Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
yes, hes a alltime great. and for the record i would also take a bullet for brett too.
I would take a bullet for #4 any day of the week too.
glad to know that i am not the only one.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Is M3 supposed to have a press conference today? JSO said he would, but packers.com has nothing listed... I ask only because he could name to OC today.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Is M3 supposed to have a press conference today? JSO said he would, but packers.com has nothing listed... I ask only because he could name to OC today.
Nah IMO, I think he will decide once Favre decides to retire or not. He has to bring in or promote the right person, there no reason to rush it.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
Nah IMO, I think he will decide once Favre decides to retire or not. He has to bring in or promote the right person, there no reason to rush it.
Yea I remember hearing that the whole will he retire or not won't be a long process this year. Hopefully we can get his decision right after the super bowl or close to that so that TT and MM can do what they want with the team without having the whole retirement thing looming over them.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

My bad guys, the M3 press conference will be tomorow. If he names the new OC, it will probably be Tom Clements (QB coach) or Joe Philbin (OL coach).
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
My bad guys, the M3 press conference will be tomorow. If he names the new OC, it will probably be Tom Clements (QB coach) or Joe Philbin (OL coach).
i doubt it will be philbin because it was his first year with the zbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
nextyear5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Out of those 2, I would hope he would pick Clements. The last guy I know who got an OC job coming from a offensive line coach was Steve Loney a real crappy OC for the Vikes.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextyear5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Out of those 2, I would hope he would pick Clements. The last guy I know who got an OC job coming from a offensive line coach was Steve Loney a real crappy OC for the Vikes.
Didn't Jeff come from an OL coach.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Green Bay, meanwhile, is poised to bring back running back Ahman Green. He said after the game Sunday that his agent has been in discussions with team management about a new contract. Green held up for the entire season after suffering a season-ending ruptured thigh in 2005 and set a franchise record with his sixth 1,000-yard rushing season. Green had signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract last off-season and tops the Packers' short list of potential free agents this off-season.

"I'm looking forward to next season, being in green and gold. That's the only thing that's on my mind," Green said.

Green, 30 in February, stayed relatively healthy in his ninth season, and averaged four yards-per-carry in 14 starts. The Packers have a strong insurance policy in Vernand Morency and will be able to focus on other need areas (safety, possibly quarterback) with Green re-signed, but guaranteeing him too much money would limit their spending power.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Green Bay, meanwhile, is poised to bring back running back Ahman Green. He said after the game Sunday that his agent has been in discussions with team management about a new contract. Green held up for the entire season after suffering a season-ending ruptured thigh in 2005 and set a franchise record with his sixth 1,000-yard rushing season. Green had signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract last off-season and tops the Packers' short list of potential free agents this off-season.

"I'm looking forward to next season, being in green and gold. That's the only thing that's on my mind," Green said.

Green, 30 in February, stayed relatively healthy in his ninth season, and averaged four yards-per-carry in 14 starts. The Packers have a strong insurance policy in Vernand Morency and will be able to focus on other need areas (safety, possibly quarterback) with Green re-signed, but guaranteeing him too much money would limit their spending power.
I love to see when players are devoted to one team and will do anything for that team
Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

So, what are your thoughts about the first season of your coach?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nextyear5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Very surprising. I know that not many people were happy when we picked the guy who directed the leagues worst offense last year but he showed some nice play-calling abilities and a commitment to Green Bay and its tradition and to winning. Hope we keep him for a long time.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I think he exceeded expectations for alot of people.
What do you guys think of our defense, we finished 12 in total D. I think we keep Sanders but I still think we should show schottenheimer the door.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
i really liked him. he always seemed like a good guy but i was unsure about if he'd be good. he lead us to 8-8, better than most expected. he's got guts and i like that about him. he doesn't hesitate to challenge or go for it on 4th.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
he really seemed to keep the team upbeat and positive about things, I think he should stay along with bob sanders
Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I think he exceeded expectations for alot of people.
What do you guys think of our defense, we finished 12 in total D. I think we keep Sanders but I still think we should show schottenheimer the door.
The defense continued to get better throughout the year IMO. They really looked great in the last few games. The season started real rough for the defense but I think it was really easy to see the improvement made during the year. I think we need to give Bob Sanders some credit for improving the defense, everyone was bashing him half way through the year but he got his act together somewhat.

I can't wait for next year to see if the defense can become one of the better one's in the league. They are one of the youngest defenses in the league and will only get better in time.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scott says we've got the 15th pick but packers.com says we've got the 16th. what's the deal.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink

Here's what I wrote about our rookies in one of the rookie thread's

1st Round

AJ Hawk- Took a few games to adjust to the pro game but after that he was an absolute beast. He has played exactly the way everyone expected and will be one of the best LB's in the league in a couple years.

2nd Round

Daryn Colledge- Struggled early, I think he didn't even start the first few games (can't remember if it was just an injury or he was getting outplayed). It took some time for him to get used to the ZBS that GB has and I don't he started playing pretty well untill about halfway through the season. His future is very bright though and he will be a G for the Pack for a long time.

Greg Jennings- As a surprise to everyone he won the #2 receiver spot in the preseason he was great early, he was amazing at making plays after the catch. He suffered an ankle injury around week 6 or 7 and struggled from then on. He was never his old self from then on but still stayed the Pack's #2 receiver. He is supposed to take over for Driver after he leaves as the #1 reciever and if he plays like he did in the first few weeks of the season and the preseason it should be no problem.

Round 3

Abdul Hodge- Started only one game and had a INT for a TD in that game. He didn't look that great in that game though he missed a few tackles and he looked like the rookie he is. I'm interested to see what the Pack do with him he has a lot of talent and can be a good LB in the league in the future.

Jason Spitz- Pretty much the same as Darryn Colledge but I think he outplayed him a little throughout the year. The two of them together should be a good duo for the pack in the future.

Round 4

Cory Rodgers- Was brought in to be the return man but was cut in pre season.

Will Blackmon- Was hurt most of the year, i'm still interested to see how he will translate to the NFL
Old 01-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

what I said compared to you was pretty much the same thing
Old 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
to tell you the truth i was pretty skeptical at first, but now i love MM and think he will be a good coach as soon as these young players mature a little. His playcalling was great for the majority of the year..

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?
Lynch if he's there, maybe a defensive back. we don't have a lot of major needs.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landry
Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I want either lynch( i want him the most), jerrett, Ginn if they are avialable. If the packers don;t go RB in round one i hope they snag either booker or bush in the second if they are avialable.

they get smoked.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landry
are you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.