Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm terrified by our CB depth, but I'm not that concerned about our LB depth. If Poppinga or even Zombie needs to start some games this year it's not really going to destroy our defense, especially if Jones takes a logical step forward this year. Linebackers are much more plug-and-play then corners. You can't really cover up for bad corner play.

Our CB situation is dire, though. Not going to affect us much in the regular season due to lack of elite passing attacks on our schedule but once we hit the playoffs.. yikes. Drew Brees would annihilate us and with their corners I doubt even Rodgers could keep up.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nelson is awful at returning. He runs straight forward into a crowd and falls down. Every time.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure this is our 53:

QB (2): Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn
RB/FB (5): Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, Quinn Johnson, Korey Hall, John Kuhn
WR (5): Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brett Swain
OL (10): Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Daryn Colledge, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, TJ Lang, Justin Spitz, Nick McDonald, Marshall Newhouse
TE (4): Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Tom Crabtree, Andrew Quarless

DL (6): Cullen Jenkins, BJ Raji, Ryan Pickett, Justin Harrell, Mike Neal, CJ Wilson
LB (8): Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, Brad Jones, Brandon Chillar, Brady Poppinga, Frank Zombo,
DB (10): Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Morgan Burnett, Nick Collins, Charlie Peprah, Derrick Martin, Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush
SPEC (3): Tim Masthay, Brett Goode, Mason Crosby

PUP: Atari Bigby, Al Harris, Quinn Porter, James Starks

I have no idea why we kept McDonald over EDS. McDonald looked like a training camp body all off season. Glad we kept Newhouse. He could turn out to be a solid tackle. Clifton and Tauscher are almost done, so it's good to keep a 3rd option besides Bulaga and Lang. Also, at LT, he might be a better option than Lang.

Glad we cut Blackmon. He was useless. Above average returner who offered absolutely nothing elsewhere and was hurt more than half the time. Should have probably cut Jarrett Bush too, use the roster spot on Cyril Obiozor or Jarius Wynn. Obiozor would have been nice to keep but he didn't have much upside and he was swimming at the bottom of a sea of mediocrity. Same with Wynn over CJ Wilson. I don't think they thought much of any of these players but the rookies showed some flashes and ability to learn so they went with that.

I can't believe we can't find a receiver who can return kicks. I don't care if he sucks he just has to play receiver, be kind of fast, and be able to catch kicks. Jordy is not a good option and it was obvious the coaches felt the same as they gave everyone they could think of a chance to take the job. What the hell is wrong where we our KR/PRs drop so many kicks? Chery or Shields probably would have the job but they can't catch the damn ball. I could learn how to do that in a week of practice, why can't professionals learn it?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
DB (10): Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Morgan Burnett, Nick Collins, Charlie Peprah, Derrick Martin, Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush
I think my super bowl hopes just died.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

The Green Bay Packers released 20 players and will place two on injured reserve. The transactions were announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Released Saturday were punter Chris Bryan, tackle Chris Campbell, wide receiver Jason Chery, cornerback D.J. Clark, center/guard Evan Dietrich-Smith, wide receiver Charles Dillon, linebacker Robert Francois, tackle Breno Giacomini, quarterback Graham Harrell, tight end Spencer Havner, linebacker Alex Joseph, safety Anthony Levine, running back Kregg Lumpkin, linebacker Cyril Obiozor, linebacker Maurice Simpkins, defensive end Ronald Talley, nose tackle Anthony Toribio, wide receiver Chastin West, wide receiver Patrick Williams and defensive end Jarius Wynn.

Tackle/guard Allen Barbre and safety Will Blackmon will be placed on injured reserve. FROM THE OFFICIAL PACKERS WEBSITE
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise for me was Spencer Havner. He had the off-season thing, but looked good as a back-up LB, had a pick, he's good near the goal-line.
Brittle Blackmon on IR. Injury settlement and get rid of this guy. Harrell still there due to Ted's ego. I like Toribio more than him.
Practice Squad (if eligible): Jason Chery, Graham Harrell, Kregg Lumpkin, Jarius Wynn, Robert Francois, Charles Dillon, Anthony Toribio, Breno Giacomini.
Offensive roster looks good. Damn good.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
The Green Bay Packers released 20 players and will place two on injured reserve. The transactions were announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Released Saturday were punter Chris Bryan, tackle Chris Campbell, wide receiver Jason Chery, cornerback D.J. Clark, center/guard Evan Dietrich-Smith, wide receiver Charles Dillon, linebacker Robert Francois, tackle Breno Giacomini, quarterback Graham Harrell, tight end Spencer Havner, linebacker Alex Joseph, safety Anthony Levine, running back Kregg Lumpkin, linebacker Cyril Obiozor, linebacker Maurice Simpkins, defensive end Ronald Talley, nose tackle Anthony Toribio, wide receiver Chastin West, wide receiver Patrick Williams and defensive end Jarius Wynn.

Tackle/guard Allen Barbre and safety Will Blackmon will be placed on injured reserve. FROM THE OFFICIAL PACKERS WEBSITE
Numerous reports that both Barbe and Blackmon will be cut as soon as injury settlements are reached.

I've got 3 or 4 CBs that got cut today that would come in and be our #3 corner (not counting Harris, of course.) I pray TT gets over himself and signs one (OR THREE.) I'd really like to see us sign Nathan Vasher. He would be our #3 corner and punt returner, imo. I know he isn't exactly a great player at this point and has been cut twice but beyond Williams are corners are awful and Vasher is probably better than Nelson as a returner.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and we continue to hold onto Justin Harrell...

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
And Bush. But we drop Havner. ...TT is on drugs.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointed that we kept McDonald over Havner and EDS.

I love the move to keep Quinn Johnson over a third running back.

Bush makes it through another round of cuts. Hopefully he's gone once Harris comes off the PUP.

Not sure why people are upset about Harrell making the team. Not like any of the other guys had clearly outplayed him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Donald Lee should have been cut, can't explain my disapproval of cutting Havner. What can Lee do? Block maybe a little better than Havner, but drops 3/4 of the balls tha hit him in the hands. Havner can play TE, FB, LB, be a star on special teams, catch the ball, block, hit like a truck, and pick off some passes. I guess having versatile players means nothing to the Packers. Blackmon was a surprise for me also but they could still bring him back after week 10. Disappointing that TT couldn't pull off a trade for both Breno and Dietrich-Smith...I heard there were teams interest, curious to see how he couldn't even pull off 6th or 7th round picks over cutting them.

Was a little bumbed abot cutting Lumpkin but the fact that we kept Johnson kind of offsets that. There was no way I wanted to lose him. I have no problem with Harrell, with there D-Line rotation I think his body stands a good chance off holding up and he still offers more than Wynn or Tally at a DE spot. I'd say this is his last chance though.

Lets all just face it....Bush will never ever go away :/
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush still on the team shows how disappointing somebody like Pat Lee has been. Wouldn't be surprised if Lee gets cut once Al Harris returns from PUP, and Bush survives that
Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

Nick McDonald looked pretty bad to me. I'd rather have Dietrich-Smith or Newhouse
Newhouse made the team I thought?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did. EDS was cut, however

This D will be fine IMO, just gotta hope for no crippling injuries(obviously)

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-04-2010 at 10:41 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

For the people hating on Bush (for good reason i must admit), he's had one heck of a camp and actually really well in coverage throughout the whole camp. he played with an edge and made plays. Hes no starter or nickel material but a very good special team/depth guy to have.

Also, you guys think we're the only team with secondary problems? This is a league-wide problem. Look at the Jets without Revis, Steelers without Polomalu, now the Ravens without Reed, the Saints DB core is nothing special, neither are the vikings'. I mean, its a very hard position to play especially in this era with all these great QBs. Their play depends all on the pressure up front. So the real question is, can we generate a pass rush without blitzing?, will we get to the QB at all this year? The drafting of Mike Neal and CJ wilson along with the retaining of Justin Harell have a lot to do with the philosophy Capers and MM want to have. Control the line of scrimmage and you control the game. Can they do it?

Last edited by Favre4ever : 09-05-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
the Saints DB core is nothing special,
I agree with the rest but the Saints have probably the second best corner duo in the NFL and one of the top 5 DB groups as a whole. Now, their DLine and LB groups on the other hand....

And just to say something positive about our D since I'm a bit down on it lately. I really think our front seven has a chance to be something special. I love the depth and combination of talent we have there. I feel like if Raji performs at 75% of his ability and Jones takes a small step forward, we're going to generate a solid (although not elite) pass-rush and be a brick wall against the run. There's only one player in our main 13 starter/bu front seven I don't like and that's Harrell.

I also like our safeties, especially if Burnett keeps showing what he has in the preseason. I thought he played exceptionally well in game 3; I know some critics nitpicked but he seemed incredibly fast and ball-hawking out there. I'm hoping Collins and Burnett, who I both feel are very good coverage safeties, can cover for a lot of our deficiencies there. Bigby is okay for a backup although his style seems less of a fit than Burnett, imo.

Our defense is really only one starting corner and one 8-10 sack a year guy to go with Matthews from being elite, in my opinion. The brightside of our lackluster pass coverage is we have one of, if not THE, best ball-hawking DB units in the league and these days that may be more valuable than pure coverage ability.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 09-05-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I've got 3 or 4 CBs that got cut today that would come in and be our #3 corner (not counting Harris, of course.) I pray TT gets over himself and signs one (OR THREE.) I'd really like to see us sign Nathan Vasher. He would be our #3 corner and punt returner, imo. I know he isn't exactly a great player at this point and has been cut twice but beyond Williams are corners are awful and Vasher is probably better than Nelson as a returner.
Ditto on that, all around.
I'd rather have a vet like that who may have lost a step, but knows what he's doing. Plus it would be nice to scoop up a division rival's guy instead of them always scooping up our guys like the grape apes do.

Good call on McDonald... he looked nothing more than a training camp body to me, while EDS appeared to be worth putting in as a backup at least.

Also, is McDonald really better than Havner? Come on. Havner scored as many TDs last regular season as Greg Jennings did. Last I checked, touchdowns mattered in football.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from JSOnline Packer Blog

Quote:
Green Bay - Here's a running list of waiver claims and/or practice squad additions:

RB Kregg Lumpkin was claimed by Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a source;
LB Cyril Obiozor was claimed by the Arizona Cardinals, Adam Caplan of Foxsports.com reports.
Packers signed QB Graham Harrell to their practice squad, according his agent, Joby Branion.
The Detroit Lions claimed LB Spencer Havner, according to NationalFootballPost.com
Not surprising at all, but these were the 3 guys I was praying we could somehow get to the practice squad or at least 1 or 2 of them, but that isn't happening I guess. Really don't give a crap about Harrell on the PS.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOnline
The Minnesota Vikings came after Breno Giacomini hard with more money for their practice squad, but the Packers gave him a better deal, so Giacomini is on the Packers' practice squad.
Those bastards, always trying to take our players.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yeah, and?

Who else was more deserving at DE?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, and?

Who else was more deserving at DE?
I'm not suggesting that we should've kept another DE over him and we got rid of NFL caliber talent in favor of a guy who has never proven to stay healthy and has shown absolutely no promise whatsoever...the 53 spots are so important, each and every one, and we dish one out to a piece of garbage.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then ***** about Nick McDonald, CJ Wilson, Frank Zombo, and arguably a number of others, because Harrell certainly wasn't #53.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well then ***** about Nick McDonald, CJ Wilson, Frank Zombo, and arguably a number of others, because Harrell certainly wasn't #53.
I don't have a problem with Wilson or Zombo making the team...I don't quite understand McDonald over EDS and the biggest problem I have outside of Harrell making the team is the depth, or lack thereof, that we have in the secondary...our starters are at least solid for their role but after that it's a crap shoot and I sure hope none of them see significant time

Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thompson sees no holes anywhere on roster. Stays put with roster at all positions.

Greg_A_Bedard:
While not surprising, I don't understand how the Packers couldn't find one player worth claiming across the league. Not a one? [via Twitter]

jasonjwilde: That was the most contentious press conference I've ever seen from Ted Thompson. [via Twitter]
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

How can he not understand that? There's a reason those players were cut. Good teams don't pick up other teams' garbage. We already had to cut some good players to get below the limit. We're not going to cut more to pick up what other teams didn't want. I'd rather have our own borderline players that have been with the team all offseason. And we were way down the list for the waivers since priority is the same as the draft order. So the "premier" cuts didn't have a chance at getting to us.