliams.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon signed. Very nice. We need him big time this year.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what it said about Tramon per rotoworld an Greg Bedrad on twitter...

Quote:
Packers re-signed restricted free agent CB Tramon Williams to a one-year, $3.168 contract.
Miscommunication between Williams' agent, the Packers, and the NFL led to an unnecessary mess. Williams will remain a crucial part of the Packers' secondary with Al Harris (knee) a long shot for Week 1. Green Bay may look to lock up Williams long term if he excels as an early-season starter.
Thankfully he is signed... We can't afford to not have him as our CB situation is already a very big question. Bigby on the other hand would be nice to have but hes an idiot for doing what hes been doing and not having him wont hurt as much.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a weird bizzare communication-gaffe.
We can talk to a man in the middle of the ocean or on top of a mountain in Asia, but we can't get word from the NFL or Packers until almost a day has passed?

It's good to have Tramon back, but we had Tramon, had Woodson, and had Harris last year twice against Minnesota, and that bast*rd #4 torched us like a marshallow-on-a-stick. Twice.

We need Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood to be the difference (upgrade) back there in coverage, right?

Am I the only one still concerned about that area of our team?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think pretty much everyone has at least some concern about the depth in our secondary

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think pretty much everyone has at least some concern about the depth in our secondary
Most teams do. I don't think the Packers are unique in that department.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most teams do. I don't think the Packers are unique in that department.
Right, but:
A) Some teams and fans have faith in some proven veterans at CB, but more importantly
B) No other D-Backfield made Roethlisberger, Favre, and Warner look like video-game wizards like we did. I mean they were all almost flawless against us. And 2 or 3 of them were with Harris there. And Collins was there all year.

Look at the Colts who missed a lot of starts at 1CB & 2CB, plus missed 2007DPOY Bob Sanders for every game but 2.
And the Steelers minus their star safety Polamalu were a shell of their normal defense.

I believe our injury situation at DB could be a lot worse than last year, odds-wise, so I really have some deep worries over the same position that pretty much killed us last year. A new nasty improved pass rush can help a lot though.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While the contract talks hold moderate interest for some of her colleagues, most of them prefer to gossip about her private life specifically about what happened between her and dancing partner Maks. Because the latest EA romance gossip circulating around the Bristol cafeteria right now involves not Maks, but Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The two were spotted by other ESPN people last week drinking (closely) at the bar underneath Boston's Liberty hotel.

"Well, he's not the first athlete," said one bold ESPN TV guy who's sick of the Erin Andrews Machine. "She always wanted to just be a star."
Aaron and Erin?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised Aaron is a pimp... nuff said

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I just pointed out to a friend that Rodgers had Erin Andrews on his twitter follow list. I guess he does like her twitter afterall.
Good man Aaron!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i thought clay matthews was gonna snag erin haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I think today was the end of minicamp.

Now, back to regular scheduled programming......
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers CB Charles Woodson gave rookie S Morgan Burnett a huge compliment today: "Sh#t, he's good. He looks good to me...."...Now it's just a matter of experience, playing at this level. So we'll see what happens when he's thrown in the fire."

That would be sweet if Burnett turns out to be as good as advertised.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Woodson said, Burnett will get a lot of on the field help and advice playing with Woodson, Collins, Tramon, and if Harris is inactive or on the PUP I'd expect him to be watching Burnett closely. He just has to win the starting job which Bigby isn't putting up much of a fight. Even though they haven't put pads on the players are already lobbying for him and I think everyone in the organization wants to get him on the field as long as he can handle it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jackmadden

Jenkins taking snaps at LOLB:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ker?xid=si_nfl
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably either he's just taking reps with them in coverage drills or for the couple of times a game when we used that psycho lineup (I don't know how good I feel about that tactic) to show the offense a base defense and then move guys around just before the snap.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rookies Newhouse, Starks, and Wilson sign.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Probably either he's just taking reps with them in coverage drills or for the couple of times a game when we used that psycho lineup (I don't know how good I feel about that tactic) to show the offense a base defense and then move guys around just before the snap.
I'm sure they're just working Jenkins in there for a few of the sub packages Capers has planned for certain situations this season. All the players have been talking about the new additions Capers has made to the defense this off season.

-
I know he's only a rookie who hasn't played in a game, but the Collins-Burnett combo has me thinking something special about that pairing.

they get smoked.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmadden View Post
Big man at OLB?
Adalius Thomas is the biggest guy I've seen play it.... anyone else think of anyone larger than AT who has?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Adalius Thomas' size really isn't that unique to the position. Guys like Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, and LaMarr Woodley play in the 260-265 lbs range.

As for Jenkins playing some OLB - it can't hurt to try something during a light training period. If anything it just shows the amount of depth on the defensive line seeing we're looking at more ways to get these guys into games.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Adalius Thomas, there are rumors that the Packers are still entertaining the notion of signing him or Keith Bullock.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Speaking of Adalius Thomas, there are rumors that the Packers are still entertaining the notion of signing him or Keith Bullock.
Brad Jones had more sacks than AT last season in half the playing time.

they get smoked.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brad Jones had more sacks than AT last season in half the playing time.
Ya, I dont see Thomas as an upgrade over Jones. If he was willing to openly compete for the job, sure, but knowing his attitude issues, I doubt hed do that.

PS how would Bulluck fit outside in a 34? That seems like a bad idea to me, I doubt the team is realistically considering it.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulluck would play inside in a 3-4. He's not a good fit there even though. Wouldn't be an upgrade over Hawk. We have no need for depth either with Bishop and Chillar. I don't know why that rumor would have started.