Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some news from today's practice, currently going on:

packersinsider Nice: Nickel D: Matthews @ LOLB, Chillar @ ROLB, Barnett & Bishop in the middle.

MikeVandermause Another packed house and fans lined up along fences. Crowd estimate: 2500.

Mason Crosby struggling again. He needs to be afforded the luxury of having the same farking holder for once! It's like changing setters in volleyball. Or doubles partners in tennis. It takes time with the same guy. Not fair to Mason.

More on rookie RB James Starks, who hasn't played since 2008:
Quote:
There is a chance this hamstring injury – more of a problem for speed players than others – could linger.

Starks was initially injured during an off-season practice on May 20. He didn’t practice again. Starks also said the injury wasn’t fully healed when he took the test more than two months later.

“It probably wasn't 100%,” he said. “Tried to see where I was at and did a little more than I should have.”
May 20th, and today it's August 2nd. That's not good.
All guys heal from muscle things differently. Some bounce back faster than others.
We're almost at 2 1/2 months here, and he's not been tackled once yet as a pro.

Perhaps this is why Vandermause or was it Demovsky, mentioned Brian Westbrook today.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 08-02-2010 at 03:33 PM.
J-Mike88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deja vu....?

Quote:
Defensive end Justin Harrell made it just halfway through the fourth practice of Green Bay Packers training camp Monday afternoon before leaving for unspecified reasons.

One of the Packers' defensive players said Harrell told him on the field that he was suffering from fatigue and heat-related symptoms. However, the player didn't see Harrell afterward and admitted he wasn't certain why he left.

Harrell still wasn't in the locker room about an hour after practice. Later, one of the team's equipment attendants gathered Harrell's street clothes from his locker and left the room.

It was hot and humid Monday at Nitschke Field for the 2 p.m. workout, which didn't end until 4:25.

Harrell appeared to be in some distress within the first 30 to 45 minutes. He frequently removed his helmet during individual drills, sat on his haunches and appeared to be stretching his torso and back.

After standing around with the rest of the defense during a lengthy jog-through, Harrell ran off to the nearby Hutson Center at 3:15 during a drill change and wasn't seen again.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Deja vu....?
Is he really that unluckily-fragile, or does this guy simply have s low tolerance of pain/discomfort?

He's never really been involved in a lot of battles/action in the trenches to get that injured in the first place.

Unlike a guy like Pickett who has had hundreds of big battles with 2, 3 O-linemen, been run over, twisted, etc.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got a bad back that's never going to heal and surgery isn't going to help it. He might be better off missing a limb. He should have just retired. I must have been delusional when I gave him a 30% chance to play this year. I was thinking after some rest (2 years?) they could dope him up and give him cortisone shots to get something out of him but that only stretches so far - not far enough apparently.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Jones isn't practicing either... surprised that isn't getting talked about more. He's one of the most important players on the defense because we are counting on a strong sophomore season from him and there isn't much depth there. We could put Chillar, Poppinga, or even Hawk there but any one would handicap the defense and our pass rush. Chillar is light, he can't stop the run or shed blockers well. Poppinga is a straight line rusher and he can't cover. Hawk would shift up the MLBs (which would be fine) but I seriously doubt his ability as an edge rusher and his coverage is suspect.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrell's absence yesterday was due to the heat and he is back on the field today

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

If I understand it correctly Jolly got off completely clean as long as he follows the rules for 1 year. That's great news for us. We probably get him back next year and just when training camp is opening we'll know for sure he is in good shape. Maybe there is now a chance he could even appeal the suspension to shorten it. I would feel a lot better about staying out of trouble for a year if he spent half of it focusing on football. He should make that arguement to Goodell.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I've written Jolly off totally as a future Packer and I think he actually belongs behind bars for awhile. Goodell agrees apparently and he dishes out his own justice non-dependent on what the courts decide. I like that. Except.... I wish he'd suspend those fatass Williams brothas.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree Jolly deserved to get suspended. I do not agree how long and when the suspension came down. The guy hasnt been convicted of anything at all yet so a year long suspension is kind of a joke imo. I will give the guy another chance and if he can complete what has been asked of him below I think he deserves another chance.

Quote:
Jolly will have to serve 160 hours of community service, including making 10 speaking engagements in the Houston area on avoiding drug use, during the year-long period. Those will be coordinated through a court drug intervention program called STAR, according to attorneys.

State district Judge Mike Anderson spoke at length about many of them in open court to Jolly.

Jolly will not be able to consume drugs or alcohol, and must stay away from establishments that serve alcohol. He must report monthly to Harris County probation officials and submit to random drug and alcohol testing.

Anderson also told Jolly that if a doctor prescribes any medication for him, the doctor must make contact with the court

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We need to have more chatter in here..... I see Lions posts more often than in here. They have like 2 wins in 2 years, we can go a lot better.

So far from camp:
Biggest news is no big news, meaning no injuries of significance.
Brad Jones is a bit hobbled but nothing serious.
Bigby, well we're used to that.

Matt Flynn has not looked good.
Crosby still struggling, but I don't like the fact that it's about his 10th holder in 2+ seasons, and the guy he kicked em all with yesterday was Tim Masthay, the punter who has at best a 50% chance of making the team.

Matt Flynn should continue to be his holder. As long as Arod is around, Flynn won't be needed at QB anyway. If Flynn is needed at QB, then we're basically screwed anyway.

But the hold is very important for a kicker. It's much the same as a partner in doubles (tennis), or having the same catcher for a particilar pitcher, the same setter who knows where the hitters like the ball set, etc. If anyone plays golf here, you know what a big difference a tiny variation makes with the way the ball is tee'd up, how high, low, etc.

Still not sure what to make of Justin Harrell. I don't expect him to be in uniform in Philly come Sept 12th, that's all I feel. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

this from this morning's practice (thursday)

Greg_A_Bedard: Bigby will have surgery tomorrow on his ankle for a second time. McCarthy didn't know whether it will be season ending

Later he said if not IR, he will be on the PUP and miss the first 6 weeks at least.

Hello Morgan Burnett. Thank God they drafted him.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random early training camp thoughts.

-The Jermichael Finley hype machine is getting a little old. It was fun last year to think of him as a dynamic matchup nightmare. And, that's what he turned into. And, we get it. He's mature now. And, still talented. But, really, anytime somebody gets hyped up this much, reconstructive knee surgery isn't too far behind.

-Speaking of hype and injuries...yeah, I'm not drinking the Justin Harrell kool-aid again. between the Journal-Sentinel and the Press-Gazzette, there seems to be an article everyday stating that Justin Harrell is still healthy. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Homer invented the "everything is ok alarm". But, really, the d-line works best as a rotation. and the rotation is better if a talent like Harrell is a part of it.. I'd love to see him contribute. But, he has chronic back issues. this means, he'll withstand the rigors of training camp, only to be taken out while bending over to tie his shoes.

-Speaking of guys named Harrell...let's give Graham a roster spot. We need to groom a backup with some upside, and I don't think Matt Flynn has it. I see Flynn as a checkdown game manager type. And, I don't see our offense operating with that type of QB. Graham Harrell has success running a verticle offense. I know he's a project...but, I think he's the type of backup we need if Rodgers ever goes down.

-Speaking of guys on the bubble with a lot of upside...I AM drinking the Sam Shields kool-aid. How can we NOT have a spot for a potential special teams ace? his potential at CB may be a couple years away, but, if he can spend that time returning kicks, give him a few years. besides. Same Shields is the most awesome name for a cornerback since Quentin Jammer.

-I love our offensive line...in 2012. Bulaga-Newhouse-Spitz-Sitton-Lang...awesome.

-I think I'm TOO into fantasy football. When the fake news about Favre's fake retirment broke, i thought.."hmm...what does this mean...well, Sidney Rice's value goes down...AD's value goes up. one less capable QB on the board...oh yeah.....and this greatly increases the Packer's chances of winning the division."

-keep in mind that I've never typed the word "Jordyzzz" in my entire stay on these forums...but, I think he breaks out this year.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
-Speaking of guys on the bubble with a lot of upside...I AM drinking the Sam Shields kool-aid. How can we NOT have a spot for a potential special teams ace? his potential at CB may be a couple years away, but, if he can spend that time returning kicks, give him a few years. besides. Same Shields is the most awesome name for a cornerback since Quentin Jammer.
Everything I've heard about Shields has been positive: steal pickup, tons of special teams potential, more mature, and now he's doing well in camp. It would be great to see him pan out, because corner depth and special teams are two spot we could really use help.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't count on Graham Harrell making it...while he has experience in a vertical passing game, his arm isn't nearly strong enough to hold a spot in the NFL

Old 08-05-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If Shields can spark us just once or twice on special teams, even blow up like a Devin Hester or Dante Hall 8 years ago.... wow.

I loved the pickup of Graham Harrell after seeing him in Lubbock for 2 pheomenal years, getting the ball to Crabtree at the right time in the right spots. But I'm not sure of his upside. But remember, you do not need a rocket arm to succeed at QB in the NFL, and Jarmarcus Russell showed that even if you do, and even if you are big & strong, that doesn't matter if you can't throw fast & accurate.

Don Banks is drinking the Kool-Aid now too?
I wish Peter King and Banks were psychic !
Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

You don't need a huge arm, I agree, but you need a capable arm and Harrell doesn't possess an arm that make the good majority of NFL throws...if we're looking for someone with experience in a vertical passing game and possesses a stronger arm than Harrell, then let's go after Colt Brennan

Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-The Jermichael Finley hype machine is getting a little old. It was fun last year to think of him as a dynamic matchup nightmare. And, that's what he turned into. And, we get it. He's mature now. And, still talented. But, really, anytime somebody gets hyped up this much, reconstructive knee surgery isn't too far behind.
Finley is going to be a ******* beast this year. Once the media found out about it they won't shut up, but he's going to be huge.

Quote:
-Speaking of guys named Harrell...let's give Graham a roster spot. We need to groom a backup with some upside, and I don't think Matt Flynn has it. I see Flynn as a checkdown game manager type. And, I don't see our offense operating with that type of QB. Graham Harrell has success running a verticle offense. I know he's a project...but, I think he's the type of backup we need if Rodgers ever goes down.
No thank you. I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but not this year and not with Harrell. I'd much rather keep Flynn than Harrell. If we're going to do that we need to draft someone who's decent and worth the time. Oh and hopefully doesn't suck as much as Brian Brohm.

Quote:
I'm not yet. I want to see him cover other team's WRs in preseason before I form an opinion on him. He's intriguing, but I think he's more of a practice squad player.

Quote:
-I love our offensive line...in 2012. Bulaga-Newhouse-Spitz-Sitton-Lang...awesome.
Switch Lang and Newhouse. Heck that could be what we're looking at in 2011 depending what Clifton and Tauscher do after the season.

Quote:
-keep in mind that I've never typed the word "Jordyzzz" in my entire stay on these forums...but, I think he breaks out this year.
You just did. Quotes don't save you.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
I AM drinking the Sam Shields kool-aid. How can we NOT have a spot for a potential special teams ace? his potential at CB may be a couple years away, but, if he can spend that time returning kicks, give him a few years. besides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb12
On Sam Shields:
I'm not yet. I want to see him cover other team's WRs in preseason before I form an opinion on him. He's intriguing, but I think he's more of a practice squad player.
I agree with drowe, and he said his potential at CB may be a couple years away, but if he can field the punts/kicks, there's no reason to let his speed help us now in the return game.
That's usually when the returners are at their best, their first year and two, before they learn how f****ing dangerous it is to haul ass with 11 guys aiming for them at full speed from all directions.

BTW, I thank the Bears for now making Hester a WR and not the lethal PR he was.

And in the meantime, Jarrett Bush can't cover anyone yet he stays on special teams with the tag of being a good special teamer. He's a willing, capable special teamer, not a good one. Focus on him sometime if you are at a game and he's still on the punt teams. He's soft. You guys wonder why our PR usually gets crushed as soon as he catches the punt, but the other team's PR has time & space when he fields it? Bush is one of the guys.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

From DB coach Joe Whitt today:

Asked which of his younger guys has impressed the most, Whitt didn't hesitate to say Sam Shields.

"He's a very mature young man and has all the ability in the world. This is only his second year playing corner and he has a lot of learning to do but he's very serious, he understands the sense of urgency that it takes to be a good player and he's getting better every day."
Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen him return any kicks yet so I can't comment on that. If he can prove he's worthy of a spot whether it be as a corner or returner, then yeah of course keep him on the team. However I'm going to wait until we see him in real action to make a judgement on him. For some reason a lot of these undrafted guys get too much hype and love on this forum.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There are still alot of people who aren't a believer in Finley though, and I don't know about the last part but I saw alot of guys get hyped up like this and they proceeded to have a pro bowl caliber season. I think people are excited because they saw the way he finished the 2nd half of last season plus the post season game, and during that time he was more productive then Dallas Clark.

I think it was just a young player finally starting to understand things, and it's exciting to think about him turning that into a 16 game season. I don't even think he's played his best football yet, keep in mind he went to Fitzgerald's camp which helped Sidney Rice a ton.

Receiving wise he always had the ability to be the best pass catching TE in the league, he still is trying to develop into an awesome all around TE, but being that he's so young it looks like all the hype he's getting is deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard how Brandon Underwood is coming along? Or Josh Bell for that matter I guess. I don't even see how Jarret Bush has gotten a rep as as good special teams guy. He sucks and hopefully he wont be around after the preseason. I would be very very happy.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I don't even see how Jarret Bush has gotten a rep as as good special teams guy..
Good question. My only guess is it is because our special teams is always so dominant that he just gets the credit.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Bush actually was a really good special teamer his first two years. Since then he's just been ok though. Not at the point where he deserves a roster spot because of it anymore.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Rick Gosselin is the only guy who I see who annually looks into special teams and breaks them down, and rates each team.

PACKERS:
2009- 31st
Four division winners finished in the top 10 in special teams: No. 4 Dallas, No. 7 San Diego, No. 8 Arizona and No. 9 Minnesota.
INSIDE-THE-20 PUNTS
Best: Arizona, 42
Worst: Green Bay, 15

PENALTIES
Best: Atlanta, 6
Worst: Green Bay, 28

2008- 26th
KICKOFF RETURNS
Worst: Green Bay, 20.1 yards

PENALTIES
Best: Denver, 6
Worst: Green Bay, 24

2007- t7th
Green Bay and Houston charted the greatest improvements in the span of a year. The Texans finished 29th in the NFL in 2006 and the Packers last. But Houston vaulted to fourth and the Packers to seventh.

Special teams helped the Packers win the NFC North with a 13-3 record and helped the Texans post their first non-losing season in franchise history at 8-8.