Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields is our 3rd corner, not 4th. Harris will not play for at least the first six weeks and even after that Harris needs to prove that he is physically able to perform at a level anywhere near the point he was at before he got hurt; and at that point he was already in decline so there's no saying what a major knee injury will have done to his ability. And any Packers fan can try to sugarcoat what the impact, positive or negative, will be with Shields on the field but the truth is that's it's frightening to think that someone this inexperienced and raw will serve a vital role in the success of this team.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just afraid we're going to have to cover up for our lack of CB depth by consistently playing both our safeties deep against teams that can go 3-wide. I really like our D-Line going into this year and I really think Jones has a shot at becoming a legit #2 pass-rusher.

I'm not counting on Harris. If he DOES come back and is able to play at his old level by the playoffs and our CB rotation looks like Woodson-Charles-Williams-Shields and Jones ended up with 8+ sacks... I'll be looking forward to the Superbowl.

Also, just wanted to point out.. based on our schedule, does anyone see less than 12 wins this season? It's SUCH an easy schedule! I mean, the Cowboys and Patriots are the biggest games and the Patriots just lost a starting CB for the year. Rodgers should be able to put 350 on them without sweating.

I'm going 13-3. I think we'll lose once to the Vikings, to Atlanta, and then drop one against a lesser opponent (Miami is my guess.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pssssh 13-3 were going to do what the Patriots couldn't! 19-0!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucky Brooks

Aaron Rodgers puts up an MVP-caliber performance in leading a high-octane offense and the Packers to the division title.
Prediction: 12-4, first in NFC North

Vic Carucci
The Packers are serious contenders. Aaron Rodgers is among the NFL's best quarterbacks. Year Two in the 3-4 should help defense.
Prediction: 11-5, first in NFC North

Pat Kirwan
Packers could go deep in playoffs but have to deal with Vikings. Aaron Rodgers needs to stay upright, and losing DE Johnny Jolly hurts.
Prediction: 11-5, second in NFC North

Jason La Canfora
Could be the best team in football. Must avoid OL and DB injuries, but with Rodgers under center the Packers are poised for big things.
Prediction: 13-3, first in NFC North

Michael Lombardi
Offense is the best I have seen in some time. They will score a ton of points and allow their defense to rush the passer.
Prediction: 12-4, first in NFC North

Steve Wyche
Aaron Rodgers will light things up behind an upgraded line. NT B.J. Raji, playing his natural position, will be a top defender.
Prediction: 11-5, first in NFC North
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From JSOnline
Quote:
Kansas City — The Green Bay Packers have received one or more calls asking if offensive lineman Jason Spitz is available in a trade, while other teams are waiting to see whether he or teammate Evan Dietrich-Smith will be released on Saturday, NFL sources said this week.
Great news.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ironic to me that the position that the national media says is our weakness, the OL, is the one we have the most trade-worthy depth/assets.

I hope TT is able to at least do one trade with an OL for DB or OLB. These guys are better than Tony Moll is. Well, I think. Maybe not as Moll is playing for the Ravens right now.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the first six weeks our secondary should be adequate. Then they could actually pretty good. It would be bad for the team to think this way, but we can: we'll be getting considerably stronger in the secondary come December, and we won't lose enough games to knock us out of contention in the first 6 weeks. Charles Woodson and Nick Collins can't get hurt though. That would be almost as catastrophic as loosing Aaron Rodgers with where this team is right now.

CB1: Woodson
CB2: Harris
FS: Collins
SS: Bigby
Nickel: Tramon Williams
Dime: Morgan Burnett
Top backup: Sam Shields

or

CB1: Woodson
CB2: Tramon Williams
FS: Collins
SS: Burnett
Nickel: Harris
Dime: Shields
Top Backup: Bigby

Either one of those are just as good or better as teams that have won championships recently. Harris is a vet whose never been fast. He'll come back and be a mid-low level #2 or a good nickel. Shields is low on the depth chart but he has played as good or better than any corner we would have drafted 2nd round or later. If we had drafted a corner in the third and he played exactly like Shields has everyone would be talking about what a good pick it was and projecting him as a future starter. I got off topic a bit - what I meant to say was Shields is a spot player and Capers can hide him a bit in the secondary, not force him to man up on savvy receivers but put him in a position to ballhawk a bit in zone with help (pass rush or safety).

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underwood is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Underwood is out.
And remember, the real games have yet to begin.

There WILL be more injuries starting in week one. It's normal, it happens. You have to plan for it and be prepared.

Do you guys realize how lucky we have been with the durability of Charles Woodson? Seriously? Do you? This is a guy who was hurt all the time and missed games all the time before we stole him. He's way overdue to miss a few games.

Tramon hasn't shown to be a good #2 CB. What if he has to play #1 CB? Imagine him being the best we got out there. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

And Pat Lee sucks. He doesn't know what he's doing out there.

I can live with TT electing to assume Brad Jones is going to blossom at OLB. He showed some serious ability as a pass rusher at Colorado and had some nice moments last year for us. But I never, ever saw a player in Pat Lee, from Auburn to Green Bay. TT just loves his 5-11 or taller CBs. There are dons of 5-10 or under CBs who can do a lot better than Pat Lee can.

This team is Super Bowl caliber on rush defense, pass offense, and the running game. We need the pass defense to be able to cover prolific passing attacks if we have any future in the post-season. You can't get to face the Browns and Bucs and Rams in the playoffs. Hell, we lost to the Bucs last year and the year before, and we made the Browns offense look good this August too.

I'm optimistic, but still far from sold about our pass defense. I think TT is asking for Capers to be David Copperfield.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I wonder what we could get from Oakland, Kansas City, or Denver for Spitz.
Think they'd give us CB Chris Johnson back? We drafted him. Ha, I know, they drafted Woodson too! We won't give him back.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have received one or more calls asking if offensive lineman Jason Spitz is available in a trade, while other teams are waiting to see whether he or teammate Evan Dietrich-Smith will be released on Saturday, NFL sources said this week.

There are a number of teams around the NFL who are in the market for a center, which appears to be Spitz's best position and may be Dietrich-Smith's as well. Spitz has started 45 games, but only eight have been at center. The others were at left guard (eight) and right guard (29).

Among the teams that may be looking for centers are Oakland, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Denver and Houston, while a host of others might be looking for a guard. One of the sources said he knew for sure the Packers had been contacted about Spitz, but he declined to name the inquiring team.

Another source from a different team said he was interested to see whether the Packers released either Spitz or Dietrich-Smith. A number of other teams undoubtedly are keeping a close eye on what the Packers do when rosters are cut to 53 on Saturday.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Is this OLB worth a look for Capers? Does he have as much upside as Frank Zombo?

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/...ort-cody-brown

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com...ody_Brown/1620
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not Packer discussion but its a rival so close enough. Just want to LOL at the Vikes for trading Rosenfels away and deciding to keep T-jack over him. They better be hoping that the 41 year old Favre can withstand another full season of punishment. Rosenfels isn't much, but he looked like a competent NFL QB, which is more than you could say for T-joke
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some fellow Saints fans will probably blast, and mob me for saying this but the Packers are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this season, I think Rodgers has an amazing season and puts up big numbers, while the Defense does just enough to maintain a win streak.

Some people said the Cowboys were that team this off-season but they haven't shown me much to put a lot of faith in them, and while I think the Saints have a solid year I don't think we'll be able to replicate that same magic we had a year ago. Just make sure you take care of the Vikings 2 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Some fellow Saints fans will probably blast, and mob me for saying this but the Packers are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this season, I think Rodgers has an amazing season and puts up big numbers, while the Defense does just enough to maintain a win streak.

Some people said the Cowboys were that team this off-season but they haven't shown me much to put a lot of faith in them, and while I think the Saints have a solid year I don't think we'll be able to replicate that same magic we had a year ago. Just make sure you take care of the Vikings 2 times.
Thanks Auron... just make sure you take care of the Vikings next Thursday too. That's a very tough game and tough matchup for the Saints.
They outplayed you guys last season in the NFCCG, and they beat you in New Orleans on primetime the year before, with T-JAckson. And that despite I think TWO Reggie Bush returns for TDs in that game.

The Vikings DL matches great against the Saints offense I have noticed. Hope that changes on 9/9 next week!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barbre gone.

Zombo in Obiozer out.

Toribio, Talley, Lumpkin cut.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Barbre gone.

Zombo in Obiozer out.

Toribio, Talley, Lumpkin cut.
Blackmon gone is probably the biggest surprise for me. He was an electric return-man and had some potential as a 4th or 5th CB, too bad he could never stay healthy. I feel like Barbe being gone shows how much our OLine has improved.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really surprised to see us cut Havner. I thought of the him, Lee, and Crabtree, he was the last one they'd cut.

EDS to be traded or cut, Spitz will stay put. I actually like the move to keep Spitz.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it, I'm pissed we're cutting Havner. I love Havner.

Don't like that we're cutting Wynn either. I thought he was a decent rotational guy. Don't know what the coaches saw in Wilson to keep him over Wynn

Nick McDonald looked pretty bad to me. I'd rather have Dietrich-Smith or Newhouse

I would have liked to trade Spitz if we got a good offer. That might mean we didn't get any good enough.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Blackmon gone is probably the biggest surprise for me. He was an electric return-man and had some potential as a 4th or 5th CB, too bad he could never stay healthy. I feel like Barbe being gone shows how much our OLine has improved.
I haven't even seen our cuts yet other than this thread and the other thread.
I called it with Blackmon, but WTF is Havner being mentioned for here?

How could we cut him? He makes plays as a TE, I think scored 2 TDs in the Viking game last year. He's solid on special teams, and can play LB in a pinch.

What the hell?

And hasn't TT been able to trade any of these guys?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather tried to sneak Crabtree onto the PS then straight up cut Havner

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon was a bit surprising but he just can't stay healthy. This team has NO returner at all...on punts or on kick returns. That's concerning...as well as their CB depth

They also seem to be banking on Justin Harrell staying healthy all year. Another big risk right there
Old 09-04-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I would have rather tried to sneak Crabtree onto the PS then straight up cut Havner
Hopefully it's a false report:

RobDemovsky: Another media outlet. Might be true, just cant confirm @packersinsider: what's the story with havner's name mentioned? what's the origin?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Do you guys feel we need more upgrade at OLB or CB? Depth?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Considering the OLB backups to Matthews/Jones are Poppinga/Zombo..yeah, some upgrades would be nice, if at all possible

CB depth is another given, they need more people there, especially with Underwood out "indefinitely" with his shoulder injury

Don't like the thoughts of Nelson as PR and Jackson as KR, either
Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I said this in a different thread already, but Nelson isn't bad as a kick returner. He ranked 11th among those with at least 20 returns and he doesn't make bad plays. Sure he's not a big time 80 yard return guy, but he never loses yards either. He fields the ball cleanly and takes what he can get. We all would like a playmaker there, but if we don't have a good one Nelson will do.

He's not too good with punts though. Maybe take a bit of a risk and let Trammon Williams do it even though he's starting.