Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Starks a lot, but I certainly wouldn't worry about getting him yet. Grant is the guy here and will get almost all the carries. Brandon Jackson will still start the season as the number two as well, but even if Starks jumps ahead of Jackson it won't matter. Last year Jackson got just 37 carries. There is no reason to even consider picking up Starks this year.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep hearing chatter about Lumpkin, but I really closed the door on him already, even though I liked him a lot his first year. Seems like a guy who just isn't durable.

Where is Deshawn Wynn these days by the way? UFL?
Maybe he should get arrested and then he'll probably get a look from the Bengals.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
What is the word on James Starks? I have grant in a dynasty league and i'm wondering if i need to worry about drafting starks as a handcuff for the near future. I know that jackson is currently the #2 guy, but that shouldn't last, should it?

thanks for any information/advice.
I'll be looking to get Starks in my dynasty league late and stash him for awhile. The only thing that worries with him is his health.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now Al Harris might be ready by week one
Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So now Al Harris might be ready by week one
I saw that. That would be great. Heck, I'd be thrilled if he were back by week 4.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I like Starks a lot, but I certainly wouldn't worry about getting him yet. Grant is the guy here and will get almost all the carries. Brandon Jackson will still start the season as the number two as well, but even if Starks jumps ahead of Jackson it won't matter. Last year Jackson got just 37 carries. There is no reason to even consider picking up Starks this year.
July 31 Update on Starks:
Quote:
Starks, a sixth-round pick, first pulled his hamstring after the first week of OTAs in late May.

“It is the injury that occurred in the spring, and it has come back on him,” McCarthy said.

There were questions about Starks’ durability when he came out of the University of Buffalo. He hasn’t played since 2008, his junior season. He missed all of his senior year because of a torn labrum.
I wouldn't put many eggs at all on Starks at this point.
I'd actually bet that at least 3 guys have more yards rushing for the Packers this season than Starks will. As for next season, I see many better dynasty league options than Starks. It's very uncommon for guys banged up in college suddenly becoming durable in the NFL.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99661694.html

Starting to look more and more like Burnett could get that starting job. Atari seems to have really hurt himself this off season. Not showing up to OTAs and minicamp is one thing, not taking care of an injury like that is another.

they get smoked.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigby's brain must be the size of a peanut. Why was this guy expecting to get more money in the first place? He certainly didn't deserve it. He did make some impact plays in the past when he wasn't hurt, but at this point I don't think alot of people care if he remains with this team. Here is to hoping Morgan Burnett is the answer.

Finally training camp starts.... Were getting so close to the season can't wait!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Don't forget:

In two games against Minnesota, one against Pittsburgh and the playoff loss to Arizona, quarterbacks Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner combined to throw 15 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions.

They completed 99 of 138 passes (71.7%) for 1,397 yards and combined for an average passer rating of 140.3. I think that's 349 yards per game.

Mileage like that is not a fluke.
Can Capers fix it, does he have enough cover ability on the roster to solve it?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Sam Shields making some plays today in practice.

Also: Adam_Schefter: Percy Harvin AND DeSean Jackson were each carted off field today? Whoa. Two franchises -- and every fantasy draft -- could be affected.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Sam Shields making some plays today in practice.

Also: Adam_Schefter: Percy Harvin AND DeSean Jackson were each carted off field today? Whoa. Two franchises -- and every fantasy draft -- could be affected.
both players will be fine

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Don't forget:

In two games against Minnesota, one against Pittsburgh and the playoff loss to Arizona, quarterbacks Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner combined to throw 15 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions.

They completed 99 of 138 passes (71.7%) for 1,397 yards and combined for an average passer rating of 140.3. I think that's 349 yards per game.

Mileage like that is not a fluke.
Can Capers fix it, does he have enough cover ability on the roster to solve it?
I think many people put too much emphasis on the covering skills of this squad. When healthy, Woodz, Harris, Tramon, Collins, Bigby/Burnett, Lee and Underwood is pretty solid with potential to be a great squad. To me, it all comes down to the D line. Can we get some push down the middle and get in the face of these guys so Matthews and Jones can be a factor?? The likes of Favre, Big ben and Warner didnt kill us because we couldnt cover but mostly because they had all day to throw. The stat you forgot to put in there is the sack total between these three games which is one. I think management understood that by drafting DLinemen and no CBs in this years draft.

This defense is all about pressure, if theres no pressure the cover guys cannot go to work, especially since this defense is mostly zone-based. they feed of the pressure. I dont care if you have a team full of D Revis, if theres no pressure, you cannot cover them all day. The Arizona game is the best example, nobody got even close to get in Warner's face. Raji, Jenkins, Pickett, Neal, Wilson will be the key guys to watch this year if they can not only stop the run like last year but also be disruptive inside.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember that MNF game against the Vikings.. At one point Favre had so much time he could have made himself a sandwich. It was like 8 seconds or so wasn't it? Just 0 pressure.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It does start up front with the pass rush.
But as LeRoy Butler said, you can't win with Jarrett Bush as your nickel back.

#1- If our DB hasn't improved enough that Jarrett Bush ever still has to play, then I'm worried. Also, Underwood and Pat Lee have proven nothing at this point, reminiscent of Barbre and Giacomini a year ago. I hope we see different results here.

#2- About the pass rush, is adding Neal & Wilson & Zombo enough to make the difference? We actually had some good pressure against Roethlisberger. He was sacked by both Matthews and Jones and I think Cullen Jenkins, and Jenkins had a free run at him on the 2nd last play of the game where if he sacked the big rapist, the game would have ended. That was just terrible coverage that day.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Sure am seeing Jordyz's name come up a good deal in the first few practices.

they get smoked.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Video of 1st practice: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99701724.html

This videos are awesome, but you have to hurry up and watch them because they can't keep them up very long for some reason.

they get smoked.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Good stuff, thanks TT88.
Boy, does Bedard have a voice for print journalism.

Hey, where's Waldo?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes some sense what Bigby did. Sore ankle, beloved rookie trying to take your job (thinking he might with the ankle and lack of production for 2 years). Holding out and trying to get a payday might have worked. Of course that is worse for the Packers, and I'm not going to expect much out of a player that would rather negotiate. Give me a competitor.

We should definitely keep Sam Shields if he shows anything in camp. He's a track star so if he goes out there and shows football skills he should be on the team. With us being so desperate for healthy DBs and KR/PR, we can't afford to let a good (or serviceable) one get away.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/p...4.html?index=4

Am I missing something here about Frank Zombo?
Anyone...... ?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How tall is Graham Harrell?
I thought he was 6-2, same as Rodgers.
http://media.jsonline.com/images/600...packers01a.jpg
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99723839.html

Another vid.

they get smoked.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/p...4.html?index=4

Am I missing something here about Frank Zombo?
Anyone...... ?
My guess is he went for a few extra coats during his last spray tan session...turned out a tad bit darker than he planned on, ha but actually the guy recovering the fumble is OLB Robert Francois from BC and Frank Zombo is the man just about to start the drill. I'm not sure if that was what you were referring to but yeah.

Coverage is hard to blame on just on position. DL needs to lock up as many OL's as possible so the LB's can work freely, the LB then need to put the pressure on quick as possible to help the DB's and the DB's have the toughest job because if the first 2 screw up they will need to try to cover a person for a much longer amount of time. (Extremely difficult). They had there faults but the defensive as a whole and the front 7 should take a ton of heat also. When Favre in two games and Warner in the playoffs don't even get touched....they will do that to darn near every team in the NFL. Revis Island would be in galped by the ocean if the Jets had that horrendous of a pass rush.

So 3 of the 4 games you love to tear the Packers secondary apart for we had no pass rush what so ever.

Vikings first game: 0 Sacks 1 Hits 4 Pressures in 33 drop backs (pressure 15% of time on pass plays)

Vikings second game: 0 Sacks 4 Hits 6 Pressures in 28 drop backs (pressure 36% of the time pass plays)

Arizona in playoffs: 1 Sack 3 Hits 5 Pressures in 36 drop backs (pressure 25% of the time on passing plays.

If 70% of the time you give guys like Favre and Warner....two of the oldest, smartest, future Hall of Fame QB's (Some will debate Warner) all day, they will tear you apart...and they did.

Steelers: 5 Sacks 1 Hit 15 Pressures = Secondary's fault
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will we see some Justin Harrell in multiple NFL games this year?

I'm surprisingly optimistic. I'd give it like a 30% chance as opposed to the "no way" stance I've had for the past year or two.

Mike Neal is my favorite rookie right now. Great potential in him. He's such a perfect fit for a 3-4 team that needs help rushing the passer and has some good big guys that can rotate in some downs.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How tall is Graham Harrell?
I thought he was 6-2, same as Rodgers.
http://media.jsonline.com/images/600...packers01a.jpg
I think that picture is a little deceiving just because of where each person is in his stride. Harrell's knee is bent and he's at about the lowest point in his stride, while Flynn and Rodgers are fully extended and at the tallest point in their strides.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Doesn't CJ Wilson have a knack for sacking QB's?
Would we expect him or Neal to be better at collapsing pockets and getting to QBs?

I have to admit, I've only read about Wilson, haven't actually seen any East Carolina games where he sacked QBs, but it soulds like that's the dude's specialty.

I also am excited about Big Mike.