Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh S***. SI Jinx?

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That's scary and it shows the lack of ability between Lee, Underwood and Bush.
I think Underwood was going to be the guy but he injured his shoulder vs the Colts. Apparently it's the same shoulder he hurt back in college. Wondering if the Packers are withholding the severity of his injury. If he is out for an extended period of time, I'd expect to see the Pack make a trade right before roster cut downs to get some more depth at CB

Pat Lee is looking like a certified BUST. Dude has been healthy all camp, and has been in the competition from the get-go, and has failed to impress. We really need to hope that whenever Al comes back, he will be the same player, and that nobody else in the secondary suffers any injury that wipes them out for an extended period of time. The DL/Lbers will need to be bringing the pressure big time this season
Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Packer fans wondered what made Pat Lee a 2nd round pick.
He'd done nothing at Auburn, and he only did that in one season. In a running conference where there are few pass defense opportunites.

As for Underwood: he looked barely mediocre this preseason before he hurt his shoulder too. Don't let that be an excuse for him.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris will start on PUP.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/101914398.html

This kinda sucks, but the good new is that after Philly, we have a pretty easy 5 games.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who did we cut? We probably haven't even heard of them just a bunch of no names...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris, Starks, Bigby to PUP (no surprises), Porter to IR. With Gore being cut earlier, that gets us down to 75.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/101918508.html

Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the first 6 games of the schedule aren' really against any top flight passing teams, so I think the team will be able to survive without Harris in the secondary. Just want him at 100%, because they'll certainly need him in the 2nd half when they face the Vikes(x2), Dallas, Giants, and Patriots

Of those first 6 games, I'd classify only the Bears and Eagles as threats in the passing game. Detroit certainly has up and coming talent there, but I don't think they'll be able to stop the Packers offense/hang with them
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore got Josh Wilson for a 2011 conditional 5th round pick. We should have done that.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Seriously. I still expect TT to maybe acquire a CB somehow...either trading a pick or one of their FB/TE or even P who doesn't win the job
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Baltimore got Josh Wilson for a 2011 conditional 5th round pick. We should have done that.
I agree with you there. But far beit for us to question our front office.
But we sure can't draft that damn position, so I think all other options need to be utilized.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How nervous are you guys about our cornerbacks and overall defensive depth? I'm starting to get antsy. I don't think it will affect our regular season too much, as I only see us facing two (three if you count the Vikings) teams with elite passing attacks.

I'm just worried about hitting the playoffs and possibly facing the Saints and getting lit up. I like our offense against anybody but shootouts are unpredictable.

I just see teams that can go to a legit 3 WR option torching us unless Harris comes back as good as new and Burnett becomes a force against the pass. We failed to acquire a starting caliber CB or a true second pass-rush threat and I think it might come back to bite us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I think the D will be fine. CB depth is sort of lacking, but how many teams are 3-4 deep with good CB's? We need Harris back and healthy, and if he is by week 7, the Packers have 2 elite CB's, and 1 decent/good one in Tramon. Shields/Underwood/Lee as the #4 etc I think is manageable

Top flight offenses are that for a reason, they'll get their points. Pack D just needs to do enough vs them so that the Pack offense can put up enough points on the board. Definitely will need to generate some sort of pass rush vs those elite offenses. That was the problem last season. Give those elite offense with good QB's all day to throw, and it doesn't matter how many Woodson/Revis's you got in the secondary

I think as the season goes on, the DL will continue to improve, and Raji will get better and better. That Neal pick is looking really good now, as he'll play a valuable role in keeping everybody on that line fresh, rotating in and out for Picket/Jenkins/Raji

All thats left is to find out who else will be getting to the QB opposite Clay. Can Jones/Zombo get the job done?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm worried as hell.
Why?

Well TT basically ignored what all our eyes saw last year in Minny, Pittsburgh, and Arizona, telling us they expect their young draft picks Lee and Underwood to improve from within.

No free agents, or traded CBs were brought in, or draft picks.

Pat Lee sucks, he's basically Ahmad Carroll out there. Underwood is raw, and brittle. Too skinny.
Sam Shields looks better than both of those guys, but he's still raw and should never be starting this year, but right now he's our starting nickelback, and against all those passing teams, we need good nickels.

This I just don't understand here:
Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks surprisingly traded starting cornerback Josh Wilson to the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday in exchange for a conditional 2011 draft pick.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said they felt there was enough depth at the position with Kelly Jennings and rookie Walter Thurmond that they could part with Wilson.

"This was a team that was very aggressive in coming after Josh," Seattle general manager John Schneider said. "They were in a situation where they have a strong need. It has more to do with how Walter has stepped up and how (Marcus Trufant) is playing and some of the younger guys."

The move came just as the Seahawks were wrapping up practice on Tuesday, a practice that Wilson participated in before receiving word of the trade.

Wilson spent his first three seasons with the Seahawks after being a second-round pick out of Maryland in 2007. Wilson started 23 of 28 games the last two seasons and took both of his interceptions a year ago back for touchdowns.

Wilson also has been a standout on special teams, averaging 27 and 25 yards per kickoff return his first two years in the league.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0yFPksn3Y
Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm worried as hell.
Why?

Well TT basically ignored what all our eyes saw last year in Minny, Pittsburgh, and Arizona, telling us they expect their young draft picks Lee and Underwood to improve from within.

No free agents, or traded CBs were brought in, or draft picks.

Pat Lee sucks, he's basically Ahmad Carroll out there. Underwood is raw, and brittle. Too skinny.
Sam Shields looks better than both of those guys, but he's still raw and should never be starting this year, but right now he's our starting nickelback, and against all those passing teams, we need good nickels.

This I just don't understand here:
TT obviously refuses to stop believing in our young CBs, even though there is absolutely no indication any of them, except Shields, will ever be even nickel worthy (and Shields is at least a couple years off.) It's ridiculous that we wouldn't give a 4th for Wilson, but we have no choice but to wait and hope. I'm sure TT honestly believes he can draft a better player than Wilson with the 4th rounder next year, despite a history of horrible CB picks.

I hope Jones steps up as a pass rusher. I think he could. Or maybe they somehow light a fire under Raji, cuz if he goes out there and plays with aggression every down he's got the ability to consistently collapse the pocket. The only thing stopping him from being a top-5 nose tackle in the league is his passion (or lack thereof.)

Any reports that Jones bulked up this offseason? He was too small for an effective 3-4 OLB last year.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

ON SAM SHIELDS

From Q&A with Pistol Pete today:

Pete Dougherty:
A little of both. But I have to say, I've been doing this since '93 and have never seen an undrafted rookie make plays like he has in camp. Now, if he's the nickel guy he's going to get abused some, you can count on that, it's happened in practice. But he's made a handful of plays that are kind of,'wow, you don't see that too often out here except from guys like Woodson. So there's some real talent there.

Also, what happened to twiggy Josh Bell again?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 09-01-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Wilson is shor, 5 foot 9, there was no way TT was going to go after him. He hasn't drafted a CB under 5 foot 11 since he's been in Green bay. Jon Sneider obviously follows the same line of thought, and it probably factored into this decision to move Wilson.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Any reports that Jones bulked up this offseason? He was too small for an effective 3-4 OLB last year.
Yep, Jones reportedly put on over 10 lbs this off season.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

So yeahhhh, Kevin O'Connell needs to be signed by the Packers..a little off topic but I liked the kid coming out, liked him in New England, Jets was a lose lose for him with Brunell and Clemons was who they were comfortable with. Good size (6'5 225) good arm, and can move well. I think he is for sure an upgrade over Harrell and think he'd compete well with Flynn. Just a thought, just got done watching hardknocks.

I'm not going to worry about DB to much. J-Mike can continue to beat those Vikings games (no pas rush at all) that Steeler Game, reasonable arguement, and the Cardinal game (same exact gameplay as the week before....give any great 38 year old, possible HOF QB a week to study you and and give him the exact same look....heck even Taveras Jackson could pull that off) So one game is on the DB's 100% and the others are on play calling/strategy and/or lack of pressure (Let Favre read through a defense for at least 5,6,7 seconds a play, he'd make 09'-10' Jets secondary look silly, Revis included)

Sammy Shields could be the steal of the draft when we look back on this draft in a few years. Right now the mistakes he is making are just common mistakes a rookie will make....the plays he makes at times are just wow. Just to bad he can't field a punt or Kick return to save his @ss.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Well just read J-Mikes post on Sheilds lol guess me a Pete Doughtery are on the same page...
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

RB, I hear ya on the lack of pass rush in the Minny game 1, but they went after him harder in game 2, just couldn't get to him soon enough to cover up for the lack of coverage. Always, first half especially, someone was open too soon.

And not adding anyone better than Brad Jones concerns me.
I love Mike Neal. But to me, the other OLB spot is critical to disrupting and battering QBs like Farve, Brees, Brady, etc. I hope the pocket is really collapsed with Raji, Jenkins, and Neal, but I really believe that they also need another OLB for the QB and OL to worry about.

I am an optimist and pessimist at the same time, but this area of our team is still the biggest chance of keeping us from getting to Dallas IMO.

I hope Shields continues to develop and improve. Imagine a healthy Harris back, with Shields having improved even more in these almost 2 months. That would be a nice dime-package and we wouldn't have to worry about Bush or Underwood or Lee. The problem is that the odds are some more new injuries creep in.

Look at all the guys nicked up already before the season gets here.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
So yeahhhh, Kevin O'Connell needs to be signed by the Packers..a little off topic but I liked the kid coming out, liked him in New England, Jets was a lose lose for him with Brunell and Clemons was who they were comfortable with. Good size (6'5 225) good arm, and can move well. I think he is for sure an upgrade over Harrell and think he'd compete well with Flynn.
He's got to be better than Harrell, but Flynn has the backup spot and we're not going to keep three QBs.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

awesome.

they get smoked.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks screams pure sexy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields might get abused some, but he's the athletic kind of player that can come up with a pick in a high scoring aerial game. Peyton, Brees, Favre with try to throw on him and they will successfully, until he gets lucky and ends up with a pick. If he can do that, it will be a 14 point swing in a true shoot out game like Arizona last year and can be the difference between a loss and a win.

The good defenses rarely shut down offenses like the Colts or the Vikings. They avoid big plays and use a mix of athletic, opportunistic secondaries with good pass rushing when they can and cerebral linebackers that usually hold the runner to a 4 yard gain or less. We kind of fit that profile.

You guys need to remember that Shields is truly our 4th corner, Lee and Underwood are 5th and 6th, and they have combined for 1 full NFL season.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 09-02-2010 at 02:53 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote