Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthews will be out at least two weeks according to MM

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Matthews will be out at least two weeks according to MM
That sucks. Hopefully that heals up quickly.

Bulaga to get a shot at the LG job.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I continue to hear nothing but positive things about Jordy so far in camp.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That sucks. Hopefully that heals up quickly.
Bulaga to get a shot at the LG job.
As long as Clay is healthy before September gets here, I'm good with that.
It gives the other guys a better shot at OLB and might make us bring in a 34 OLB vet.

Why is Bulaga getting a shot at LG?

They said when they drafted him he's our LT period.
You all know Clifton will miss some time, Bulaga needs to be 100% prepared for that position.
Unless they like TJ at LT. Lang looks fantastic to me.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
As long as Clay is healthy before September gets here, I'm good with that.
It gives the other guys a better shot at OLB and might make us bring in a 34 OLB vet.

Why is Bulaga getting a shot at LG?

They said when they drafted him he's our LT period.
You all know Clifton will miss some time, Bulaga needs to be 100% prepared for that position.
Unless they like TJ at LT. Lang looks fantastic to me.
Bulaga is getting a shot because Colledge and Barbre stink...the plan is for him to be the LT of the future but as of the present they need help at guard next to Clifton, not behind him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Bulaga is getting a shot because Colledge and Barbre stink...the plan is for him to be the LT of the future but as of the present they need help at guard next to Clifton, not behind him.
whats that say about spitz then, he must not be having a good training camp.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see how this all plays out.

90% of our OL problems last year came off the edges with the OTs.
Our interior OL performed fine, and I know Colledge graded out lower than he had before, but he's not terrible like some people like to say. He's not Pro Bowl, but he's decent if he stays at LG.

I feel like a year ago when I was defending Wells. Everybody seemed to think Wells sucked, and needed to be "upgraded" by Spitz.
I think we learned the truth there now.

Colledge as LG doesn't worry me.
At LT? Yep.

Lang and Bulaga at OT can be good IMO.

Newhouse bears watching too.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad they are trying Bulaga at LG. Get him some game experience as soon as possible, it will be good for him. More importantly get the best 5 out there. Just don't let him turn into Colledge where he ends up playing out of position at guard and never gets it at tackle. I'm not too worried because I think Colledge just isn't the football player Bulaga is - I think he wasn't going to be good no matter where we put him.

It seems they are looking at Spitz as a utility backup which is great. If he can be a solid backup at LG, C, RG it really gives us flexibility to work on the tackle positions.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'm glad they are trying Bulaga at LG. Get him some game experience as soon as possible, it will be good for him. More importantly get the best 5 out there. Just don't let him turn into Colledge where he ends up playing out of position at guard and never gets it at tackle. I'm not too worried because I think Colledge just isn't the football player Bulaga is - I think he wasn't going to be good no matter where we put him.

It seems they are looking at Spitz as a utility backup which is great. If he can be a solid backup at LG, C, RG it really gives us flexibility to work on the tackle positions.
I agree. Colledge just doesn't have that nastyness that you'd like out of our offensive lineman. Iff Bulaga can start off at LG this year and take over at LT next year then why not give him a shot to win a job. They obviously like what they see from him.

As for Spitz, I have to agree again that his best position right now is as a utility backup. A few years ago he looked to be our RG of the future but with his back flarring up like it has the past 2 seasons we just can't count on him starting 16 games.

Clifton/Bulaga/Wells/Sitton/Tauscher gives us our best 5 IMO. If Lang can beat out Tauscher though we'd be in better position for the future.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Clifton-Lang-Wells-Sitton-Bulaga. I don't understand why Lang is practicing tackle so much more than guard.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I like Clifton-Lang-Wells-Sitton-Bulaga. I don't understand why Lang is practicing tackle so much more than guard.
I think they love his feet and quickness, so they want him out at OT. Plus, he's a much better run blocker than a pass blocker, so it's natural for him to play RT over LT

I don't like how the Packers develop these guys, put them at one spot and keep them there why have them play inside and out

have it as Clifton - Colledge/Spitz - Wells - Sitton - Tauscher/Lang, than the following year have it as Baugla - ??? - Wells - Sitton - Lang

Last edited by PACKmanN : 08-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't like how the Packers develop these guys, put them at one spot and keep them there why have them play inside and out
I don't think that's a big deal. Yes there are differences, but at the end of the day offensive line is offensive line. Until they are settled in at a definite spot might as well let them move around to give them the best chance of getting on the field. 90+% of what they practice is the same whether it's at tackle or guard. There are a few technique differences in how you block depending on where you are on the line, but for as many years as these guys have played offensive line they should have those basics down already. Once they take a hold of a starting spot they can start refining that.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Josh Bell was put on IR.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Bell was put on IR.
Would have been a pretty big accomplishment for him to make the roster anyway.

Green Bay Blizzard linebacker Maurice Simpkins signed.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We all have different "Fav 5" for our best OL... it's a tough deal.
I really like TJ Lang.
I am pretty sure he can/is a good-great RT.
I am pretty sure he can/is a good-great LG.
I am optimistic he can be a good LT.
Same with Bulaga.

It's tricky to sort this out. Clearly if healthy, we're solid at LT and RT with the 2 vets. Let's not get carried away here and try and toss the 2 old bookends out if they are healthy. Rodgers loves having them there and I understand why.

Tough break for skinny Josh Bell. I actually think the guy has some potential if he bulks up.
I also wouldn't be shocked to see James Starks get put on IR if he doesn't get back healthy soon. I hear they really like Quincy Porter and still like Lumpkin.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
We all have different "Fav 5" for our best OL... it's a tough deal.
I really like TJ Lang.
I am pretty sure he can/is a good-great RT.
I am pretty sure he can/is a good-great LG.
I am optimistic he can be a good LT.
Same with Bulaga.

It's tricky to sort this out. Clearly if healthy, we're solid at LT and RT with the 2 vets. Let's not get carried away here and try and toss the 2 old bookends out if they are healthy. Rodgers loves having them there and I understand why.

Tough break for skinny Josh Bell. I actually think the guy has some potential if he bulks up.
I also wouldn't be shocked to see James Starks get put on IR if he doesn't get back healthy soon. I hear they really like Quincy Porter and still like Lumpkin.
Yeah, I'm kind of expecting Starks to spend the season on IR. He's a guy worth keeping, but it'd be tough to give him a roster spot if he continues to miss time.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Bell was put on IR.
Pornstar at proshop.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Bell was put on IR.
Great this just means Jarret Bush is a tad more likely to remain with the Packers.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Alright, I like Matt Flynn, but holy crap do these guys think highly of him

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/100407939.html
Quote:
"If I was a GM and I needed a quarterback that's who I would go get," an executive in personnel for an NFL club said in unsolicited remarks in April. "I think he's the best backup in the league.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/100407939.html

Quote:
"If I was a GM and I needed a quarterback that's who I would go get," an executive in personnel for an NFL club said in unsolicited remarks in April. "I think he's the best backup in the league.
Interesting article.

EDIT: Damn you GB12.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pornstar at proshop.

i'd hit it

btw, how has Jackson looked so far?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pornstar at proshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjwAtQduzE0

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Hell ya I'd hit it too. Porn star? Thats a joke right (over my head)?

Matt Flynn the best backup in the NFL? Another joke? Is today 4/1 again?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Aug. 10, 2010 |(30) Comments

Green Bay - The Packers saw LT Chad Clifton and OLB Cyril Obiozor leave the evening practice early.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Clifton became ill following the afternoon meetings. Allen Barbre took the first-team reps as Bryan Bulaga continued to stay at left guard.

Obiozor strained his left calf and will be reevaluated with the other injured players by Dr. Pat McKenzie on Wednesday.

Packers were already missing Clay Matthews and Frank Zombo at OLB.

"Tight ends and outside linebackers, the way we practice and the way they're used schematically and also the importance of those two positions on special teams, it's a challenge, it's a challenge every year," McCarthy said
Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people are looking at bulaga playing guard all wrong. Playing LT and LG take a different skill set to play them as LT is more an athletic great footwork position and LG is a more quick first step bulldozer. to me it seems bulaga can play both and dont worry about him not learning the LT spot if hes at LG technique will be the same a pull is still a pull, you still pass protect the same just maybe not as deep second step ect. alot of the time what makes a good olinemen is his abiltiy to read a defensive front and know how to block it, so what better way to learn then be stuck between clifton and wells for a season and have them help you out. rather then wait a year practice with the second team who dont get many reps during season and then next year be stuck possibly aside colledge. mm knows what hes doing and soon will bring us a superbowl
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote